Many have oily skin, a type that can easily be distinguished by being quite greasy and oily, with enlarged and noticeable pores, and, above all, with a greater tendency to develop impurities such as pimples and suffer skin conditions such as acne. All this is motivated by an overactivity of the sebaceous glands. To keep the skin always healthy and beautiful, it is necessary to take care of it with the appropriate products, help control and minimize excess fat, and eat a balanced and healthy diet. To this, you can also add the use of some natural astringent products like the ones we show you in this FastlyHealarticle. Read on and discover the most effective home remedies for oily skin.
Causes of oily skin
Unlike other types of skin, Oily skin suffers the consequences of excessive sebum production from the so-called sebaceous glands, which can be motivated by different factors, as we will see below. This accumulation of sebum gives way to the main signs of oily skin, such as an oily and shiny appearance, enlarged pores, thicker skin, blackheads, pimples, pimples, acne, a feeling of dirty skin, hypersensitivity, among others. In addition, all of them tend to be more frequent in specific points of the face, especially in the so-called T zone of the face, which includes the forehead, nose, and chin.
Among the most common causes of oily skin and excess sebum are the following:
- Genetic factors and age: oily skin has a significant hereditary component, and, in addition, oiliness is more accentuated in stages such as adolescence.
- Hormonal disturbances: When the body experiences significant hormonal imbalances, the production of the sebaceous glands can increase. This is common, especially in stages such as puberty or when suffering from conditions related to alterations in hormones such as diabetes, thyroid problems, polycystic ovaries, etc.
- Overweight: when there is an accumulation of fat in the body, in many cases, this is visible externally through a more oily skin.
- Inadequate diet: excessive consumption of very fatty and high sugar can affect the appearance of the skin, making it appear more oily.
- Stress: although it is not a cause itself, stress and anxiety are emotional states that cause hormonal alterations in the body and can accentuate excess sebum on the skin.
Best home remedies for oily and pimpled skin
There are many natural products with astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that help to eliminate excess oil on the face and reduce the pimples present at the same time. Among the most effective are those listed below:
- aloe vera the sable
- Green clay
- Apple vinegar
Discover how you can use each of these products as a home treatment for oily skin and acne in the following sections.
Aloe vera excellent for oily skin and acne
Nature gives us beautiful plants that we can take advantage of to improve the appearance of the skin in a completely natural way. One of those that offer the best results is, without a doubt, aloe vera or aloe vera. It is perfect for the care of all skin types, but it is doubly effective in the case of oily skin. In addition to moisturizing, aloe vera is astringent, antibacterial, and regenerating, allowing it to deeply cleanse the skin, unclog pores, and prevent the formation of blackheads pimples, pimples, etc. For all this, it has become one of the great natural alternatives to treat acne and prevent it from leaving unsightly marks, scars, or blemishes on the skin.
To check its effects, we recommend that you carry out one of the following treatments:
- Apply the sage inside an aloe leaf on oily skin, leave it on for about 15 minutes and then remove with plenty of cold or warm water.
- Another good option is to make an aloe vera facial mask by mixing the pulp of an aloe leaf with the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon, applying it to the skin using circular movements, and letting it rest for about 20 minutes.
Green clay is a fantastic remedy for oily face and pimples.
There are different types of clays, but among all of them, the one that works best to reduce excess sebum in oily skin is green clay. The secret of this product is that it helps to keep the dermis healthy, as it cleans and purifies it in-depth and favors its regeneration. Its exfoliating power fights all impurities, and its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and disinfectant properties are perfect for treating acne and preventing infections.
Different treatments can be made with green clay. However, one of the best home remedies for oily skin and acne is the following mask:
- In a non-metal container, place two tablespoons of powdered green clay.
- Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of mineral water and stir until a smooth paste.
- Before applying the mask, remember to clean your skin with a soap bar suitable for oily skin that does not contain alcohol.
- Apply the mask evenly and avoid spreading it around the eye contour and the skin around the lips.
- Wait about 20 minutes for it to take effect and when the clay has dried, remove it with plenty of warm or cold water.
Discover more details about this treatment by consulting the article Green clay mask for the face: benefits and how to do it.
Citrus fruits, astringent and antibacterial
Lemon, orange, mandarin, grapefruit … all of them are citrus fruits with many vitamins and excellent properties to improve the health and beauty of oily skin. They offer an ideal astringent and antibacterial action to prevent impurities from persisting on the skin and damaging its appearance. In addition, they help dry pimples and prevent them from leaving marks or spots on the skin. And to all this, we must add that they are powerful natural antioxidants and, therefore, slow down the aging process and provide a lot of vitality to the dermis.
On this occasion, we propose a mask made from natural yogurt, grapefruit, and lemon, although if you prefer, you can substitute the grapefruit for the orange, for example:
- Add two tablespoons of unsweetened plain yogurt to a container, one tablespoon of grapefruit, and one lemon juice.
- When all the ingredients are perfectly mixed, apply the mask to those areas with more oil and sebum.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
In the following FastlyHealarticle, you can see other good homemade masks for pimples and blackheads on the face.
Apple cider vinegar removes excess fat on the face.
Another of the best home remedies for oily face and pimples is apple cider vinegar. This is a very versatile product that can be used in different areas, and beauty is one of them, thanks to the magnificent properties it brings to the skin. It beautifies any skin, but it is especially indicated for those more oily due to its malic acid content, a substance with antibacterial and antifungal action, excellent for minimizing acne symptoms. Unclogs pores revitalize, brings freshness, and regulate the skin’s pH level.
As a home treatment to eliminate oily skin, facial cleansing with apple cider vinegar is the best alternative:
- It would be best to have organic and unrefined apple cider vinegar. Dilute 250 ml of this in 750 ml of mineral water.
- Soak a cotton pad in the mixture.
- Wipe it over all the oiliest areas and continue with another disc, if necessary, until it comes out completely clean.
- After 5 minutes, rinse with plenty of water, and that’s it!
Astringent kiwi and lemon toner for very oily skin
We have already talked about the remarkable properties of lemon for oily skin. Still, kiwi is another of the allied fruits for this type of skin. Both ingredients are incredible for deep cleaning, eliminating pimples and impurities, reducing excess sebum, and avoiding the appearance of blackheads, pimples, etc.
You can make a toner for oily skin by doing the following:
- Mix 1/2 kiwi with the juice of 1/2 lemon. You just have to blend both ingredients.
- Store the liquid obtained in the refrigerator to cool.
- When it is cold, spread it over the face with the help of a cotton pad.
- Wait about 5 or 10 minutes and finish by rinsing your face.
Homemade scrub for oily and pimpled skin
Exfoliating oily skin about twice a week can help you cleanse your face in a much deeper way and prevent the formation of new pimples, reduce excess, and avoid facial shine. And not only this, when you exfoliate the skin, then all the other products that you apply to it will absorb and work much better. Try the following homemade scrub for oily skin, and you will see how you notice the difference:
- Add three tablespoons of rolled oats to a container with 1/4 of the cold milk.
- Wait about 10 minutes for the flakes to hydrate well.
- Apply the paste obtained on the face making circular massages.
- Leave for about 15 minutes, and then rinse with plenty of warm or cold water.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for oily and pimpled skin, we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.