The skin of the face can look dull, aged, and lifeless due to several factors and an accumulation of dead cells, which will prevent the cell regeneration process of the dermis from being carried out correctly. For this reason, it is so important to include the aesthetic task of exfoliation in the deep cleansing of the skin, as it is the only way to eliminate all those old accumulated cells that can negatively affect the face and reduce its luminosity and beauty.
If you want your skin to remain free of impurities and without blemishes, then pay attention to this article by FastlyHealin. We discover how to make a homemade exfoliating mask for the face using natural and simple recipes. Do not miss it!
Why is it important to exfoliate the skin?
The most superficial layer of the skin comprises many cells, which are constantly shedding and renewing. However, when dead cells accumulate on the skin, its regeneration process is hampered, and, consequently, it can become drier, dull, and even irritated areas. These are symptoms that you need a deep exfoliation, which removes all those accumulated dead cells and gives the skin a more beautiful, radiant, and youthful appearance.
Here are more reasons why it is so important to exfoliate the skin of the face at least once a week:
- The skin is oxygenated and fully prepared to absorb well the active ingredients of the creams and facial treatments applied later.
- The result is immaculate, smooth, silky, and glowing skin.
- It favors the unclogging of the pores, so waste is eliminated, and the formation of new impurities is prevented.
- The blood microcirculation of the different parts of the face is reactivated, so it is also excellent for promoting the smoothness of the tissues and preventing sagging.
- It helps regulate the excess sebum produced by the sebaceous glands and prevents the formation of facial shine, thus being a good treatment for those with more oily skin.
As you can see, exfoliating the face regularly is all beneficial. Still, so that you can beautify your skin, even more, we recommend that instead of commercial lotions, you use some of the homemade facial scrubs that we show you below, as they are made with products natural that take care of the skin from the inside and eliminate impurities without damaging the tissues.
Homemade exfoliating facial mask for oily skin
Sugar, lemon, and honey exfoliating mask
Those who have combination or oily skin can improve the appearance of their face considerably by using an exfoliating mask, the one that combines the properties of honey and lemon. Both are ingredients that help reduce excess oil on the skin, fight impurities, and act against acne or the appearance of pimples.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of sugar with one tablespoon of honey.
- When they are well integrated, add the freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon.
- Apply the resulting homemade facial scrub on the face, massaging in a circular motion.
- Please leave it to act for about 10 or 15 minutes and remove it with plenty of cold water.
Oatmeal and lemon exfoliating mask
Oatmeal is a cereal that serves as a natural exfoliator and absorbs excess sebum on the skin, offering it a deep cleaning and preventing the appearance of impurities. Lemon is a great natural astringent that controls the appearance of facial shine and brings freshness and youth to the skin, thanks to its vitamin C content. To make this homemade exfoliating mask for the face, you have to follow these steps:
- With the blender or mixer, process one tablespoon of rolled oats and one tablespoon of sugar, ensuring that the resulting powder is not extremely fine.
- Add the juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon to the previous mixture.
- On a clean face, apply the mixture and massage gently in a circular motion.
- Let it work for 15-20 minutes for the best results.
- Finally, wash your face with cold water.
Sugar and kiwi scrub mask
Finally, we suggest a homemade kiwi-based facial scrub for oily skin. This popular fruit is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which, in addition to cleansing the skin and removing sebum, will prevent the appearance of impurities and give the face an extra glow.
- Peel one kiwi and crush it.
- When you have crushed the kiwi, mix it with one tablespoon of sugar.
- Exfoliate the skin of the face with the mixture, massaging in a circular motion.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and remove with plenty of cold water.
Discover more natural treatments for this skin type by consulting the article Home remedies for oily skin.
Homemade exfoliating facial mask for dry skin
Oatmeal and milk scrub
Oatmeal is a cereal that has been included in the composition of many soaps indicated for skincare, and is that it provides excellent cleansing and nutrition. And if you add a little milk to this ingredient, you get one of the best facial scrubs that will allow you to show off a much smoother, more moisturized, and radiant complexion.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ground oatmeal with two tablespoons of cold milk. We advise you, if possible, to use some plant milk, such as coconut milk or almond milk, as these have many more beneficial properties for the skin.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Keep stirring all the ingredients until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the exfoliating mask to cleansed facial skin in circular motions and leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
Sugar and olive oil scrub
Two ingredients so common in our kitchens, such as sugar and olive oil, can help you make one of the best homemade facial scrubs for dry skin. The reason is that the fine grain of sugar is perfect for removing dead cells from the face in a gentle way and olive oil is a great natural moisturizer rich in essential fatty acids that allow to repair of the skin from the inner layers and prevent dryness that can also give your skin a rough, aged look.
- In a bowl, mix 4 tablespoons of white sugar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stir well to create a consistent paste.
- If, in addition, you want the exfoliating lotion to have a pleasant aroma, you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Exfoliate the face with the mixture massaging with circular and upward movements.
Sugar and coconut oil scrub
You can also make an exfoliating face mask out of sugar and coconut oil, as this oil has excellent moisturizing and repairing properties. It has lauric acid and vitamins E and K, which is ideal for moisturizing the skin from the inner layers, promoting cell regeneration, and giving it extra softness.
- Put 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil in a container and heat it a little in the microwave to make it liquid.
- Mix the liquid coconut oil with four tablespoons of sugar.
- Use the paste obtained to exfoliate the face.
- Let the mask work for 5-10 minutes so that the complexion is completely hydrated.
Homemade exfoliating facial mask for sensitive skin
Rice facial scrub for a porcelain complexion
Asian women are characterized by having skin that looks like porcelain, without a trace of impurities and with spectacular smoothness. Your secret? The use of rice powder as an exfoliator is that this widely consumed cereal offers extreme cleansing, leaves the face free of dead cells and toxins and evens out the tone, thus resulting in smooth skin without visible blemishes or imperfections.
- First, blend 1/2 glass of rice to turn the grains into a fine powder, then strain it.
- In a bowl, mix the rice powder obtained with two tablespoons of mineral water and 5 drops of coconut oil.
- Stir well until the ingredients are integrated, and that’s it!
Homemade Green Tea Face Scrub
The latest homemade scrub for the fact that we propose has as its main ingredient one of the most potent natural rejuvenators: green tea. This famous infusion is full of antioxidants, which help rejuvenate the cells that make up the skin, so in addition to removing dead cells, it prevents wrinkles and signs of aging. And not only this, but it is also great to prevent the formation of pimples and redness and keep the skin well hydrated.
- Empty two green tea bags into a container
- Add 1 teaspoon of powdered green tea and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Stir all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
In the case of sensitive skin, exfoliation can be reduced to once every 15 days.
How to apply facial scrubs?
- Exfoliate the face after cleaning the skin well with soap and water, and always do it on slightly damp skin to not irritate.
- Apply the homemade scrub to your face, massaging gently in a circular motion for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the scrub from your face with plenty of warm or cold water.
- Do not apply the scrub to sensitive parts of the face, such as the eye area.
- In the end, apply a facial moisturizer to soothe and nourish the skin.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make a homemade exfoliating mask for the face, we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.