The consumption of certain foods incorporated into the diet during a diarrheal picture is of great help; with this, dehydration and complications that can aggravate the patient’s clinical picture will be avoided.
The diarrhea is an alteration produced in the intestine where there is an increased number of evacuations, which are modified in the appearance of feces, the amount, and frequency. Each person has a bowel rhythm that different factors can change.
Any person can present a diarrheal picture product of multiple factors, from viral or bacterial pictures to psychological ones. The latter can alter intestinal peristalsis and produce an alteration in evacuations.
In this FastlyHealarticle, you will learn which are the best foods to stop diarrhea if you are going through this circumstance.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of diarrhea
Diarrhea changes the habitual evacuation of intestinal stools; the seats become softer and more liquid when this increases.
The duration is usually 1 or 2 days depending on the cause. It is essential to mention that anyone can suffer from this disorder, from children to the elderly. When it lasts for several days, it may indicate the presence of a condition that requires immediate medical attention.
There is a risk of being contaminated with the consumption of food or water. Therefore, it is necessary to have to control over-processed foods.
The symptoms of diarrhea are very characteristic and help to make the diagnosis once they have been established:
- Abdominal pain.
- Loose and frequent stools
- Sometimes there may be blood in the chair.
Taking care of the food eaten during and after a diarrheal condition guarantees the patient’s total recovery and avoids the complications inherent to this alteration. Once manifested, the most important thing is to maintain the nutritional requirements of people to avoid complications, such as dehydration and weight loss.
Causes of diarrhea
The causes of diarrhea are multiple, among which we can mention:
- Bacteria and parasites.
- Some surgeries, especially those performed at the abdominal level, include removing the gallbladder.
- Chronic digestive diseases can trigger periods of diarrhea, including ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
All of these disorders can trigger diarrhea without warning and at any time.
Foods to stop diarrhea in adults
Diet is essential to combat the effects of diarrhea and, in this way, not aggravate the patient’s symptoms. The main foods to cut diarrhea that should be eaten are the following:
- Rice water: it is well known to cut diarrhea; to prepare it, you must cook the rice for 20 minutes and strain it. Then, the rice water is consumed at room temperature; this procedure can be done three times daily.
- Baking soda, water, and lemon: you should ingest a lot of liquid combined with lemon and bicarbonate. Both have antidiarrheal effects naturally on their own.
- Apple: it is the antidiarrheal fruit par excellence; To obtain its benefits, it must be consumed peeled, as it has a lot of fiber, and it must also be cooked or roasted.
- Chamomile tea: the medicinal properties of chamomile flowers are many; among them, they calm nerves and anxiety. It is excellent in cases of diarrhea due to nervousness. This plant is used to treat intestinal inflammation as well as being antispasmodic. You can consume up to 3 cups a day.
- Yogurt: provides excellent benefits due to good bacteria known as Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacterium. These act by restoring the balance of the colon and eliminating those organisms that are harmful to it.
- Ginger: in cases where diarrhea is caused by food poisoning, its use is excellent as it reduces cramps and abdominal pain. It can be consumed in the form of tea.
- Pears: it is the second most used fruit to cut diarrhea. It should be eaten like the apple, peeled, cooked, and in the form of compote.
- Carrot is a vegetable with high nutritional content; it should be consumed in soups or puree. It avoids dehydration due to diarrhea and provides potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium. These minerals restore the balance of the intestinal flora.
- Bananas: it is one of the best foods to cut diarrhea; it is rich in water and potassium. If that were not enough, it is responsible for balancing digestive functions.
All these foods have particular nutrients to stop diarrhea healthily and naturally. Do not hesitate to use them; you will get all the benefits of these foods and recover quickly and safely. We also invite you to consult the article Astringent diet to treat diarrhea.
You must consult with your doctor; he will recommend the best diet for diarrhea and what you need at this time according to the symptoms you present.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Foods to cut diarrhea , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.