The plaque is a plaque that hardens on teeth and gums due to ingesting food and drinks. It is a yellowish chalky substance, and once created, it is difficult to remove.
However, at FastlyHealwe will find out the remedies to remove dental tartar and the ways to prevent it, and the consequences that not treating it can have.
Table of Contents
What are the reasons why we have tartar?
The leading cause of the formation of tartar is inadequate oral hygiene, which causes an accumulation of the bacteria not eliminated that, finally, forms the bacterial plaque. The consumption of alcoholic or carbonated beverages and some medications also facilitate the creation of tartar. An excessively acidic diet with a lot of sugar or refined foods also contributes to its formation. Products such as coffee, black tea, and tobacco cause an increase in bacterial plaque if we do not practice good hygiene.
Next, we will explain the remedies to prevent dental tartar.
It is an easy product to find in herbalists and natural products establishments. It is a very effective remedy to whiten and clean our teeth. We have to brush our teeth with the powder for a couple of minutes. We will feel that we are dirtying our teeth more, but when we rinse, we will be able to see the results. It is essential to ensure that coal does not come from oil but is of plant origin. Its use cannot be excessive because it can damage the enamel, so we must use it in moderation.
Remove tartar with hydrogen peroxide and bicarbonate.
Hydrogen peroxide also acts as a natural bleach and is easily accessible, making it a good option when using it as a remedy to remove tartar from your teeth. Its use can be once a week, applying a couple of drops to our toothbrush.
On the other hand, another natural remedy that can help us clean our teeth is sodium bicarbonate, and, in addition, it helps us prevent heartburn. Its mode of use can be twice a month, brushing our teeth gently so as not to scratch the enamel.
Sunflower oil is excellent for cleaning our teeth, as well as for treating dental problems and eliminating toxins, and cleaning our mouths. Its uses can be to solve the issues of:
Other remedies to remove dental tartar
- Apples and melons. Eating these fruits after eating can help clean teeth naturally and prevent tartar build-up. In addition, it contributes to having healthy gums and preventing them from bleeding.
- Tomatoes and strawberries. Rich in vitamin C, we only need to cut them in half and rub them on the surface of our teeth before eating or drinking.
- Orange . This citrus fruit is high in vitamin C, which helps reduce the growth of microorganisms on the teeth. Extract the skin of the orange and apply it to the base of the teeth before going to sleep.
Possible complications of having tartar
Although at first glance, tartar does not seem to be something that we should be concerned about, it can lead to more significant problems if we do not treat it:
- Caries . By accumulating bacterial plaque, the enamel of the teeth weakens.
- Gingivitis . It is an inflammation of the gums and an infection that destroys the tissues that support the teeth, leading to periodontitis, which can cause the teeth to move.
- Tooth loss . Tartar weakens the bone that surrounds and maintains the teeth.
- Halitosis. Bad breath.
It is always advisable to go to a specialist if we are not sure if we suffer from any ailment or want to ensure the correct condition of our teeth.
Prevent dental tartar
Preventing the formation of bacterial plaque and reducing tartar is not a difficult task. We need to be constant daily by performing a series of simple tasks that we will name below. By following these steps, we can ensure that we have a healthy mouth and considerably reduce the risks of suffering from a problem in the mouth:
- Brush your teeth after each meal properly.
- Brush your teeth for a minimum of two minutes, cleaning tooth by tooth and making sure that we reach every corner.
- Use toothpaste, preferably natural, to avoid the aggressive components of conventional ones.
- Floss is essential to finish cleaning our teeth well, especially in those areas where we do not reach with the brush.
- Mouthwash l. Using a conventional mouthwash can damage the enamel of our teeth since they contain substances that are too aggressive for our teeth. It is advisable to use natural rinses, such as using an infusion of thyme and mint.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Remedies to remove dental tartar , we recommend that you enter our category of Teeth and mouth .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.