When the heart beats it pumps blood into the arteries, and the force of the blood against the arteries is what we know as blood pressure. When the blood pressure measurement shows values lower than 90/60, the person is considered to have hypotension , a condition that can be very dangerous because in most cases it is silent, that is, it does not present relevant symptoms.
Diseases such as anemia, some medications, treatments such as chemotherapy and even very high temperatures can cause blood pressure to drop, however, when blood pressure levels are constantly low it is necessary for the person to go to the doctor to find out what is the cause. Hypotension can cause health problems if it is not taken care of properly, for this reason at FastlyHealwe inform you of some home remedies for low blood pressure .
Table of Contents
Causes of low pressure
The low pressure or hypotension can cause fatigue, dizziness, weakness, constant fatigue, palpitations, fainting and even muscle stiffness, however, is not considered a critical condition because it can be controlled. But why does the tension drop? Some causes of low blood pressure are:
- An isolated event . High temperatures and changes in altitude can affect blood flow, lowering blood pressure. It is usually a specific cause that does not recur constantly.
- When a person has repetitive low levels of tension it can be due to heart problems . This can affect the rhythm of the heartbeat, making the person feel it intensely.
- When the cause of low blood pressure is internal bleeding, there will usually be blood in the stool.
- In the case of an infection, low blood pressure is accompanied by a fever above 38º.
- When you have low blood pressure and it is suspected that it may be anemia , it is necessary to perform an analysis to check the hemoglobin levels in the blood.
Feeding and low pressure
To avoid heart complications and prevent low blood pressure, it is very important to take care of your diet. Here at FastlyHealwe offer you some tips to avoid low blood pressure through your diet:
- Avoid consuming sweets , flours and carbohydrates in excess. Consuming these foods in large quantities causes an increase in blood glucose levels, which produces a lot of energy, but, to regulate glucose, an increase in insulin production is necessary, which can counteract this energetic effect and cause hypotension.
- Eat protein and vegetables. A healthy diet promotes digestion and the levels of cholesterol, glucose and triglycerides in the blood, which positively intervenes in the health of the heart and arteries.
- Take some water . Dehydration is one of the most common causes of low blood pressure. Drinking 2 liters of water a day keeps the body hydrated and favors the function of the kidneys to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Avoid alcohol . Alcoholic beverages tend to affect blood pressure by slowing blood flow, so opt for stimulant drinks like coffee to avoid low blood pressure.
Home remedy for low blood pressure with lion’s tail
This plant is widely used as a home remedy to improve the health of blood capillaries, as it acts in the body as a heart tonic . Preparing a home remedy for low blood pressure with lion’s tail is very simple, just buy an infusion of lion’s tail from a herbalist and take it once a day, preferably after lunch. It is important not to exceed the consumption of this infusion because it can stimulate the heart rate excessively.
Home remedy for low blood pressure with rosemary
Rosemary is well known for its properties to stimulate the proper functioning of the nervous system and improve blood circulation. The best option to use rosemary as a home remedy for low blood pressure is to prepare an infusion of this plant.
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary.
- 1 cup of boiling water.
Let the plant sit for at least 15 minutes in the boiling water. Then filter and remove the rosemary. Then sweeten and drink. One cup a day is the recommended portion.
Home remedy for low blood pressure with ginger
Ginger is a jewel of nature due to the many benefits it offers, including its ability to stimulate circulation, as well as prevent blood from clotting. Make a ginger tea for low blood pressure!
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- 1 cup of boiling water.
Add the ginger to the cup of water and let it steep for 15 minutes. Then strain, sweeten and eat. If you prefer, you can add honey and lemon to disguise the ginger flavor.
Home remedy for low blood pressure with ginseng
Ginseng is one of those home remedies that works for many things, one of which is that it intervenes in the regulation of blood pressure . You can obtain its properties through an infusion:
- 1 teaspoon ground ginseng root.
- 1 cup of boiling water.
Add the ginseng to the water and let it steep for 15 minutes. Then strain, sweeten and eat.
Other recommendations for low pressure
- When blood pressure drops suddenly, we can try to regain normal pressure by drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of salt .
- Avoiding saunas and very arid areas can be of great help to prevent a voltage drop due to high temperatures.
- Having a small, portable fan on hand is a great help in case of vaporones.
- Getting up slowly after a long period of rest also prevents hypotension.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for low blood pressure , we recommend that you enter our category of Blood, heart and circulation .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.