We can confirm that a child has diarrhea when he has more than three smaller stools in 24 hours. You have to be careful with this condition as it leads to the loss of fluids through the stool, and when dealing with young children, dehydration occurs much faster than in adults. If there is a presence of mucus or blood in any seat, you should immediately consult a pediatrician. To solve this problem, hydration is essential, and in no case should you stop eating for this reason. However, at the beginning of diarrhea, the child or baby may lose their appetite, and it is not good to pressure them to feed. Also, we must consider what we provide them since it has to be a soft diet.
Keep reading this FastlyHealarticle for the best home remedies for diarrhea in children.
Home remedies for infant diarrhea
For mild or uncomplicated diarrhea, you can use one of these natural recipes to keep you hydrated and help you replace the minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients that you have been losing and, thus, stop and cure childhood diarrhea :
- Rice and carrot water: boil a cup of rice with four carrots for 20 minutes in water and let it steep. Strain and drink the liquid throughout the day.
- Guava Bud Tea: Boil a couple of fresh guava leaves and dispense this effective tea without sugar and honey by the teaspoon.
- Blueberries: an old grandmother’s recipe is to give the child a few bits of blueberries (blueberries) dried or juice.
- Water and salts to hydrate: mix a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of baking soda, and salt in a cup of water. Give sips to drink throughout the day.
- Rose tea: a rose petal tea helps hydration and reduces the amount of diarrhea.
- Lemon juice and grapes: mix the juice of one lemon and 100 grams of grape with a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of salt in half a liter of mineral water. Give your child frequent sips while symptoms last.
- Raw yucca horchata: add a little lemon juice to a horchata and crumble a few sprigs of spearmint or spearmint.
- Rice water: simmer two handfuls of rice for a quarter of an hour in two cups of water until the liquid is reduced by half. Give the child a drink.
All these natural remedies to stop diarrhea in children are effective because they provide them with necessary nutrients such as minerals, vitamins, and fibers, in addition to being hydrating and being very easy to digest, allowing the digestive system not to have to work too hard and to recover sooner. And better.
Foods to stop diarrhea in children and babies
When a child or baby has diarrhea, always under the prescription and advice of the pediatrician, it is advisable to adjust the diet and allow him to eat soft foods to cure diarrhea, always baked, grilled, boiled, or steamed:
- Boiled eggs
- White rice
- Asparagus buds
- White paste
- Dried or dried fruits
These soft foods help the affected digestive system because, apart from containing necessary nutrients, they are easily digestible. Likewise, it is essential to ensure that the child takes probiotics, sold in pharmacies as bricks or bottles as if they were juices. Probiotics will help your child’s intestinal flora to recover.
When to see a doctor for diarrhea in children and babies
When the little one makes more than three soft or liquid stools in 24 hours, it is necessary to see a doctor. But, in addition, in the following cases, it is required to return:
- If the child or baby has severe tummy aches.
- If you have a high fever.
- Dry mouth with a bit of saliva.
- Downy, watery eyes.
- There is blood and mucus in the stool.
- The frequency of diarrhea increases.
- If you go 6 hours without urinating or even taking sips of liquids or if you have little or no tears when crying, it means that there is dehydration, and it is necessary to go to the emergency room.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Remedies to cure diarrhea in children, we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.