Aloe vera can help you eliminate red stretch marks and reduce the visibility of white ones in less time than expected. This medicinal plant has excellent moisturizing, repairing, regenerating, and rejuvenating effects, ideal for rebuilding collagen and elastin fibers that have been broken and that have caused the appearance of those unsightly lines or marks on the skin. Stretch marks appear when the elastic fibers of the skin break, which can happen for various reasons, such as sudden changes in weight, poor diet, stress, genetic factors, pregnancy, etc. Although all people can present them, they are much more common among the female sex. Next, in this FastlyHealarticle, we show in detail how to remove stretch marks with aloe vera, a natural and effective way to reduce them and improve the appearance of the skin.
Table of Contents
Properties of aloe vera for stretch marks
Aloe vera or aloe vera is one of the best existing plants for skincare, as it contains countless properties that can help us improve your health and beauty. Specifically, its moisturizing, repairing and regenerating properties make it one of the most effective home remedies to eliminate stretch marks. Next, we explain in more detail what are the properties of aloe vera for stretch marks:
- Deeply hydrates the skin: it is very rich in water, and its richness in vitamins and minerals allows it to hydrate the skin deeply. It reaches the innermost layers repairing the most challenging issues and helping retain moisture in the skin.
- Stimulates collagen production: thanks to the auxins and gibberellins (hormones) it contains, it helps the natural production of collagen to be active and, therefore, prevents stretch marks since they appear when the collagen and elastin fibers of the skin are broken.
- Repairs cells: its antioxidant components can repair the cells that make up the skin and help them stay young and healthy.
- Reduces scars and marks: it contains a lot of vitamin C and E, two nutrients that help reduce marks, blemishes, and imperfections on the skin, such as stretch marks, acne marks, sun spots, etc. In the following FastlyHealarticle, you can see how to remove acne scars with aloe vera.
- Rejuvenates the skin: in addition to stimulating collagen production, it protects the skin from free radicals, ensuring that the tissues remain firm, elastic, and youthful for longer.
Pure aloe vera for white stretch marks
White stretch marks are the most difficult to remove, as these marks acquire a whitish hue over time, unlike red or purple ones. However, it is always possible to reduce its visibility, especially of those more marked or extensive white lines. Aloe vera can be a good solution in this case, but it will be essential that it be as pure as possible to achieve good results and blur those unsightly white stretch marks in some areas of our body.
The best thing is that you use the pure gel inside the leaves of an aloe vera plant or go to a pharmacy or herbalist and buy an aloe vera gel that is as pure as possible. The best treatments to remove white stretch marks with aloe vera are the following:
Pure Aloe Vera Gel
- If you have an aloe plant at home, cut one of the leaves at the base, the ends, and the tip to remove all the thorns. Then, cut it in half and scoop out the gelatinous liquid inside with the help of a spoon.
- Use aloe vera gel to apply directly to stretch marks skin, preferably after showering, which is the time when the skin absorbs the nutrients best.
- Massage the area with your hands until the aloe vera is completely absorbed.
- Do the treatment daily to notice the results more quickly.
Aloe vera and avocado
Avocado is another of the most effective natural products to reduce stretch marks since it is also regenerating, moisturizes, and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. Therefore, an aloe vera and avocado mask can be a great way to make white stretch marks much less visible.
- Cut 1 avocado in half and extract the pulp.
- Pour the aloe vera gel, the avocado pulp, and one tablespoon of olive, almond, or coconut oil into a bowl. You can choose the oil you prefer.
- Mash the ingredients with a fork to create a smooth mask.
- On clean skin, spread the anti-stretch mark mask obtained and massage the area in an upward circular motion to stimulate blood circulation.
- Let it act for about 20 minutes.
Discover other good home remedies for white stretch marks in the following FastlyHealarticle.
How to make a homemade aloe vera cream for stretch marks
Another way to eliminate stretch marks with aloe vera and get more beautiful and hydrated skin is to prepare homemade anti-stretch marks creams with aloe and other natural anti-stretch effects and apply them to the affected skin. Discover in the following lines which are the best recipes. These can be used to eliminate red stretch marks (the most recent) and reduce the white ones (the oldest).
Aloe vera cream and coconut oil
- Add 1/2 cup of pure aloe vera gel and 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil to a bowl.
- Also, add 3-4 drops of any essential oil. This is optional.
- Mix the ingredients until just combined.
- Apply the cream to the area with stretch marks, massaging in a circular motion until the skin has absorbed it. Coconut oil helps mitigate and prevent them, thanks to the vitamins E and Kit contain.
Aloe vera cream and coffee
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of aloe gel and two tablespoons of coffee grounds.
- When you get a smooth paste, add a little water and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply the mask to the stretch marks and massage in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- Let it act for 20 minutes and remove it with warm water.
Aloe vera cream with vitamin E
- You only have to mix 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel with the liquid inside seven vitamin E capsules. This vitamin is an excellent antioxidant that repairs and rejuvenates tissues, reducing marks and scars. Discover all its benefits in the article Vitamin E for the skin: properties and how to use it.
- Apply the mixture obtained to the skin and spread it with gentle circular massages.
- Let the skin absorb it completely.
Aloe vera cream, honey, and almond oil
- Mix 1 glass of aloe gel with 2 small tablespoons of organic honey.
- Add two small tablespoons of almond oil to the previous mixture.
- Apply the anti-stretch mark cream in the area that interests you and leave it on for 30 minutes.
Tips to remove stretch marks from the skin
- Follow a balanced and healthy diet that helps maintain healthy skin with a firm, elastic and smooth appearance. It is essential to consume foods rich in vitamins and minerals, such as vegetables and fruits, vegetable oils, cereals, legumes, etc.
- Drink plenty of water during the day.
- Do physical exercise and avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
- Avoid strict and “miracle” diets that can cause a rebound effect.
- Avoid smoking.
- Use stretch mark creams after you shower.
In the following video from FastlyHeal, you can see other good home remedies to eliminate stretch marks.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to remove stretch marks with aloe vera , we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.