Sweating is one of the most important tools that the body has to detoxify, it is usually more important in those areas where there is hair, such as the armpits and groin. However, at times, this can be really uncomfortable and become a severe problem for the sufferer.
Do you suffer from excessive sweating in the groin? Are you interested in knowing what are the possible causes of sweat in the groin and how to avoid it ? So, we suggest you continue reading this FastlyHealarticle.
Table of Contents
Causes of sweat in the groin
Sweat is normal, the skin is one of the parts of the body responsible for cleaning the body of toxins, as are the liver and kidneys, they are called “purifying organs”. If they did not do it or were saturated, everything that is not needed would accumulate, generating imbalance.
There is a current problem and it is that the exposure and intake of substances that the body needs to eliminate is very high, that is, more toxins are received than the body is capable of cleaning, such as:
- Processed foods.
- Vegetable oils and butters.
- Dairy products.
- Environmental pollutants.
If to this is added that the foods that help to clean up are usually scarce in the diet, such as: raw fruits and vegetables, olive oil, honey, fiber, fermented, seeds, nuts; In addition to the lack of exercise and adequate rest, and stress, the result is an unbalanced and saturated body, more prone to suffering from different diseases. Increased perspiration has been associated with different diseases, it is what is known as secondary hyperhidrosis . This is usually present, for example, in cases of:
- Hypo or hyperthyroidism.
- Heart and vascular problems.
- Nervous system problems.
In these cases, excessive sweating is an attempt at detoxification but, if not accompanied by help with changes in habits, it will be a daunting task.
When this increase in sweating is not associated with another pathology, it is referred to as primary hyperhidrosis . It has not been possible to link this increase in sweat to something in particular: neither more sweat glands, nor local alterations where there is more perspiration, nor a hereditary component (which is suggested because there may be relatives with the same problem), but if you pay attention To what has been exposed before, surely you can link this excess sweating with your habits.
Other cases in which there is more sweat in the groin is during menopausal hot flashes , since the body is being subjected to a hormonal readjustment with which sweating is increased.
Those areas where there is a greater accumulation of apocrine glands (and more hair) will be the ones that perspire the most: armpits and groin. There may also be significant perspiration on the hands and feet.
Local treatments to eliminate sweat in the groin
If you do not have other diseases and you only suffer from excessive sweating in the groin, you can really be grateful to your body, since no matter how important the discomfort is, two things are happening in your body:
- On the one hand, it retains its ability to clean toxins, which is essential to avoid other types of diseases.
- It is warning you in time that you have to change your habits.
There are many local treatments, which can only temporarily and partially solve your problem. If you only go to the symptom, to avoid sweating, you will not be taking care of what you really need. Among the treatments to combat sweat in the groin you can find:
- Antiperspirants : They are not the best products, since covering the places that the body needs open to eliminate secretions will only hinder your cleaning work.
- Deodorants : more of the same, if you cover the smell of your perspiration, it will not diminish.
- Aluminum chloride : it is an even more powerful antiperspirant, which is sold under prescription and can be quite irritating, it must be applied with certain care. Just allow the secretion to decrease.
- Glycopyrrolate creams : should be indicated by a professional.
- Blocking of the nerves that reach the glands with botulinum toxin (botox) , with which if they do not stimulate them, they do not perspire. It is a more radical way to prevent your body from working eliminating toxins.
Again, if you just try to keep your body from perspiring, the toxic saturation will build up, causing other problems in the future.
How to avoid sweat in the groin
If you really want to solve this problem of excessive sweating, it is time to take responsibility for changing your habits . This will not only reduce perspiration, but you will also have more energy and feel healthier, preventing other more complicated diseases from appearing.
Among the most important things you should rethink are:
- Your movement : physical activity every day, even if it is only half an hour, notably improves body function: activates circulation, promotes good intestinal function (key !, since constipation goes hand in hand with excessive perspiration and odor ), makes your body secrete substances that will make you feel good (endorphins) and promotes the work of cleansing the liver and kidney.
- Your diet : it is not enough to avoid toxins, you must encourage those that have accumulated to be eliminated. The more natural your diet, the more nutrients and minerals you incorporate, the faster you can clean accumulated toxins. Among the foods that will help you in this purification task are: lemon and citrus fruits in general, carrots, spinach, tomato, garlic, apples, olive oil, honey, herbs such as boldo and nettle.
- Take steam baths : they help the skin to cleanse itself effectively.
- Mustard baths : mustard is excellent for improving the smell of perspiration, since it helps in cleaning and reduces over-aggregated bacteria. In hot water, 100 grams of mustard seeds should be placed in a small cloth bag and with that water irrigate the groin area.
- Clean liver and kidneys : there are many methods to do it, some gentler based on the daily intake of infusions (boldo, carqueja, pennyroyal, horsetail, nettle), others include taking olive oil on an empty stomach and the consumption of de apples
With these measures, the improvement in perspiration may not be noticed at first, but this is because we are helping to make the body cleansing task more effective. Once the body has been cleansed, both perspiration and body odor will decrease.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Sweat in English: causes and how to avoid it , we recommend that you enter our category of Skin, hair and nails .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.