The colon is the second and last portion of the intestine. It is also called the large intestine. The initial dose is the small intestine. It begins in the ileocecal valve and is made up of six parts:
- The cecum, where the vermiform or cecal appendix is located.
- The ascending colon goes up to the liver.
- The transverse colon crosses to the left side of the spleen.
- The descending colon is directed towards the pelvis.
- The sigmoid colon, directed posteriorly, is in front of the sacrum.
- The rectum is the terminal portion that empties into the anus.
Its primary function is the absorption of water from the feces and the formation of the fecal bolus with the waste materials of digestion. Due to this noble function, it is often “dirty.” We must then know how to naturally clean the dirty colon to get rid of the materials that do not allow it to perform its functions correctly. This FastlyHealarticle shows the best remedies to cleanse the colon naturally at home.
Dirty colon symptoms
Our body usually speaks and what we must do is learn to listen to it. A dirty colon produces the accumulation of toxins that will cause some manifestations such as:
- Acne appears at ages outside adolescence.
- Fatigue, without an increase in your physical activity.
- Weight gain, without having produced changes in your diet.
- Headaches are mild but persistent.
- Low energy and feeling of unjustified drowsiness.
Colon cleansing benefits
Cleaning the dirty colon contributes to:
- Improve your ability to concentrate and memorize.
- Improve your energy levels and feeling of well-being.
- Improve the state of your immune system.
- Lose weight.
- Reduce the risk of colon cancer.
How to clean a dirty colon
To do a colon cleanse, there are two different methods :
- Do it through the use of pharmacological products (not recommended).
- Do it by natural means.
There are also other ways or ways to do it:
- By irrigation, by placing enemas (chemical or natural), which we do not recommend either.
- By ingestion, following the natural route: the oral route.
Home remedies for cleaning dirty colon naturally.
Among the remedies to do a natural colon cleansing at home, we find effective options:
- Apple juice
- You will need 1 apple and 1 cup of water.
- Preparation: cut the apple into pieces, mix them, grind them in the cup with water, and consume this juice; 30 minutes later, drink a glass of water. Do this for 3 consecutive days.
Apples are a rich source of unique fiber called pectin that has both soluble and insoluble properties that help to increase the volume of your stool and facilitate its intestinal transit.
- Cleanse the colon with lemon
- You will need 1/2 lemon, 1-2 teaspoons of honey, a pinch of salt, and 1 glass of warm water.
- Preparation: squeeze half a lemon and add the juice to a glass of warm water; Add the salt and honey, mix it well and drink this juice. Do this for five consecutive days, in the morning, on an empty stomach.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C, improve metabolism, and aid detoxification. In addition, they are natural antioxidants and protect your body from free radical damage.
- You will need a bowl of plain yogurt.
- Preparation: consume a bowl of natural yogurt without sugar and fruits. Do this for 5 consecutive days.
Yogurt is a natural probiotic that helps restore beneficial intestinal flora. It is also a rich source of antioxidants and aids in your body’s natural detoxification.
- Raw vegetable juice
- You will need spinach, beet, carrot, tomato, or cucumber.
- Preparation: mix any combination of these vegetables in a blender and drink this juice. Do this twice a day for 5 consecutive days.
If you opt for a natural colon cleanse, you must stay away from cooked and processed foods for a short time.
In the following article, you can see more good juices to cleanse the colon.
- Sea salt
- You will need 1 tablespoon of unrefined sea salt and one glass of warm water.
- Preparation: add the tablespoon of unrefined sea salt to the glass of warm water and drink this solution in the morning on an empty stomach; then massage your abdomen down. Do this for 5 consecutive days.
Saltwater intake increases bowel movements and helps expel various accumulated toxins, bacteria, and feces from your colon.
- You will need 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds and 1 glass of warm water.
- Preparation: Mix the tablespoon of flaxseeds in a glass of warm water; Drink this mixture 30 minutes before breakfast and before going to bed. You can add a little honey to it. Do this twice a day for 3 consecutive days.
Flaxseeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants. They produce a combined effect of volume and laxative.
- Aloe vera juice
- You will need 200 mg of aloe vera (aloe) gel, 1-2 cups of water, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Preparation: add two teaspoons of lemon juice to a cup or two of water, the 200 mg of aloe vera gel, and mix well in the blender. Refrigerate this juice for 3 to 4 hours, and then drink it on an empty stomach. Do this twice a day for 3 consecutive days.
Aloe can help increase bowel movements. The presence of various vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and antioxidants impart exceptional detoxifying and laxative properties to aloe vera, which can help cleanse the colon naturally.
- Coconut oil
- You will need 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, lemon juice (optional), and yogurt (optional).
- Preparation: consume the two tablespoons of oil several times until you have finished 14 tablespoons. If the coconut oil tastes “too fatty,” you can add a little lemon juice or yogurt to it.
Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids (such as lauric acid), giving it potent antioxidant properties. These fatty acids help eliminate toxic substances from the body in a short period.
- Green tea
- You will need 1 teaspoon of green tea, 1 cup of hot water, and honey (optional).
- Preparation: place a teaspoon of green tea in a cup of hot water for at least 10 minutes, let it cool a little, add a little honey and drink this infusion. You can drink green tea 3 to 4 times a day.
Green tea contains catechins, a group of polyphenols that exhibit antioxidant properties and help cleanse the colon.
In this other article, you can see other effective infusions to cleanse the colon.
You will probably find other natural recipes on the Internet. Analyze them and use them with care since some cause bulky diarrhea, which is why we have not reviewed them here.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to clean the dirty colon naturally, we recommend that you enter our Wellbeing category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.