The skin is an organ of our body that is part of our letter of introduction to social life. We can express different emotions through it, such as shame, fear, discomfort, etc., since it is very reactive to various stimuli. It is easier to notice the variations in some people, such as people with white skin and delicate texture. Most of the events that produce altered skin color do not constitute an alarm signal, but they can still cause concern due to a lack of knowledge of the cause. A widespread color change is to the color red, which can lead to the question of why do I always have a red face? Which we will try to respond to with this article in FastlyHeal.
Reddened face: causes
The red face can always appear as a consequence of several triggers; these can be:
- Facial redness: this is very common; it frequently occurs in people with white and delicate skin, and the redness seems like a response to the blood flow. There is also facial redness from continuous exposure to sunlight.
- Temperature or climate: hot baths or icy places always cause the face to be red.
- Food: some foods trigger a reaction in the skin and make it look red; these foods can be: spicy foods, spicy foods, dairy foods, citrus fruits, vinegar, soy sauce, etc. Also, some alcoholic or hot drinks trigger this.
- Exercise: produces an increase in temperature and, therefore, a red face. However, this is necessary for general health.
- Conditions such as menopause, cough, or increased blood pressure are factors that produce a red face.
- Rosacea: it is an inflammatory and chronic disease that affects the skin. Its clinical characteristics are the tendency always to blush, burning sensation on the face, itching, redness of the skin, dry skin, acne on the front, thickening of the skin of the cheeks, nose, forehead, or chin, and the eyes are visible watery, irritated and inflamed eyelids. These signs correspond to the phases or stages of this skin disorder.
- In more advanced cases, it can be caused by cutaneous lupus or a tumor, such as a carcinoid syndrome or pheochromocytoma.
- Another possible condition is seborrheic dermatitis: it is a widespread skin and inflammatory condition characterized by the formation of yellowish-white scales on the skin and causes redness.
- Psoriasis: it is a disease of skin alteration, which is triggered mainly by stress, causes itching, and the face may be red.
Red face: treatment
To end the signs of a red face, a series of ideal treatments for the condition are indicated; these can be:
- First, it should start with the prevention of the factors that trigger it, for example, if it is due to some food, avoid eating it or avoid scorching drinking drinks, hot baths, a lot of exposure to the sun, or temperature changes.
- It is recommended to use sunscreen when going out.
- The use of moisturizing creams is also advised because, in addition to fulfilling this effect on dry skin, it causes the blood vessels to contract and reduces the impact of the red face always, thus eliminating the red veins on the front.
- In case of advanced rosacea, you should attend a specialist doctor who will be a dermatologist. In such conditions, he will be responsible for applying a treatment based on electrocoagulation and vascular laser (visibly improving rosacea in a few weeks); he may also consider indicating some drugs for the condition, which you should take for a while.
- It is recommended to remove makeup gently and with creams. And in case of smoking, stop doing it.
Can the red face affect my life?
It is a problem that can affect the aesthetics of the person. However, it also turns out to be very common; this problem does not affect your life because it does not involve the effort or performance to perform your daily routines; you must follow the advice mentioned above in case of always having a red face or to prevent it. And if the situation is advanced, it is simply advisable to attend the specialist doctor (dermatologist) to take the necessary measures and give the appropriate indications for the problem. These recommendations will be helpful to you.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why do I always have a red face, we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.