Losing a few kilos or maintaining the ideal weight is not an easy task, but to achieve it it is not necessary to undergo very strict weight loss regimes or the so-called “miracle diets”, as this can cause serious problems in the health of the body in the short and long term. If you are looking for new allies to help you reduce measures more quickly, nothing better than betting on healthy foods full of benefits such as ginger. Do you already know its incredible slimming properties? Keep reading because at FastlyHealwe show you all the keys to lose weight with ginger.
Table of Contents
Properties of ginger for weight loss
In the field of health, ginger stands out for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive effects and its ability to treat colds. But, in addition to this, several investigations have indicated that it is a root that accelerates fat burning and promotes weight loss , so it is not surprising that it has become one of the most popular remedies to lose some pounds.
Let’s see below what are all the slimming properties of ginger:
- Increases the levels of serotonin in the body, a neurotransmitter that helps control the feeling of hunger. This reduces the appetite and reduces the amount of food we eat.
- Improves the digestive process. The compounds it contains favor the production of gastric juices, the strength and mobility of the stomach muscles. All this improves the digestion of food, which can move very easily through the body. Proper digestion is key to avoid stomach ailments but also to eliminate excess substances and toxins from the body, thus preventing weight gain.
- It accelerates the metabolism and, with it, increases the burning of fats and the expenditure of energy that the body consumes on a regular basis. This is thanks to components called gingerol and shogaol.
- Thermogenic effect. When we consume ginger, there is an increase in body temperature, which is also effective in helping to burn unwanted fats.
- It is an antioxidant. It helps the body eliminate accumulated toxins allowing the organs to work more efficiently and avoiding conditions such as fluid retention, responsible in many cases for swelling and volume gain.
Ginger Lemon Tea
Ginger can be incorporated into the diet in a number of ways, but one of the most effective preparations for rapid weight loss is ginger lemon tea. To the slimming properties of ginger, we add the antioxidant and fat-burning effects of lemon. This citrus fruit is rich in vitamin C, an essential nutrient to detoxify the body and rid it of those impurities that complicate weight loss. In addition, its caloric intake is very low and it is a good food to strengthen the immune system.
These are the steps you must follow to prepare the ginger and lemon tea:
- Heat a cup of water on the fire and remove it from the fire before it comes to a boil.
- Add a small slice of ginger to the hot water. Cover the saucepan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze to obtain the juice.
- After 5 minutes, add the lemon juice to the ginger water.
- Strain and drink the tea.
It is advisable to drink ginger and lemon tea on an empty stomach (half an hour before breakfast) to make the most of its slimming effects and the receptivity of the body. Unless there is some type of intolerance to these ingredients, there are no restrictions on their consumption but it would also be best to take it for 4 weeks and leave the following week off. If in doubt, consult your doctor or nutritionist.
Ginger and green tea
If we combine ginger with another plant with similar properties, we obtain a doubly effective preparation to lose weight and considerably increase the loss of body fat. In this case, we mean combining it with green tea , which is also thermogenic and acts by increasing body temperature, accelerating metabolism and purifying the body.
To prepare the ginger and green tea drink , follow the instructions:
- Boil a tablespoon of ginger slices in a pot with two cups of water.
- Remove from the heat, introduce two green tea bags and mash them with a fork so that the preparation is steeped in this plant.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes and after this time, remove the green tea bags.
- Strain the preparation and it will be ready to drink.
In the same way, it is recommended to consume a cup of this infusion on an empty stomach or half an hour before food to reduce appetite and benefit from the feeling of satiety it provides.
Ginger in the diet
In addition to the previous ginger weight loss preparations, you can also experiment in the kitchen and add this ingredient to some healthy, low-calorie dishes. Fresh ginger adds a special touch to meals, as well as a different texture that can be very pleasant for the sense of taste; however, you should be careful with the quantities as excess could influence the good taste of other foods.
An ideal way to integrate ginger into your diet and promote weight loss at the same time is to add it to salads. It will be enough to grate a little of the root of this plant on the plate or prepare a ginger infusion, add a little olive oil and use the mixture as a delicious salad dressing.
You can also add it to other dishes such as recipes for rice, meat or fish and seafood.
Although ginger has many health benefits, in the same way as with any other food, it is convenient to be informed about what in cases its consumption is not very advisable.
Specialists point out that they should refrain from taking ginger in any of its presentations: pregnant and lactating women, people with gastric conditions (ulcers, gastritis, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel or colitis), with gallstones, with hypertension or with blood clotting problems.
If you want to lose weight with ginger and start consuming this root, do not hesitate to consult your doctor or dietitian in advance if it is advisable for your health.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Lose weight with ginger , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.