Eyelashes are one of the great symbols of beauty, especially in women, representing sensuality and femininity, capable of endowing a look with strength and beauty. However, although they are an important aesthetic attribute, they mainly fulfill an anatomical function, taking care of protecting our eyes from any foreign agent that may enter and damage them.
That is why the fall of the eyelashes should always be treated in time, not only because of the aesthetic discomfort that it entails, but also because of the ocular health problems that it can entail.
Then, in the following FastlyHealarticle, we will explain everything about eyelash loss : causes and treatment .
Table of Contents
Causes of eyelash loss
There are different causes that can cause eyelash loss, it may even be that what causes your eyelashes to fall is more than one. So, the first thing you should do to solve the problem is to know which of them causes the loss of eyelashes to be able to solve it:
Misuse of makeup
Putting on makeup every day is one of the main reasons why your eyelashes can fall out, a very widespread habit among women and that can be harmful. When putting on makeup you must use cosmetics correctly.
Putting on poor quality mascara , using the eyelash curler too much or putting on too many waterproof masks helps to weaken the lashes, eventually breaking them and causing them to fall.
Something that is essential to prevent your eyelashes from falling out is to remove your makeup thoroughly before going to bed, without leaving any trace. For this we advise you to use a good make-up remover, suitable for your skin, and not rub your eyelashes with circular movements that can further damage the hair follicles.
Allergy to makeup
Not all skins are the same, so not all skins work the same makeup. It is likely that some component of the mascara you use causes an allergy and is damaging your lashes, which is why they are falling out.
If you suspect that it may be due to an allergic problem, it is necessary that you stop using that makeup for a while and check if you are progressing favorably. In some cases, it may be necessary to see a doctor to evaluate if it is an allergy that is causing your eyelashes to fall.
The emotional imbalances and stress are one of the main causes of hair loss, among which also include the loss of eyelashes. There is no aesthetic treatment that will help you in this case, you simply have to improve your mood and learn to relax. To overcome stress and anxiety we recommend exercising daily and practicing yoga and, above all, finding the cause that causes stress and trying to fix it.
If, in addition to your eyelashes , your hair is falling out due to stress, we recommend you visit the following FastlyHealarticle to know what you should do.
Lack of vitamins
Lack of certain vitamins and nutrients can be a key factor in causing lash loss . Eating foods with vitamins A, B and E, as well as some foods rich in Omega 3 , can promote good health in your hair and eyelashes, promoting their growth and good health.
Hormones are responsible for regulating most of the functions of our body, but that same thing, when there is a hormonal imbalance, eyelashes can fall more frequently than usual.
Menstruation, menopause, pregnancy or adolescence are stages in which there are many hormonal changes that can cause the loss of eyelashes.
Treatment for falling eyelashes
Although the fall of the eyelashes can be surprising and scary, you should not be alarmed, if you eliminate the cause that is causing it and follow our advice, in a few weeks they will begin to grow and you will be able to wear them as before the fall. Here we explain what the treatment for eyelash loss consists of :
- The most essential thing is to remove the mascara completely every time you go to sleep. The best way to do this is to apply the make-up remover on the eyelashes and let it act for a few seconds, then remove it by moving the cotton in the same direction as the eyelashes, never in the opposite direction or making circles.
- The capsules of vitamin E can be a great way to give your body the elements necessary to strengthen and grow your eyelashes. Its application is very simple, with a drop on each eyelid and spread it with a piece of cotton, the eyelash will be soaked in vitamin E.
- The castor oil is one of the best natural remedies to treat loss of eyelashes. Its application is the same as the vitamin E capsules, just apply a drop on the eyelid and spread it over the eyelashes. The best option is to do it at night, so that during sleeping hours the oil can act.
- The almond oil is another essential oil such as castor oil , which can give strength and stimulate the growth of your eyelashes. The application is the same and equally recommended at night.
- Applying some petroleum jelly to your lashes after removing the mascara is also a good way to keep them healing and prevent damage.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Eyelash loss: causes and treatment , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.