You have probably noticed the presence of one or more red moles on the skin; they are usually small, have relief, and have an intense reddish tone. Before their appearance, the first thing we ask ourselves is if they are harmful or if they indicate that something is not going well with our dermis, fortunately in most cases, they do not represent a danger, but their presence indicates that we must improve our diet and take care of our liver. At FastlyHealwe explain in detail the causes of red moles and how to avoid their appearance.
Are red moles on the skin dangerous?
Medically known as ruby nevi or angiomas, red moles appear when melanocytes or nevi, a type of pigmented cell, accumulate in a particular area. They are usually small and with a regular shape, occurring mainly in areas such as the chest, back, legs, neck, or armpits.
In some people, red moles appear from birth or as a hereditary sign; however, in other cases, they appear suddenly, which usually generates some alarm. As a general rule, there is no reason to worry as these brands are not typically dangerous. However, they can indicate certain aspects related primarily to our diet and habits that we must improve.
In some specific cases, certain red moles require medical attention; in the following steps, we explain when it is convenient to visit a dermatologist in the face of these signs.
Causes of the appearance of red moles
In some cases, red moles can be hereditary and appear from a very young age. However, most of these signs occur with age and due to specific reasons related to our daily habits.
The causes of red moles on the skin are:
- We eat a poor diet in which excess fat and processed foods are consumed, which causes poor intestinal function or difficulties in the liver to process fats. Red moles signify that our body is accumulating more toxins than it should.
- Due to excess toxins, these marks can also be a sign of liver disorders.
- Hormonal changes can also cause these moles to appear, so they are common in periods such as pregnancy.
- When they appear on the face, hands, or highly exposed areas may indicate excessive sun exposure. Using adequate protection is essential to avoid increasing their presence and prevent the appearance of severe health problems in the dermis due to excess UVA / UV rays.
- They can also be the product of dehydrated skin.
Keys to prevent red moles from appearing on the skin
In cases where red moles on the skin are hereditary, it is impossible to prevent their appearance. However, we must be vigilant and give our dermis the necessary sun protection and hydration to keep it healthy.
When red moles appear due to any of the other causes mentioned above, making some changes in our habits will help us avoid the emergence of new marks and keep our skin and body healthy; that is why at FastlyHealwe recommend:
- Hydrate yourself properly by ingesting at least 2 liters of water a day, do not forget that this is essential for healthy skin. It is also convenient to use a moisturizing lotion and continually apply it after bathing, which will significantly improve the appearance of your skin.
- Using sunscreen is essential, especially when you have fair skin, as this type of dermis is more prone to the appearance of red moles. Please choose an appropriate protection factor for your skin type and guarantee its health.
- The excess fat in the diet can cause liver problems and difficulty digesting food, which ultimately affects the intestine. This table encourages the appearance of red moles, so eating a healthy diet rich in lean meats, fish, vegetables, and fruits and avoiding saturated fats, fried foods, junk food, and sweets will help you feel healthier and avoid the appearance of these brands.
- In addition to eating healthy, you can help your liver and intestines to improve their functioning. It is recommended to drink a glass of warm water on an empty stomach with freshly squeezed lemon juice, without sugar or any other sweetener. This promotes liver function, helps eliminate fat, and cleans the intestine. It is not recommended if you suffer from ulcers or tooth sensitivity.
When should we go to the dermatologist for a red mole on the skin?
Usually, these signs are not dangerous, so no treatment is applied to them; if the mole is in an area where it causes you discomfort, you should consult a dermatologist about the possibility of removing it.
When sure signs are detected in red moles, it is time to see a doctor, so you should go to a dermatologist as soon as possible if:
- A lot of red moles appear on your skin all of a sudden.
- If the mole has an irregular shape or is asymmetric.
- If it has changed color and red, it has started to turn dark.
- When the mole itches, hurts, or burns.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Red moles on the skin: causes and solutions , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.