Having a plump or swollen face is not only a matter of genetics, because in many cases, it is also due to causes such as a poor diet, lack of water, fluid retention, sudden changes in weight, etc. That is why by following a balanced diet and performing the appropriate exercises, it is possible to reduce the measurements of the face, eliminate accumulated fat and achieve a better appearance. At FastlyHealwe show, the key aspects to consider are to offer a much more stylized and thin look, and we reveal which are the best treatments to slim the face that should be put into practice. The most important thing is to be consistent and give them time for the results to be visible.
Table of Contents
Food to slim the face
A balanced, low-fat diet is the best ally to lose weight healthily and reduce the measurements and volume of any part of our body, including the face. In fact, on many occasions, the face appears more swollen than usual due to an accumulation of fat that gives, at the same time, a much more lax and unsightly appearance to the skin. To combat this swelling, it is enough to carry out specific changes in the daily diet and combine them with other healthy lifestyle habits that we will see later. The nutritional recommendations to take into account to lose weight on the face are:
- Eat more green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits, as they are foods rich in fiber that offer a more incredible feeling of satiety, help metabolize calories better and prevent bloating. It is advisable to eat at least three servings of vegetables and fruit a day, opting, of course, for those fruits that have fewer calories, such as apple, lemon, watermelon, oranges, grapefruit, or strawberries.
- Consume fish rich in omega-three such as salmon, cod, or herring since, in addition to being excellent for heart health, they help to eliminate fat effectively.
- Reduce the amount of salt and sugar in the diet. Both ingredients promote the accumulation of fat and water retention in the face, making it more puffy and thick.
- Avoid the consumption of bakery products and sweets in general.
- Reduce your intake of carbohydrates from pasta and white bread.
- Avoid eating carbohydrates at night since while we sleep, the body’s metabolism decreases, and these foods end up turning into fat.
- Cook food using healthy methods such as boiled, grilled, baked, or steamed. Avoid cooking with a lot of oil or seasoning with sauces.
The retention of water in the face area, as we have mentioned, is one of the leading causes why it can look more swollen and with greater volume. And it is for this reason, in addition to the previous nutritional guidelines, it is advisable to consume some cleansing infusions that help expel toxins from the body and prevent the accumulation of fluid.
We find green tea, horsetail, dandelion, birch, thyme, and elderberry leaves among the medicinal plants with the best draining effects. To take advantage of its cleansing and detoxifying properties, you can prepare an infusion with any of these plants and have a cup a day, at breakfast or between meals. With this, weight loss and reduction of the thickness of the face will be more effortless.
Drink more water
Another possible factor causing having a more swollen and voluminous face is the lack of hydration, and is that when the body does not have the necessary water, it tends to accumulate fat and toxins, which translates into weight gain. . So one of the essential changes that must be adopted to slim the face is to increase the regular water consumption, striving to get to drink, at least, between 1.5 and 2 liters per day.
This simple action greatly benefits the general health of the body. In addition to helping to reduce the face measurements, it is excellent for improving the appearance of the skin, making it look much firmer, more elastic, and beautiful. Facial exercises
A good diet, in combination with the realization of cardiovascular physical activities and localized facial exercises, is the best formula to achieve an effective weight loss. Playing sports and exercising the muscles of the face is the best way to reduce facial fat, expel accumulated toxins and reactivate blood flow.
Here are the best exercises that can be used to try to refine the face and make it look more stylized:
- Place your mouth in an “o” shape and smile broadly. The exercise should be repeated about 30 times.
- Take air by inflating the cheeks as much as possible and hold the position for about 30 seconds.
- Exaggeratedly pronounce each of the vowels and hold them for 30 seconds.
- Tilt your head back as far as possible and hold the position for 10 seconds. This exercise is ideal for the chin and neck area.
- Move your mouth from side to side as fast as possible for 10 seconds. A minimum of 3 repetitions should be performed.
- Raise and lower the eyebrows with your eyes open about ten times.
In addition to these localized exercises, running or cycling, or other cardiovascular activities are a great option to mobilize the muscles of the entire body and lose weight in different areas, including the face.
Facial massages with homemade masks
The facials are also an excellent alternative to reactivate the blood circulation of the face, help tone your muscles, and therefore get to thin. For best results, it is advisable to do a facial massage applying, at the same time, a firming mask like the one obtained by mixing a natural yogurt, two tablespoons of oatmeal, two tablespoons of orange juice, and a vitamin E capsule (sold in pharmacies or natural stores).
Once the mask is made, it should only be extended by starting the massage in the center of the face, then pressing in the direction of the eyebrows and outwards until it reaches the forehead. Next, you should do the same, starting from the neck and going up the double chin, the cheeks until reaching the temples. Give about 20 quick pats all over the face as a final touch.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Treatments for slimming the face , we recommend that you enter our Well-being category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.