Food is the way we have to provide our body with the energy and nutrients necessary to carry out all its functions. In food terms, this idea translates into calories. Calories are the unit used to measure the energy content of each food.
In relation to this, there is a recommended daily amount of calories to keep us healthy without exceeding or falling short. However, this recommended amount is very relative and depends on the different characteristics of each person, which range from sex and age, to weight and the degree of physical exercise performed. At FastlyHealwe help you know how many calories you should consume according to your weight to maintain a healthy and stable body.
Before starting, and as we mentioned at the beginning, keep in mind that the recommended calories will depend on many factors. In general, men need to consume more calories per day than women, and young people more than adults. Body constitution also has a lot to do with it, and so does the work we do and how dynamic we are during the day. If we are more sedentary people, we must reduce the number of calories ingested, and vice versa if what we do is move a lot.
To get started, perform the following formula:
- If you are a man, multiply your weight in kilograms by 25.
- If you are a woman, multiply your weight in kilograms by 23.
Write down the result obtained. From this figure, you have to start taking into account the different factors.
The first factor is age; in young people, the metabolism is faster and calories are burned more easily. However, as the years go by, the difficulty increases. So keep the following in mind:
- If you are under 25 years old, add 300 to the previous result.
- If you are between 25 and 45 years old, stick with the previous result.
- If you are between 45 and 55 years old, subtract 100 from the previous result.
- If you are between 55 and 65 years old, subtract 200 from the previous result.
- If you are over 65, subtract 300 from the previous result.
The next notable factor is the physical activity we do in our daily lives. Of course, you will not need the same calories if you spend the day sitting as if you usually go for a run or do sports:
- If you do not do any physical activity, keep the last result obtained.
- If you do activities around the house or walk an average of 20 minutes a day, add 100 to the last result obtained.
- If you do moderate physical activity at your job or do a specific sport about 3 times a week, add 200 to the last result obtained.
- If you exercise daily at a high level or go to the gym every day, add 300 to the last result obtained.
This final result is the calories you should take in per day . It is also important to learn to distribute them throughout the day; we cannot consume, for example, half of these calories in a single meal. It is advisable to take more calories at breakfast and lunch, and reduce them at dinner. Lunch and snack should be around 200 calories. The trick is to consume more calories in the morning , which will make it much easier for us to burn them throughout the day.
If you want to know more about this topic, we invite you to read the article how many calories to consume according to my age
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How many calories to consume according to my weight , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.