It can be challenging to hold back from squeezing a granite, even if it lasts longer than usual. However, facial skin is so delicate, visible, and exposed that, if you don’t take proper care of it, there can be marks that are difficult to erase.
There are different reasons why a pimple doesn’t go away and last longer than usual. What can you do to get rid of it? , How do you remove internal spots? You will find that and much more in the following FastlyHealarticle.
Why a pimple doesn’t go away
Facial skin can be affected by different injuries. Although acne is the most common, some lesions may look but are not, and therefore a “pimple” may appear to last longer than usual.
Among the causes of pimples that won’t go away are:
- Epidermoid cyst: it is usually found on the face, neck, or upper chest, measures 1 to 5 cm, and is superficial, the same color as the skin or pinkish-white. It is an obstruction in a hair follicle, with which a cyst grows underneath with an accumulation of whitish and smelly material (similar to cheese), which can be seen if it is squeezed.
- Millenium cyst: it can be single or multiple. It is a minimal structure (1 to 2 mm) and is usually located on the eyelids or cheeks, it is more superficial than the other cysts, and it looks like a whitish granite. It can be congenital (be from birth in babies), appear without more, or be related to other diseases (epidermolysis bullosa, porphyria cutaneous late, burns, or treatments with corticosteroids and lasers).
- The sebaceous cyst is located on the scalp almost always and grows from a sebaceous gland (the one that secretes the lubricant of the skin and hair).
- Acne vulgaris: in two cases of acne, we notice that a pimple lasts longer than usual. If the grain is squeezed, an inflammatory reaction is generated, leading to an infection. If this is important, a scar may remain in the area, which produces a hardness where the comedo first appeared, and it may seem that the pimple does not disappear. On the other hand, when the abscesses are internal (that is, they do not have an exit to the outside), they tend to hurt and last a little longer than acne that does have an entry to the outside since they tend to become infected.
What to do if I have a pimple that won’t go away
As a first measure, it is essential to consult a specialist in dermatology since they will be the ones who can determine what type of injury it is and what the possible treatments are. A timely diagnosis will prevent you from trying different possible solutions, which often will not make the pimple that bothers you disappear but, what is even worse, can cause a mark to remain in its place.
Whatever your case, do not squeeze the pimple that is bothering you since it is most likely that if you hurt that area, there will be spots or scars in its place.
- In the case of acne, you can resort to different therapies, including more frequent cleansing, exfoliation, sun protection, avoiding comedogenic cosmetics, use of specific local medication. The indication of one or the other will depend on the type of acne, its severity, and the previous treatments you have carried out.
- In the case of milium cysts, the most minor and most superficial cleanings and exfoliations are also convenient, but they cannot be removed if they are not evacuated. It is a straightforward procedure, but it must be performed carefully so that a scar does not remain in its place.
- The epidermal and sebaceous cysts must be surgically removed. Removing them along with their capsule is the only way to ensure that they do not reappear because if there are remnants, there is the possibility of growing again. This must be done by an experienced professional since being somewhat deep skin lesions. Scars may remain that will be the same or more aesthetically annoying than the cyst itself.
How to remove internal pimples
As has been seen, cystic or blind pimples can be due to acne with no outlet to the outside, or they can be cysts that must be removed. When what you only have is acne, you can put the following tips into practice:
- Never squeeze the grain. It will only create more inflammation and leave marks.
- Clean your face: twice a day is the most appropriate. Try to use neutral and fragrance-free soaps.
- You can take steam baths on your face: after the water boils, let it cool a little and, covering yourself with a towel, you receive the steam for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then wash your face with cold water. The heat will help clean the pores. The cold helps to close them and improve circulation in the area.
- Exfoliate your face: You can use coffee grounds to exfoliate your skin once a week. Gently massage for 5 minutes and rinse. In the following article, you can see how to make other exfoliating face masks.
- Calendula flower: use it to make an infusion and cleanse your face with it. It is anti-inflammatory and helps to clean and regenerate the skin.
- Baking soda mask: mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of water and spread it over your face. It is excellent for cleaning and purifying pores. After 15 minutes, rinse and apply coconut or olive oil to hydrate.
You can see more natural treatments in the article How to eliminate internal pimples with home remedies.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to eliminate a pimple that does not disappear, we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.