Many people suffer from pimples on the body. Although it is an ailment that we associate with adolescence and young people, it is not like that since many people continue to have pimples throughout their lives.
The pimples are uncomfortable not only because of their unsightly appearance but also because they can cause itching or stinging minor wounds and even become infected and cause pain. We tend to think that the most common pimples are those on the face, but there are many other body parts where they appear, such as the back or neck. In this FastlyHealarticle, we will know why pimples appear on the neck.
Table of Contents
What are grains?
Pimples are small bumps that appear on our skin caused by inflammation of some regions. They are the primary manifestation of acne, a skin disease that affects many people, especially adolescents. Usually, this inflammation is produced by a minor infection of the specific place, either by poor hydration, external pollutants, or an accumulation of dead cells that have not jumped.
Inside the pimples, there is pus, a substance that our body generates to protect us from infections. Its white or yellowish appearance is not very aesthetic in the eyes of others and is perhaps the most annoying of the pimples. The evolution of a spot begins with the arrival of a reddish area; later, it swells and fills with pus until it breaks the skin and can come out, and then, the healing process begins, in which a small wound appears. Its scab will come off when the skin has regenerated.
Why do pimples appear on the neck – causes?
The reasons and causes for these pimples on the neck can be diverse and varied. Next, we are going to know the most common:
- Lack of hygiene: it is an area that must be taken into account in personal hygiene since, due to its position, it usually involves the placement of the sebum produced by our hair and our face in it. Therefore, it is essential that when we wash, we apply soap and water in this area to remove this sebum that can cause an infectious reaction on the skin and the appearance of pimples.
- Skin irritation: when the skin is irritated for various reasons, an accumulation of dead cells can appear and settle on it, preventing the cells from being eliminated and from regenerating, which causes the appearance of pus grains to eliminate such cells—a permanent form of our body.
- Hormonal imbalance: the production of high doses of testosterone can cause excess oil cells, which causes an inability of the skin to absorb them, and they become pimples or pimples in the neck and jaw area, which is where they pose these cells.
- Allergy: when suffering an allergic reaction to any product or food, the neck area is usually affected by the appearance of pimples that, typically, do not have pus inside since they are generally superficial redness and bumps.
- Weak immune system: when our system is weak and with difficulty reacting to external aggressions, we can suffer the appearance of pimples on the neck as a reaction to these attacks.
- Problems with the endocrine glands: what would cause a hormonal imbalance and the consequences already mentioned.
- Malfunction of the liver: the liver is responsible for cleaning our interior and blood. If this does not work correctly, the accumulation of external agents, fats, oils, and substances that are not good for the body, such as chemicals, could affect the health of our skin because their accumulation tries to be eliminated by our pores and it can create pimples when infected.
- Poor diet: an abuse of sugary, precooked, or addictive substances could cause acne in the neck area due to a difficulty in absorbing such substances and processing them in our body. They are eliminated through the skin’s pores and can create this ailment.
- Shaving: after shaving, the hair may not have enough strength to come out of the follicle and break the skin, which settles on the inside of the skin and can cause the appearance of pimples. We must be vigilant in these cases because the existence of the hair inside could cause an infection and a possible cyst if it is not detected.
- Exhaustion: when we suffer times of stress or fatigue due to lack of rest, our body may react through slower blood circulation, and the essential functions of our body are affected, including digestive and excretory functions, which can cause an accumulation of cells or harmful elements for our body, which can affect the health of our skin, especially in the neck and back area.
Ways to cure and prevent the appearance of pimples on the neck
Now that we know why pimples appear on the neck, let’s see what we can do to prevent and quickly eliminate these bumps:
- Detect the cause of the pimples on the neck and try to work to improve this reason. If we believe that they have come out due to exhaustion, we will have to sleep, if we assume that it is due to skin irritation, we will have to apply oils or creams, and if it may be a hormonal imbalance, we should consult with our doctor.
- Homemade and natural remedies: apply chamomile infusions, wash with neutral soap daily, apply jojoba or sweet almond oil, make exfoliating or regenerating masks with coffee grounds and lavender essential oil, and steam baths with eucalyptus. In the following article, we show good home remedies for pimples.
- Change your diet: include more fruits and vegetables in your diet, drink two liters of water a day and eliminate processed foods and carbonated drinks.
- Doing daily exercise: the elimination of body toxins when we exercise is much higher, which allows us to eliminate part of the elements that, if not extracted, can cause pimples.
- Maintain a hygiene routine: clean the affected areas daily, and apply creams or oils.
- Consult a doctor and carry out the appropriate pharmacological treatment. If you think that the reasons for the appearance of your pimples may be due to abnormal functioning of any of your organs or glands, or if you apply the changes that we have discussed above and they do not stop appearing, we recommend that you visit your doctor so that you can know your case and what is the best treatment to perform.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Why do pimples appear on the neck , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.