The face is our cover letter; any disorder that appears in it is difficult to hide. Therefore, a problem in it brings so much concern. Facial skin can be affected by different causes, including allergy, too much histamine circulating in the body, infections, or more complex diseases, such as diabetes or lupus.
We invite you to read the following FastlyHealarticle, in which you will find more information about facial IrritationIrritation, its possible causes, treatment, and home remedies.
Causes of IrritationIrritation on the face
The skin of the face can be irritated by different conditions and conditions, among which are:
In this case, the IrritationIrritation of the face occurs permanently, exacerbated by alcohol consumption, spicy foods, emotions, and exercise, among others. The skin becomes red, blood vessels become more apparent, and acne-like lesions may appear. It is frequently suffered by women who smoke and have fair skin.
In the following article, you can learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of rosacea.
Your face can give you away: anxiety, nervousness, and stress can make your skin red and appear irritated, especially if you have a predisposition to rosacea.
They are also known as xerosis. Skin so dry can be affected by dry weather, cold and excessive heat. They can become irritated and even damaged if exposure continues.
You may be overreacting to some substance you have ingested or present in the environment. In this case, the skin becomes red, spots and pimples appear, and, above all, it causes a lot of itching.
Allergy to cosmetics
Perhaps the substance that irritates you is makeup or cream. Before using new facial products, it is a good idea to apply them to your hand to see if they cause any allergic reaction to your skin.
If you have been in the sun for a long time, you may notice some redness and IrritationIrritation on your skin, especially if it has been in the most vital hours of the sun, you do not use sunscreen, or you have fair skin.
Psoriasis is an inflammatory disease affecting various skin areas. It has reddish spots and is flaking. This IrritationIrritation usually occurs in outbreaks related to stress, poor diet, lack of exercise, and rest. It can appear on the face but also in other areas.
There is usually a tendency to this type of IrritationIrritation, in which redness and scaling appear on the face; it can also affect the scalp. It has been linked to the presence of a skin fungus.
Rubeosis facial diabética
In this case, the skin on the face appears permanently red; it must be distinguished from rosacea. It can occur before diabetes is diagnosed, so it is a good alarm sign that should make you change your habits since you can avoid suffering from this disease with good nutrition and exercise. Also, if you already have diabetes, you can improve both the illness and facial IrritationIrritation with a new lifestyle.
An infection in the loose tissue near the eyes can cause you to notice red, hot, and painful skin, usually accompanied by fever.
Because the enzyme diamine oxidase (DAO) does not work well, the conversion of histamine ingested with food does not occur. Thus there will be more histamine in the body. Foods such as preserves, red wine, or chocolate (rich in this type of substance) will not be metabolized correctly, resulting in various symptoms such as facial redness, migraines, and even asthma.
Especially in children, infection by a virus can cause facial flushing, usually accompanied by other symptoms such as fever and cold. It is common to observe it in the ” Fifth disease ” caused by Parvovirus B19.
Impetigo is more common in children with a bacterial infection. There is redness in the area around the mouth, nose, and chin; the lesions are like small blisters that, when broken, give rise to a yellowish crust.
A herpes outbreak can occur on the face. It usually begins with pain in the area, and then blister-like lesions appear that crust over when broken.
The reddened lesions usually start on the face but spread over the rest of the body within a few days. New outbreaks have been reported, so attention should be paid to this possibility. It usually begins with a general malaise, fever, dry cough, sore throat, and conjunctivitis.
Lupus can manifest with a variety of symptoms, including, it may appear redness on the cheeks, typically described as “butterfly wings,” but can vary your presentation.
An insect may have bitten you, which will cause IrritationIrritation on the face and itching in the affected area.
Treatment of IrritationIrritation on the face
Depending on the reason for the IrritationIrritation on the face, the treatment will be indicated by a professional:
- Keep the area clean with neutral soaps.
- Avoid applying cosmetic products.
- Adequately hydrate the skin. It can help you mitigate dryness, but also in cases of psoriasis, rosacea, and allergies. Try to do it with neutral products: olive oil, coconut oil, and almond oil can help.
- If there is a viral infection, wait for it to get better. If the cause is a bacterial infection, topical or oral antibiotics may be used as appropriate.
- If you have an incredible itch, they may indicate an antihistamine, which will also be helpful if there is too much histamine in the body (although, in this case, the most important thing is to avoid foods that contain it).
- Rosacea requires a combination of facial care (cleansing, limited facial sun exposure) and medication. Among the drugs usually used are creams that reduce the size of blood vessels, antibiotics, antiparasitics, and antiacneics.
- As we have said, the best way to improve the IrritationIrritation present in diabetes is to change your habits: improve your diet, exercise and rest properly.
- Psoriasis can also be treated topically or with systemic medication, depending on the type and severity.
Home remedies for IrritationIrritation on the face
You can resort to some natural remedies to improve and calm an irritated face:
- Apply cold compresses: these will help reduce inflammation.
- Apply chamomile infusion: it is anti-inflammatory; you can also drink it, which will help clean the skin.
- Use calendula: the flowers of this plant have healing properties for the skin, as they reduce inflammation and help heal.
- Eat more raw fruits and vegetables: with the right vitamins and minerals; you restore your body to its balance, clearly manifested on the skin.
- Drink water: sufficient daily water intake is essential to improve any skin disorder.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to IrritationIrritation in the face: causes, treatment and home remedies , we recommend that you enter our category of Skin, hair and nails .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.