Standing or sitting for many hours, the daily rhythm, and lack of rest can cause the appearance of tired legs syndrome. Do you want to know what it is about? Next, at FastlyHeal, we explain what tired legs syndrome is, its symptoms, and the best treatment to combat it.
Table of Contents
What are tired legs syndrome and its symptoms?
Day-to-day demands, spending many hours standing, or lack of mobility can influence our state of health. In this sense, tired legs syndrome is a condition that, although it is not a serious disease, can be annoying and even limit our daily activity, so it requires treatment.
Tired legs syndrome appears as a result of poor circulation in the legs, that is, due to chronic venous insufficiency, a condition caused by the malfunction of the vein valves and that usually affects between 20 and 30 % of the adult population, especially women. Poor circulation causes swelling of the legs and a feeling of heaviness, known as tired leg syndrome.
To recognize this syndrome, we list the most frequent symptoms of tired legs :
- Heaviness in the legs: a sensation that is usually annoying and continuous.
- Swelling or edema caused by fluid build-up.
- It was tingling produced by a lack of blood supply.
- Pain and muscle cramps in the legs.
- Itching is derived from the sensation of numbness or tingling.
- The appearance of spider veins or varicose veins.
- Nocturnal paresthesias. That is, numbness accompanied by stinging sensations, numbness, tingling, itching, and burning.
Causes of tired legs syndrome
What are the causes of tired legs? Certain factors are difficult to control, and that leads to the appearance of this syndrome:
- High temperatures: heat contributes to the dilation of the veins and worsens circulation.
- Sedentary life: lack of activity can reduce the stimulation of blood flow.
- Age: the more years, the greater the probability of suffering from the syndrome, especially in people over 50.
- Bad nutrition.
- Hormonal changes, especially during menstruation or pregnancy.
- Foot morphology: flat feet aggravate the pathology.
Treatment of tired legs syndrome
Reducing swelling and improving circulation is the primary goal of treatment for tired legs. Although your doctor, after your diagnosis, may recommend certain medications or guidelines to combat tired legs syndrome, changing your lifestyle can alleviate symptoms when they occur. Among the most effective natural remedies we highlight:
- Natural supplements for the treatment of tired legs such as Venovid de Máyla, a combination of natural plant extracts, will help strengthen the venous walls, reduce leg swelling, and contribute to better circulation in the legs.
- Application of cold or warm compresses.
- Warm relaxing baths.
- Massages to relax the muscles of the legs.
- Avoid caffeine and products that contain it (soft drinks, coffee, tea, chocolate …).
- Practice a moderate and regular exercise.
- Foot wrap or pressure therapy.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any kind of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to What is tired legs syndrome and how to treat it, we recommend that you enter our category of Blood, heart, and circulation.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.