Would you like to try a drink full of benefits and properties to lose weight and improve the health of your body? Then, you have to try turmeric and ginger tea, an infusion made with two ingredients highly appreciated in the culinary world of various countries around the world that are good allies to accelerate the loss of kilos and make the body burn more fat. If you combine its consumption with a hypocaloric diet and a physical exercise routine, you will get rid of accumulated fat and you will also be able to detoxify your body, since they help eliminate toxins that little by little are damaging health and contribute to weight gain, among other conditions.
Keep reading this FastlyHealarticle to learn how to prepare turmeric and ginger tea to lose weight.
Table of Contents
Benefits of turmeric and ginger tea for weight loss
Turmeric and ginger tea is a drink full of beneficial properties for the health of the body and also to promote and accelerate weight loss, fat burning and the elimination of toxins in a completely natural way.
Below we show you what are the main properties of turmeric and ginger to lose weight separately, so you can get an idea of what the combination of both ingredients will offer you.
Benefits of turmeric for weight loss
- It contains curcumin, a compound that has the ability to inhibit cell division in fat cells and, therefore, prevent new fat tissue from forming and increasing, causing weight gain.
- Regulates blood glucose levels and prevents insulin resistance, thereby also preventing excess fat from being stored in the body.
- Increases the amount of bile in the stomach, which helps dissolve fat, thus promoting weight loss.
- It reduces high levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood thanks also to its curcumin content.
- It is a powerful antioxidant because it contains polyphenols and this allows it to fight against aging and eliminate harmful toxins that accumulate and that, among other things, also cause weight gain.
- Improves digestion, helping to avoid gas and abdominal bloating.
- It accelerates the metabolism thus allowing a greater burning of fats.
In the following article you can see more Uses and properties of turmeric for health .
Benefits of ginger for weight loss
- It raises the levels of serotonin in the body, which is a neurotransmitter that helps control hunger and reduce appetite, thus reducing the amount of food eaten.
- It has compounds that improve the production of gastric juices and this improves the process of digestion and the elimination of harmful substances and toxins.
- It has the property of accelerating metabolism and, therefore, more fat is burned and the body consumes more of its own energy. This is thanks to components called shogaol and gingerol.
- Its consumption raises the body temperature and this helps to burn fat, making it more effective.
- It is a great antioxidant that helps eliminate toxins by improving the functioning of different organs and preventing conditions such as fluid retention and swelling and weight gain.
You can learn more about the benefits of this root in the article Ginger: properties and contraindications .
How to prepare turmeric and ginger tea to lose weight
There are several recipes that you can follow to prepare turmeric and ginger tea to lose weight, below we show you the ones that can offer you better results in your goal of losing kilos and burning fat, in addition to providing you with a more pleasant taste.
Turmeric, ginger and honey tea
The ingredients you need to make this infusion are:
- 30 g fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 cups of water
For preparation, follow the steps listed below:
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Place a saucepan with the water on the fire and add the ginger to boil for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- After that time, strain the preparation, reserving the liquid and pouring it into a cup.
- Add the turmeric, the amount of honey you want and stir with a spoon.
- If you like it, you can also add a few drops of lemon juice or a fresh lemon wedge.
Turmeric, ginger and cayenne pepper tea
In this case, we add cayenne pepper to the recipe, as it also helps you lose weight because it is a great natural satiating agent and accelerates metabolism, thus allowing greater fat burning.
The ingredients that you must gather are:
- 2 pieces of ginger
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 l of water
- honey to taste
- 2 lemon slices
To prepare turmeric, ginger and pepper tea you must follow these steps:
- Peel and grate the ginger and bring it to a boil in a pot with the water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cayenne pepper, and lemon wedges and let everything cook for another 5 to 10 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- After that time, strain the preparation.
- Sweeten by adding the amount of honey you want and that’s it!
How to drink ginger and turmeric tea to lose weight
It is important to drink ginger and turmeric tea at the right time to lose weight faster and reduce the volume of the figure.
It is best to drink about 2 cups a day about 30 minutes before meals so that you can take advantage of its satiating effects and not have the need to eat a large amount of food.
However, this infusion, although it can be of great help, does not offer miraculous results, so it will be essential that you combine its consumption with a healthy, low-fat diet and regular physical exercise.
Contraindications of turmeric and ginger tea
Before you start drinking this tea, you should know what its contraindications are so that it is not harmful to your health:
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- Patients with gastric conditions such as stomach ulcers, gastritis, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel, or colitis.
- Patients with gallstones.
- In case of hypertension.
- Patients with blood clotting problems.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Turmeric and ginger tea for weight loss – benefits and how to prepare it , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.