Female sexuality can be affected by decreased sexual desire; multiple factors can influence this alteration. These range from the loss of interest in the partner due to disappointment, heartbreak, etc., to some disease that gives rise to this dysfunction.
The lack of sexual desire is evidenced when a woman loses the desire to be intimate with her partner. When this situation represents a problem, you should seek professional help who can guide and indicate a treatment, if necessary, that stimulates and increases sexual desire. In this FastlyHealarticle, you will learn about sexual stimulants for women.
Lack of sexual desire in women
At some point in her life, the woman may suffer from a lack of sexual desire; once this manifests itself, the ideal is to go to the doctor. In this case, the gynecologist, based on the medical history and questioning about your account, will rule out any disease or process that is giving rise to this condition.
Depending on the symptoms that accompany the decrease in sexual desire, the specialist may order blood tests to check the levels of hormones. With this, an abnormality at the level of the thyroid, pancreas, or liver will be detected to solve the symptoms in a short time.
In cases where it is detected that the causes are of psychological origin, the specialist will refer the patient to a therapist expert in psychology or sexology to provide the necessary tools to solve the problem.
After making the diagnosis, treatment to increase the woman’s sexual desire will be indicated, including medications, drops, hormonal therapy, or natural sexual stimulants.
Drugs to increase desire in women
There are antidepressant medications that are capable of reducing sexual desire, such as:
On the contrary, there is another group of antidepressants that improve sexual loss of appetite and in this group are:
- Bupropion: It is sometimes used to treat hypoactive sexual desire.
- Flibanserin: it is used to increase sexual desire and is recommended by specialist doctors to increase appetite in menopausal women. However, this drug can cause side effects such as low blood pressure, fatigue, nausea, and dizziness.
It is important to note that antidepressant medications should only be taken if prescribed by a specialist doctor. The ideal is to consume products that stimulate or increase sexual desire in women with minimal health effects.
The use of sex hormones, such as estrogens and progesterone, can increase their levels in cases where these have been reduced and, in addition, alleviate the frequent symptoms of menopause, such as vaginal atrophy, which is characterized by dryness and narrowing of the vagina. Despite this, estrogen alone cannot solve the alteration of hypoactive sexual desire.
Testosterone, the male sex hormone, is present in the female sex in low amounts and influences female sexuality. However, it has not yet been cleared for this purpose by the Food and Drug Administration. The use of this hormone in women can trigger:
- Excess body hair.
- Mood and personality disorders.
Drops to increase sexual desire in women
There are sexual stimulants for women that are acquired in liquid form and are ingested in the form of drops, which must be consumed mixed with other liquids or foods. These drops have a stimulating effect, and one of their functions is to raise dopamine levels in the nervous system.
These drops contain natural ingredients such as:
- Antioxidants, such as vitamin C and E
- Yohimbine is a plant of African origin whose function is to increase blood flow to the genitals, thus promoting nerve impulses in this area.
- Many ginseng, such as Korean or American, act as natural sexual stimulants.
These drops, according to their components, may be contraindicated in some cases:
- During pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
- People who have diabetes, high blood pressure, or liver disorders.
- People are allergic to some of the components of the drops.
In cases where a drug is being consumed, and its content is unknown, the doctor should be asked.
You can expand this information by consulting the article Drops to stimulate sexual desire in women.
Natural sexual stimulants for women
There is a group of natural sexual stimulants that, in addition to fulfilling their stimulant function, provide nutrients and benefits to women who consume them:
- L-arginine: known as a natural female sexual stimulant, it is an amino acid found in many foods such as cheese, meat, eggs, coconut milk, and nuts. It has the property of increasing sexual desire and reducing vaginal dryness to improve sexual arousal. This is due to increased blood flow to the genital area.
- Maca is known as a sexual invigorator; it enhances fertility in both sexes with natural aphrodisiac properties.
- Niacin is called nicotinic acid, vitamin B3, or vitamin PP. Niacin is involved in the synthesis of sex hormones.
- Tribulus Terrestris: it is an ancient plant used as a sexual enhancer; it can clean veins and arteries, in addition to increasing the levels of sex hormones in both sexes.
- Ginseng: it is an excellent aphrodisiac, as well as a sexual stimulant for both sexes that increases desire and promotes fertility.
- Chocolate: it is known as an excellent aphrodisiac, capable of stimulating endorphins and serotonin produced by the central nervous system.
The ideal is to increase the consumption of foods and natural products capable of stimulating sexual desire through their aphrodisiac properties without side effects and minimal health risks.
Do not hesitate to go to your trusted doctor; he will guide you on what you should take if you need a stimulant and which is the most indicated according to your lawsuit.
In this other FastlyHealarticle, you can see other aphrodisiac foods for women, don’t miss them!
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Sexual stimulants for women , we recommend that you enter our Sexuality category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.