The pimples can appear anywhere on the body, including the inside of the ear. The spots inside the ear can occur in different parts of the ear, either in the lobe or in the pinna, and depending on the location in which they are, they can be challenging to see and can even become infected and produce pain.
If you want to know why pimples appear inside the ear and how to eliminate them with the most suitable pharmacological treatments and home remedies, pay attention to this article by FastlyHeal.
Table of Contents
Why do pimples appear inside the ear?
The appearance of pimples inside the ear can be due to multiple causes, among which we can mention:
- Excess fat production by the skin glands is found in the ears.
- Constant exposure to dust: dirt from the contaminated environment can reach the ears, causing clogging of the pores and causing pimples to appear inside the ears.
- Constant use of hearing aids shared with other people.
- When exercising in dirty or polluted water, Swimmers run the risk of pimples or pimples appearing in the ears.
- Hormonal disorders during puberty can be the triggers for the presence of acne.
- The use of piercings that do not keep the proper hygienic measures can become infected, leading to pimples in the ears.
- The use of tight helmets or hats causes an accumulation of sweat and fat on the head and the ears, which can give rise to pimples due to the obstruction of the pores of the skin in that area.
- Stress: the excessive sweating that this situation generates stimulates fat production.
- Allergic reactions: some foods or medicines can generate a response giving rise to the appearance of pimples inside the ear.
Pimples inside the ear: associated symptoms
The symptoms that appear when pimples appear inside the ear are the following:
- Mild pain that can become irritating where the spot appears.
- Inflammation with redness in the area.
- The moment the grain sprouts, fluid oozing occurs.
- If the abscess is located inside the ear canal, it may feel like your ear is plugged.
- Presence of a pimple with pus at the tip.
How to remove pimples inside the ear
The inside of the ear is a very delicate area, and, in order not to damage the ear, it is necessary to treat the pimples inside the ear with the appropriate measures and treatments.
Medical treatment for pimples inside the ear may include the following:
- Application of creams whose content is salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. They allow the pimple to dry out and reduce inflammation in the abscess. The creams should be applied in visible places. It is vital to avoid putting objects in the ear to give rise to an infection.
- The pimples inside the ear should be drained without medical supervision.
- If the grain is very painful and deserves to be drained, you should go to the dermatologist, and he has the necessary or sterile instruments to perform the procedure.
Home remedies to remove pimples inside the ear
Some natural remedies can help accelerate the disappearance of pimples inside the ear and soothe the area if it is inflamed and sore:
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel is excellent for removing pimples due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Thanks to the latter, it eliminates the bacteria inside the ear, which can contaminate the grain. In these cases, it is advisable to use aloe vera gel to reduce inflammation and pain by placing it on the pimple for ½ hour.
- Apple cider vinegar: the acetic acid that apple cider vinegar contains dissolves dead skin cells, unclogging the pores and pimples or blackheads in the ear. It has antiseptic properties, allowing for eradicating the bacteria present in the area where it is applied. This solution is applied directly to the site where the grain is located and is authorized to act.
- Sodium bicarbonate: its use reduces the red spots from which the pimples appear. It helps remove oil that clogs pores and removes bacteria that can infect pimples. To use this remedy, you must mix a little water with baking soda to form a paste and place it on the spot.
- Tea tree oil: this home remedy is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. You must impregnate a cotton ball with the oil and apply it directly to the grain.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimples inside the ear: why they come out and how to remove them, we recommend that you enter our category of Skin, hair, and nails.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.