The breasts are susceptible, so any injury to the area is of great concern to women. Breast pimples can often appear, and although they can occur at any age, they are more common in adulthood.
Several factors can cause pimples in the breasts, so we invite you to continue reading this FastlyHealarticle to discover all the causes and how to remove them with the best treatments and advice.
Why do pimples appear in the breasts?
Pimples in the breasts can appear for different causes, such as:
- Genetics: Sometimes, the appearance of pimples in the breasts has to do with hereditary acne.
- Diet: a diet full of fats and chemical additives can cause these lesions to appear or aggravate existing ones.
- Blockage and inflammation of the hair follicles: When the dead cells or the sebum that travels through the hair follicles accumulate excessively, they block the skin’s pores and cause the growth of bacteria that cause acne in the chest.
- Hormonal changes: the hormonal changes that women are subjected to during the different stages of their life predispose to the appearance of pimples on the breasts and other parts of the body. During menstruation and pregnancy, the woman is exposed to hormonal changes typical of these stages.
- White granites on the nipple: they are known as Montgomery’s tubercles. They are located on the surface of the areola of the nipple. They are tiny sebaceous glands whose function is to keep the nipples lubricated and in good condition. They can be made evident by hormonal changes, diet, stress, or follicle inflammation. After overcoming these situations, they return to normal.
- Chemicals: sunscreen, shower gel, makeup, or body creams can irritate the skin of the breasts, causing these lesions.
- Medications: Some medications, such as corticosteroids, can cause pimples to appear on the breasts.
- Stress: stress or anxiety affects the sebaceous glands’ normal functioning, causing an overproduction of sebum.
How to remove pimples on the breasts
If pimples appear on your breasts, it is best to consult a dermatologist, the skin specialist, to examine the lesions you present and indicate which is the best treatment for you.
There are particular hygiene and care habits that can help you get rid of chest acne:
- Bathing daily: it is essential to keep the body’s skin clean, especially the breast area. In this sense, you can use cold water to activate blood circulation in your body. You should avoid hot water, which would aggravate existing injuries.
- Wash the area of the breasts where the pimples are found with a neutral or natural soap, especially if you have sensitive skin. Commercial soaps are high in oil and perfume, and these two ingredients promote the breakout of pimples on the skin.
- The exfoliation keeps the skin clean of impurities. Through this technique, the pores of toxins and dead cells are freed. Perform a weekly exfoliation of the area.
- Keep your hair clean (if it reaches your breasts). You can prevent fat from contacting the breast tissue, accumulating, and clogging the pores.
- The use of masks on the face is recommended for the rest of the body. Those that are based on clay help to dry the lesions, eliminate excess oil, in addition to closing the pores.
- Use creams and lotions that contain zinc.
- Avoid sun exposure to the chest area to prevent pimples from worsening.
If treatment for acne on the chest is necessary, it can be based on retinoid creams that you should apply daily to prevent the hair follicles from clogging. Likewise, antibiotics will be indicated in case the grains are infected. Salicylic acid also prevents the hair follicles from clogging and, consequently, fat accumulation.
Home remedies to eliminate pimples in the breasts
Some natural remedies can help you speed up the disappearance of pimples on your breasts:
- Aloe vera: it is an excellent natural remedy with multiple properties. It helps purify the body when ingested, so it must be taken orally or applied directly to the grain.
- Lemon drops: it is easy to get and a very inexpensive remedy. Applying a few drops of lemon to the pimples on the breasts before going to sleep will improve amazingly.
- Honey: it is a food with excellent antiseptic and antibacterial properties. You can consume it or apply it directly to the grain to let it act for a few minutes and then remove it with plenty of warm water.
- Egg white: you can apply it to take advantage of its excellent properties as a tonic and skin tightener. To do this, beat the white of an egg until it is foamy, apply it to the lesions, let it act until it dries, and remove it with plenty of warm water.
In the following article, you can see more Home remedies for pimples.
How to prevent pimples on the breasts
The prevention of the appearance of pimples in the breasts can be done if specific measures are taken, such as:
- Maintain proper hygiene of the sinuses, and excess sweat can lead to the appearance of acne.
- Wear bras that do not constrict or compress the breasts.
- Do not use soaps that contain a lot of alcohol and cause dry skin.
- Please do not touch or squeeze any pimples, as they can leave scars.
- Do not leave sweaty clothes for a long time after physical training.
- Avoid eating greasy food
- Increase your intake of vitamins.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimples in the breasts: why they come out and how to remove them, we recommend that you enter our category of Skin, hair, and nails.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.