Applying an olive oil mask to your hair once a week is a sure way to keep it well hydrated and looking good. This oil so appreciated in the culinary field is also an excellent home remedy to improve both the health and beauty of our hair, as it offers great hydration, regeneration and repair. In addition, olive oil can be applied alone on the hair or in combination with other natural products if what we want is to achieve specific effects, such as making hair grow faster or repair the driest and most damaged parts. Keep reading this FastlyHealarticle to discover how to make an olive oil hair mask , we show you different recipes so you can try the one that interests you the most.
Table of Contents
Benefits of olive oil for hair
Olive oil is a golden liquid packed with essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals; Thanks to this, it acquires magnificent nourishing, moisturizing and repairing properties that can help you regain the health and beauty of your hair if it is dry or damaged. In the following lines, we show you what are the main benefits of olive oil for hair , take note:
- It is high in vitamin E, an antioxidant nutrient that strengthens hair follicles and hair fibers, allowing, on the one hand, hair to grow faster and stronger and, on the other, preventing it from splitting easily.
- It is also very rich in vitamin C, which favors the production of collagen, helping the hair to stay thick and not become so fine.
- It acts against frizz, since due to its molecular structure it penetrates the hair fibers better. For this reason, it is recommended to use olive oil for curly hair , as it is a very effective natural treatment for this type of hair.
- The essential fatty acids it contains are excellent for deeply hydrating hair . Provides extra help to recover lost moisture and prevents dehydration that hair can suffer from the use of dryers, irons, dyes, discoloration, etc.
- It is one of the best natural products to treat the problems of split, damaged and dry ends.
- Helps prevent dandruff and relieves itching that can be experienced on the scalp.
Thanks to all the properties of olive oil for hair, you will notice the following results:
- Smoother and more hydrated hair.
- More shine.
- Hydrated and repaired tips.
- Stronger and thicker hair.
- More defined, soft and frizz- free curls .
How to make an olive oil hair mask
There are several ways in which you can apply olive oil to your hair, but below, we are going to show you one of the simplest and most effective ways. With this treatment, you will be able to obtain all the benefits that we have discussed in the previous section and show off a completely renewed, softer, stronger, shinier and more beautiful hair. The step by step you must follow to make this olive oil hair mask is:
- Pour 2-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a bowl. This amount should vary depending on the length of your hair.
- On slightly damp or dry hair, as you prefer, apply the olive oil mask evenly and massage to distribute it well. Begin to massage the scalp and work your way up to the area of the ends.
- To make the treatment work faster and be twice as effective, cover all your hair with a hot towel and wait with it on for about 30 minutes.
- After that time, remove the towel, rinse the hair with warm water and wash it as usual.
It is best to do this treatment once a week so that the hair remains healthy and radiant, but this is something that can also vary depending on the type of hair of each one.
Olive oil and honey mask for dry hair
As we have already seen, one of the most outstanding properties of olive oil for hair are its nourishing, moisturizing and repairing properties, making it one of the best treatments that exist for very dry, damaged and abused hair. With its application, the hair fibers are repaired from the inside and this results in visibly smoother and more beautiful hair.
When what we want is to use this golden liquid to combat dryness and hair damage, nothing better than combining it with honey, as this is a substance that also deeply hydrates, softens and adds a lot of shine. To make this olive oil mask for dry hair , you just have to follow the following recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of organic honey
Preparation and application
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil with the honey until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask all over the hair, focusing on the driest parts such as the middle and ends. To prevent the hair from getting greasy, if you want you can apply it only on the middle and ends.
- Wrap the hair with a towel or a shower cap and leave for about 15 minutes.
- After that time, rinse and wash your hair as normal.
If you suffer from dry scalp, you can also consult the treatments that we indicate in the article Home remedies for dry scalp .
Olive oil masks for hair growth
If what interests you, above all, is to combat hair loss and make it grow much faster, healthier and stronger, then you should try one of the following olive oil masks. They include other natural products with excellent properties to stimulate hair growth and strengthen hair follicles, keeping them well nourished.
Olive oil and egg mask
- In a bowl, beat 1 egg.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and stir until both ingredients are integrated.
- Apply the treatment on previously moistened hair and let it rest for about 20 or 30 minutes.
Eggs are very rich in biotin , one of the best vitamins to promote hair growth and ensure that it always remains strong, vigorous and shiny.
Olive oil and rosemary mask
- Make a rosemary infusion by adding 1 tablespoon of dried leaves to 1 cup of boiling water.
- When the infusion is and has cooled, mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Use the ointment obtained to apply it all over the hair and leave it to act for about 30 minutes.
Rosemary helps hair grow because it reactivates blood circulation in the scalp.
Olive oil and aloe vera mask
- In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. If you have an aloe plant at home, you can directly use the pulp that is inside the leaves.
- Apply the olive oil mask to wet or dry hair and massage with your fingers to distribute it well. You can use a barbed comb to make sure it is well spread over all the strands.
- Let it act for about 30 minutes and, after this time, remove with plenty of warm water.
Aloe vera has regenerative properties and reactivates blood flow to the scalp.
Discover other incredible natural remedies for hair loss in the following FastlyHealarticle .
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Olive oil hair mask , we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.