Female self-care is a practice that concerns all women. Generally, these practices are transmitted from mothers to daughters and even among friends, and most of the time, they encourage women to be careful with their bodies. But some tips are not recommended, as they can do more harm than good. Do you want to know if it is advisable to use white vinegar to wash the genital area?
Next, in this FastlyHeal article, you will find complete information about it that will help you understand if white vinegar can be used for intimate washing and why.
Table of Contents
Is it reasonable to douche?
Feminine hygiene is an issue that many women are aware of, but is it something you need to worry about?
The woman’s body is wise, and it works perfectly if we are conscious when taking care of it. This care involves a series of healthy habits that are as close to natural as possible and simple to maintain. Among them are:
- Do exercise.
- Good nutrition.
- Keep the mind healthy.
- Carry out body cleansing, both externally and internally.
As for the hygiene of the vaginal area, there is not much that should be done. Only cleaning the external area of the genitals is enough. And not only that it is enough, but it is the only thing necessary: you should try not to perform internal vaginal cleaning or douching.
Can white vinegar be used for intimate washing?
Most vaginal washes are performed with vinegar water. Moreover, some preparations are sold in pharmacies ready to perform vaginal douches that are made based on acetic acid (vinegar), bicarbonate, and water. Still, it has been shown that this is not good: white vinegar is not suitable for intimate washing, nor can other substances be used.
Reasons not to use white vinegar for intimate washing
The reasons why white vinegar cannot be used for intimate washing are:
- Changes in normal pH, which is acidic. With douching, this acidity is modified, creating an unhealthy environment.
- The flora of the vagina is altered, that is, the bacteria that are usually present in that area and perform specific care functions, including maintaining the acidity that is so important.
- There is a greater propensity for infections. It has been shown that women with altered pH have a higher risk of contracting HIV.
- Regular hygiene in the internal genital area is common to irritate.
- They can worsen previous inflammation situations.
- There is less fertility: it was observed that there is less possibility of pregnancy in women who want to conceive. At the same time, it is not suitable as a contraceptive method, meaning that douching after unprotected sex will not prevent you from becoming pregnant.
- There is a greater probability of ectopic pregnancies: embryo implantation outside the uterus.
- Douching during pregnancy can lead to premature labor.
On the other hand, the hygiene of the external area of the genitals must also be carried out properly, since if this is not the case, that area is exposed to different problems such as infections, inflammation, or chemicals. Again: white vinegar should not be used for external genital washing either.
What is the best way to maintain feminine hygiene?
Now that white vinegar cannot be used for intimate washing, and you may wonder what the best way to maintain feminine hygiene is?
Vaginal hygiene is elementary; it should only be cleaned from the front to the back to avoid bringing fecal matter remains with bacteria from the anus to the genital and urinary area, which can cause infections. This wash is recommended once a day, with clean water and without the soap containing too many substances such as colorants or perfumes. The most natural is always better, especially in this delicate area.
The typical discharge or discharge in the vagina is necessary to clean it from the inside out, and it is also helpful to remove traces of semen after sexual intercourse. But if you notice:
- Unpleasant smell.
- Heavy vaginal discharge
- Colored vaginal discharge
- Other symptoms that urge you to douche.
The best option is to consult your trusted gynecologist, as they will be the ones who can guide you to carry out an effective treatment so that you can solve your problem more quickly.
You can also try to improve vaginal discharge through natural remedies, but it is recommended that you consult with your family doctor.
It is advisable to avoid using sprays, powders, and perfumes. Additionally, feminine pads and tampons are irritating and can generate significant waste. Therefore, it is good to consider using menstrual cups that are simple to use and friendly with the care of the environment.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Can white vinegar be used for intimate washing? We recommend that you enter our Sexuality category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.