Today it is very easy to find aesthetic and cosmetic products that in a few minutes allow us to lighten the tone and color of our hair. However, anyone who has been to the hairdresser and has colored themselves will have seen that the chemicals in these products can burn and seriously damage the hair.
If you are looking for a homemade, natural and safe alternative to lightening your hair in FastlyHealwe will give you the definitive solution. The chamomile to lighten hair has been used for a long time and is a safe option to lighten hair safely, without damaging your hair and economical, it is a product that most of us have at home.
Table of Contents
Properties of chamomile tea for hair
Perhaps many people believe that lightening your hair with chamomile tea is no more a legend than a scientific reality. Although in this world of natural remedies there are many hoaxes, we can assure you that in this case it is not so. Chamomile is an excellent alternative to lighten your hair, not in vain, most hairdressing products introduce it for that purpose.
But what are the benefits of chamomile tea for lightening hair?
- Chamomile has two natural pigments: apigenin, which is yellow in color and stimulates blonde tones in hair, and azulene, a purplish color that gives hair a natural shine that makes the blonde stand out even more.
- In blonde hair the effect of chamomile is much more noticeable, as it stimulates and lightens an already existing color, however, in dark hair there is also a lightening of the tone.
- One of the great benefits that chamomile treatment offers us when lightening our hair is that, unlike most chemical products, it does so without damaging our hair or scalp.
- It is a totally natural treatment and very easy to apply, it can be done perfectly at home without the help of anyone.
- The following benefit is not noticeable in the hair but it is noticeable in the pocket. Unlike the treatments that can be done in the hairdresser or the products that you can find in the market, this one is very economical and affordable for everyone.
How to use chamomile to lighten hair
As we have already commented previously, there are numerous products on the market, be they dyes, shampoos or lotions that include chamomile among their ingredients to lighten hair. However, it is always advisable to use natural chamomile and take advantage of all its properties without any other additives.
In any herbalist, natural products store or even in supermarkets you can find chamomile bags used to make infusions. In fact, one of the great properties of chamomile and what it is most used for is to relieve digestive pain, combat conjunctivitis or reduce anxiety. In addition to the infusion bags you have other options such as buying the leaves separately or even growing them yourself.
To lighten hair with chamomile, 500 grams will serve you for different applications. Once you have the chamomile, you can apply it. Here’s how to use chamomile to lighten your hair :
- The way of preparation is the same as if you were to prepare an infusion. Put the leaves in a bowl or saucepan, it doesn’t have to be too big, and add two tablespoons of almond oil. There you should also add water; 1 cup if you have short hair, 2 cups if you have long hair and 4 cups if you have very long hair.
- Put it all together on the fire, turn it off when it comes to a boil.
- Once the heat is off, let the chamomile infusion rest for 3 hours so that it releases all its properties in the water.
- After three hours you can strain the infused water and add it to your usual chuampú. In these cases it is preferable for it to be neutral, so that its effect is greater. In principle, after three applications you will begin to notice how your hair is lightening.
Contraindications of chamomile
Despite all the medicinal uses of chamomile for the body in so many aspects, compared to other natural products, its contraindications are really few. In addition, its effects on the body if we use it for hair are infinitely less than if we ingest it orally. Likewise, to avoid any type of derived health problem, below we explain which are the cases in which you should not lighten your hair with chamomile:
- Obviously, you should refrain from doing this treatment if you have a chamomile allergy .
- According to some studies, chamomile may be responsible for some abortive processes. Therefore, it would not be advisable to follow this treatment if you are pregnant or suspect that you could be.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Chamomile tea to lighten hair , we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.