Do you want to remove pimples from your face once and for all and prevent them from appearing? Many times, the appearance of this type of impurities is related to poor hygiene habits, the use of inappropriate products, a poor diet, stress or hormonal imbalances. Therefore, it is very important to pay attention to lifestyle habits and facial hygiene routine and to make the appropriate changes to keep facial skin in perfect condition and always beautiful. In the case of suffering from moderate or severe acne, it is also necessary to go to the dermatologist and start the treatment that he recommends. In the following FastlyHealarticle we are going to show you what are the causes of pimples on the face and what home remedies you can use to get rid of them quickly and return to a smooth and radiant complexion.
Causes of pimples on the face
The pimples appear as a consequence of an accumulation of toxins in the body, which can eliminate them through sweat or through fat deposits, which can be in the form of pimples, blackheads or other types of impurities. They occur in the skin when its pores become clogged due to an excessive accumulation of sebum, which is a natural fat produced by the sebaceous glands in order to naturally lubricate the skin.
Next, we detail what factors are those that can cause this excessive production of sebum and what are the most common causes of pimples on the face:
- Hormonal alterations: there are stages in which a greater hormonal activity occurs, such as puberty, during the menstrual cycle or in menopause, and this causes a stimulation of the sebaceous glands, thus leading to a blockage of the pores and the granite formation. For this reason, acne is a very common condition among tweens and teens.
- Bad eating habits: Diets that are high in fat and sugar can cause an increase in sebum production and lead to the formation of impurities such as pimples and blackheads.
- Stress and anxiety: episodes of stress and anxiety also influence the activity of the sebaceous glands and can lead to more oil on the skin.
- Contact dermatitis: there are products or tissues that are irritating to the skin when they come into contact with it and pimples may appear in the area.
- Inadequate hygiene: the use of unsuitable hygiene products for the skin, the application of poor-quality cosmetics or a poor facial cleansing are also factors that can cause the appearance of pimples on the face.
- Genetic factors: there are people whose genetics are more likely to develop pimples and suffer from acne.
Proper facial cleansing
A good facial cleansing is essential for all skin types, but especially for those that are oily, have acne or develop pimples and impurities frequently.
To begin with, it is important that you wash your face daily and that you do it at least 2 times a day , once in the morning and once at night. As for the products indicated, we recommend that you use the lotions recommended by a dermatologist if your acne is quite pronounced or by a specific facial gel for oily skin or with acne that is soft, water-based and oil-free. Do not forget to remove makeup from your face before going to sleep with a good makeup remover.
You should always use warm water to wash your face and in no case hot water, as this can accentuate the problem of oil on the skin. Always apply the cleaning product giving circular massages and remove it with plenty of water. Then, dry the skin by dabbing with the towel and, finally, we recommend applying an astringent tonic that refreshes the skin, mattifies and fights the appearance of pimples, pimples, blackheads, etc.
Home remedies for pimples on the face
In addition to a correct facial cleansing, there are some natural products that allow to unclog pores and reduce excess sebum, so they are good allies to remove pimples from the face quickly and effectively.
Next, we show you a list of the best home remedies for pimples on the face:
It has astringent properties that reduce excess oil on the skin and reduce the inflammation of pimples, while regenerating the skin and helping to eliminate acne marks and scars .
Apply some aloe vera pulp to the pimpled area and let it dry on its own. Another option is to prepare an anti-acne mask by mixing 2 tablespoons of aloe gel with the juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon and leaving it to act for about 20 or 30 minutes.
It is antibacterial and purifying and one of the most effective remedies for pimples on the face. Unclogs all pores and prevents the formation of new impurities.
In a glass, wooden or clay container (never metal), pour 2 tablespoons of powdered green clay and 3 tablespoons of mineral water. Apply the resulting paste on the face and when the clay dries, remove it with plenty of warm or cold water.
Thanks to its antibacterial properties, green tea is perfect for controlling hormonal activity and slowing down the hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands, thus preventing so many pimples from appearing on the face.
You just have to prepare an infusion of green tea and apply on the face when it cools down with the help of a cotton pad.
Papaya is considered one of the best anti-acne fruits because it reduces the inflammation of pimples, prevents acne breakouts and keeps the skin perfectly exfoliated and nourished.
Process in the blender 2 slices of papaya, 1 tablespoon of rolled oats and add a little mineral water. Apply the acne mask to clean face and let it sit for 15 minutes.
Oatmeal and honey mask
Both oats and honey are excellent for treating acne and removing pimples from the face due to their antibacterial, regenerative and hydrating properties. Whatever your skin type, you will get a renewed complexion, without impurities and much more beautiful.
In the blender, process 1 tablespoon of rolled oats, 2 small tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of mineral water. Spread the mask on the skin of the face and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
Discover other treatments to remove pimples from the face in the article Home remedies for pimples .
Tips to avoid pimples on the face
Apart from knowing which treatment is the most appropriate to remove pimples from the face, it is also essential that you take into account the following recommendations to prevent these types of impurities from appearing regularly on your face, take note:
- Make sure all the makeup and cosmetic products you use are oil-free and tailored to the needs of your skin type.
- Avoid constantly touching your face with your hands.
- Do not squeeze or pop the pimples that you have on your face.
- Exfoliate your facial skin at least once a week. In the following article we will discover good homemade scrubs for the face .
- After exercising, take a quick shower to prevent sweat from collecting on your face and clogging your pores.
- Drink plenty of water during the day to promote oxygenation and healthy skin.
- Change your bedding and pillowcases frequently to prevent your face from coming into direct contact with germs and bacteria.
- Take care of your diet and avoid being rich in very fatty products or with a lot of sugar.
In the event that you have quite pronounced acne or pimples on your face are a constant problem, it is best to visit your dermatologist.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimples on the face: causes and home remedies , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.