The presence of white spots on the face is often a mystery to many since they do not know the causes of their appearance. These lesions are benign; they do not have medical repercussions in most cases. However, they must be evaluated by a specialist in dermatology.
These white spots are called milium cysts; they can be confused with acne pimples and appear more frequently in women. FastlyHealIn this article, we explain everything you need to know about p white daubs on the face: why go and how to remove them.
What are whiteheads on the face or millium cysts?
Millium cysts are epidermal cysts that measure from 1 to 3 mm , they are made of keratin. They look like little white balls that appear spontaneously on the face, specifically on the cheeks around the eyes, forehead and nose.
Why do white dots appear on the face?
The main cause that gives rise to the appearance of whiteheads on the face is the obstruction of the pores , or also called hair follicles, which can be caused by:
- Genetics: Many people inherit this skin disorder.
- Spontaneously: due to immaturity of the sebaceous follicle, this frequently occurs in newborn babies.
- People with oily skin and acid PH.
- Intake of some drugs, such as corticosteroids.
There are other causes that can lead to the appearance of these white balls on the face:
- Smoking: cigarettes have negative effects on the skin, which can cause the appearance of this alteration.
- Frequent exposure to the sun without protection: burns caused by the sun are considered a trigger for these injuries.
- Poor skin hygiene: allows the accumulation of particles and dead cells, causing the obstruction of the pores, as well as the appearance of whiteheads.
- Use of cosmetic products and poor quality makeup that contributes to the obstruction of the pores, giving rise to the appearance of whiteheads.
How to remove whiteheads on face
As you have already read in the article, these injuries do not cause damage, so they only affect the aesthetic part. Ideally, you go to dermatology specialists so that, after a physical examination, they make an accurate diagnosis of the lesions and indicate the removal of the lesions if necessary.
You should not try to squeeze the whiteheads yourself, as you can risk getting an infection and leaving rough scars on the skin. The doctor will be in charge of draining the pore with a needle . This procedure can be done anywhere the millium cysts are found, except the eyes.
There are other techniques used to treat whiteheads or millium cysts, this is the case of the electrocautery and the laser . With the application of this procedure, a scab will form that will disappear in a few days. This can be done in areas such as the eyelids.
There are other ways to remove whiteheads from the face naturally, then you will know each of them:
- Tea tree oil: among its properties are that of a natural, antibacterial and antifungal disinfectant, it is ideal for facial skin. It can be used at night: after washing your face, it is applied, then left to act overnight and then removed in the morning.
- Steam baths : steam baths help to eliminate whiteheads, making the skin soft and with open pores. The way to make them is to boil 1 liter of water, once it is boiled, it is separated from the fire and the face is brought closer to the pot so that the steam enters through the pores and they open. Do it for 5 or 10 minutes and you will see the results.
- Lemon juice with sugar: through this mixture, a natural exfoliant is obtained to eliminate dead cells that cause clogging of the pores. Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar with the juice of ½ lemon plus a small tablespoon of olive oil. It is applied to the face and left to act for 10 minutes, then proceed to wash the face with warm water. In the following article, you can see how to make other exfoliating face masks .
How to prevent whiteheads on the face
If you want to prevent the appearance of whiteheads on the face , you can follow these instructions:
- Perform a daily cleansing of your face in the morning and at night. With this, you will avoid the presence of makeup residue.
- Keep the skin hydrated: the intake of 2 liters of water a day helps to hydrate the skin.
- Perform a deep cleaning to remove impurities that accumulate on the surface of the skin, this can be done twice a week and consists of:
- Exfoliation: you will be able to remove dead skin cells. You must do it gently, without the procedure generating other types of injuries.
- Facial mask: it is a good complement to exfoliation to extract impurities and stretch the skin, thus improving circulation, as well as purifying the inner layers of the facial skin. Clay masks are ideal for extracting impurities due to their excellent properties.
Millenium cysts or white spots on the face must be diagnosed and treated by a dermatologist; in this way, the precise diagnosis will be obtained and the treatment according to the lesions present.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to White spots on the face: why do they appear and how to eliminate them , we recommend entering our skin, hair and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.