Improve skin, hair, joints, and maybe even treat cancer? Many are the benefits attributed to hyaluronic acid. This has been widely used in recent years. Better known are its aesthetic effects (such as facial fillers) or the treatment of joint or eye problems. But the pills, do they have so many virtues?
Do you want to know what hyaluronic acid in pills is for, the benefits that so many talks about, and if they can have an adverse reaction? So, keep reading the following article from FastlyHeal.
Table of Contents
What is hyaluronic acid in pills for?
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is generally found in many tissues of the human body, such as cartilage, skin, heart, and brain, among others. This is known as endogenous hyaluronic acid, and its function is to attract water to these tissues.
Over the years and bad habits, this acid can decrease in quantity, leaving those tissues that normally hydrate drier.
The exogenous hyaluronic acid (outside the human body) is obtained from microbial fermentation and has the same structure as that present in the tissues. It has numerous applications in its injectable form (such as aesthetics and joint problems); it is also used in gels and creams to treat eye diseases and the mucosa of the mouth.
Lately, hyaluronic acid pills are being promoted, added to vitamin supplements, or as the sole ingredient in capsules that promise longevity.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid in pills
It has been shown in some scientific studies that hyaluronic acid taken in pills can bring the following benefits:
- Preventive treatment of the alterations of the own intestinal flora. This is an excellent discovery since it is known that many health problems are favored by the growth of bacteria and fungi that should not be in the human intestine. Hyaluronic acid helps the beneficial bacteria present, improving the defensive barrier that the human body has at that level.
- Improvement of respiratory problems. This is due to the improvement in the intestinal tract.
- Prevention of aging and dry skin caused by excessive sun exposure.
- Improvement of joint problems (mainly, it has been studied in patients with knee problems): relieving pain, reducing effusion or inflammation, and increasing muscle strength in the damaged area. This is in combination with performing muscle exercises.
- It has been linked to the control of cancer metastasis.
How to take hyaluronic acid in pills
Hyaluronic acid must be ingested daily. According to different studies, the dose varies between 40 to 300 mg.
When choosing a hyaluronic acid supplement, you must make sure that it has microscopic particles that allow it to reach the body area that you want to improve. If the tablets contain hyaluronic acid in a considerable size, it will only be removed by going to the bathroom.
It is essential to know that any supplement will never outperform a healthy diet. If your diet includes raw fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds, you will see the benefits of hyaluronic acid on your skin, joints, and body. Likewise, if you consume processed products, refined sugar, flour, preserves, dairy, and meat, no supplementation will be able to correct the damage that you are causing yourself. Therefore, look for healthy lifestyle habits and, then, yes, hyaluronic acid capsules can help you.
Side effects of hyaluronic acid in pills
It is a reasonably well-tolerated medication, but there are still no studies that allow us to know about long-term side effects in humans (for several years) because it is relatively new.
The following reactions have been seen :
- Skin allergy: itching and rash.
- Hypersensitivity In people who have an allergy to hyaluronic acid or any of the components of the pills, it can cause severe allergic reactions.
- Elevation of eye pressure, especially in patients who already have glaucoma.
It is recommended to avoid its use in the following cases:
- Liver failure.
Before taking new supplements, you must consult your doctor, especially if you suffer from a chronic disease or take other medications.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Hyaluronic Acid in pills: what it is for, benefits, how to take it, and side effects, we recommend entering our Wellbeing category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.