One of the causes of hair loss is stress. Leading a life with anxiety and nerves can cause the vitamins and nutrients that our hair needs to be strong and healthy not to arrive correctly and, therefore, it becomes weak and ends up falling out. If this is your case, you must begin to end this situation and apply forms of relaxation to your day-to-day by moving away, as much as possible, from the problems that stress your body.
In this FastlyHealarticle, we will give you solutions for stress hair loss, indicating some relaxation practices that you can start practicing and giving you some home remedies that will strengthen your hair and prevent it from falling out.
Goodbye to stress
The first thing we have to check is the anxiety levels that we have daily. If we suffer from hair loss due to stress, it will be essential that we promote a relaxed and calm life to allow our body to function correctly and that the nutrients we take with our diet can be distributed in a balanced way throughout our body.
So, a recommendation that we give you at FastlyHealis that you add to your routine some practices that will help you relax and disconnect from any tension that you may be experiencing at work, in your family, or in your relationship. One of the best options is to practice meditation, even if it is 5 minutes a day or 3 or 4 times a week; This is a perfect practice to relax your mind and connect with your inner “I.” It also provides a large number of health benefits, such as the following:
- Reduces stress: it is the first of the most outstanding benefits of this oriental practice. Closing your eyes and concentrating on the center without thinking about anything is one of the best practices to practice a relaxation method consciously. Your body is “asleep,” but your mind is awake. The breathing achieved with meditation is so slow and relaxed that it reduces any accumulated tension.
- Reduces blood pressure: thanks to the relaxation that is achieved when you are in a meditative state, cardiovascular health is improved and, therefore, reduce the stress points accumulated in our arteries. Thus, that hypertension can be lowered.
- Prevents heart disease: by improving blood circulation and relaxing the nerves, meditation also reduces the risk of suffering from heart diseases such as strokes, seizures, arrhythmias, etc.
- Eliminate insomnia: relaxing meditation practices allow you to enjoy a more profound and restful sleep. Meditating allows some hormones that are the ones that cause stress to be reduced and, therefore, we can fall asleep more easily.
These are the main ones, but if you want to know more, we invite you to consult our article on the benefits of meditation, where we will discover them all.
If you are not convinced by meditation, you can try other relaxation methods such as yoga or Pilates, or, if you prefer something more active, you can also practice physical exercise that will help you release tension as well as secrete serotonin, the hormone in charge of the feeling of pleasure.
Spending the weekend reading, listening to music, going for a walk, or playing sports is also an excellent way to combat stress and have moments just for you. Massages or spa sessions can also be good for achieving our goals, but it is best to incorporate some relaxing practices into our routine that help us eliminate tension.
Foods to strengthen hair
If your hair falls out due to stress, you must bet on a healthy diet full of nutrients that will strengthen your hair and practice relaxation methods. Some foods are perfect for more robust and healthier hair that prevents it from weakening and falling out. Here are the most effective ones:
- Foods rich in vitamin A
This is one of the best vitamins to maintain healthy and strong hair. The reason is that this nutrient can stimulate the lubrication of the follicle and thus makes the cells oxygenate better and, therefore, grow stronger. Some of the foods parts of this group would be carrots, green vegetables, dairy, pumpkin, or liver.
- Foods rich in vitamin B
This is another of the essential vitamins for solid hair since it ensures that oxygen reaches the follicles better and, therefore, remains in optimal conditions. In addition, it also stimulates hair growth, especially vitamin B6, which increases the production of melanin (the pigment that colors hair, making it more colorful and shiny).
Among the foods rich in this vitamin group, the egg yolk, brewer’s yeast, salmon, cod, tuna, or whole grains stand out.
- Foods rich in vitamin C
Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, or tomatoes are some of the essential foods to show off a healthy mane and prevent hair loss. The reason is that this nutrient intervenes in the synthesis of collagen, a protein that is essential for hair to be more hydrated, dense, and firm.
- Foods rich in zinc
If you are experiencing hair loss due to stress, it is recommended that you add zinc to your diet since this mineral manages to renew hair cells and repair the damage suffered by the hair. So add oysters, eggs, nuts, and sunflower seeds to your diet to improve the appearance of your hair.
Aloe vera to prevent hair loss
You must know that different pharmacological methods are designed to strengthen hair and thus prevent hair loss. If you want to try any of them from FastlyHealwe recommend that you first visit a doctor to examine you and tell you which is the best for your conditions. Next, if you prefer to opt for home remedies, we will talk to you about aloe vera, a perfect plant to prevent hair loss.
Aloe vera is a plant used to improve hair health. It has specific properties to improve some conditions, such as:
- It helps to cleanse the pores of the scalp deeply
- Profoundly hydrates hair, making it healthier and stronger
- Rejuvenates hair fibers by profoundly nourishing it
- Stops hair loss as it has regenerative properties that stimulate blood flow, something that promotes growth
For all these reasons, aloe vera is a perfect ally to stop hair loss and make your hair much more robust. To take full advantage of these properties that we have just detailed, it is most recommended that you extract the pulp that you will find inside an aloe leaf and apply it to the scalp with a gentle massage that will activate circulation. Let it act for 10 minutes, and then rinse the hair as you usually do; repeat this treatment 1 or 2 times a week, and you will notice the change.
Ginger for hair loss
But aloe vera is not the only remedy to prevent hair loss. Ginger also contains exciting properties for the hair that improve its resistance and prevent it from weakening; below, we will discover them:
- It stimulates the blood flow of the scalp. Therefore, by improving circulation, nutrients and oxygen are allowed to go to each pore and nourish the hair with the necessary vitamins to appear strong and healthy.
- Restores hair: this root also contains a large number of fatty acids that nourish the hair fibers and restore weaker hair. If you are suffering from stress hair loss, adding a little of this remedy to your daily routine will strengthen the lowest parts that are about to fall out.
To take advantage of these properties, you can make a product at home for which you will need powdered ginger root and essential oils (jojoba, olive, etc.). You will have to mix both ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture and then apply it directly to the hair with a gentle circular massage. Let it work for 45 minutes, and then wash your hair as you usually do; repeat this treatment two times a week and see the difference.
Fenugreek for hair loss
One of the most popular remedies that help prevent hair loss is fenugreek seeds, a product containing estrogens, proteins, and nicotinic acid, components that help rebuild the follicles and thus allow hair to grow much more vital.
To take advantage of its benefits, you have to buy these seeds in any natural products store and soak 1 cup full of this product. Let it sit overnight, and mash it with a spatula the following day to create a consistent paste.
Next, apply this mixture all over your hair with a gentle head massage to activate circulation, then cover the hair with a plastic cap and let it act for about 40 minutes. To clarify, use your usual shampoo, and if you repeat this treatment every day for one month, you will see how your hair is much healthier and, above all, vital.
At FastlyHealwe give you other natural remedies for hair loss that will surely be of great interest to you.
Care so that the hair does not fall
In addition to this, you should start treating your hair with care and care to prevent it from becoming weak and may end up falling out. If you have hair loss due to stress, the main thing is that you abandon your nerves and practice a healthy life, but, in addition, you should also incorporate these practices that will help improve the health of your hair :
- Nourishing shampoo adapted to your hair type
- Put on a hydrating mask every week so that hair is hydrated and strong
- Avoid too hot water and opt for a warm temperature to wash your hair
- Avoid using dryers, hair irons, etc., as they burn and spoil the health of our hair
- Cut the ends every quarter so it can be renewed
- Perform a hair massage once a week to promote blood circulation in the scalp
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Hair loss due to stress: solutions, we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.