The argan oil, known as the liquid gold of Morocco, is a product with many benefits for skin health but also for that the hair due to the many properties it has. Its regular application makes it possible to achieve perfectly nourished, soft, and shiny hair. In addition, it helps combat aesthetic hair problems and conditions, such as dandruff, dermatitis, frizz, split and brittle ends, etc.
If you want to show off a spectacular mane and ally yourself with the liquid gold of Morocco to achieve it in a completely natural way, pay attention to this FastlyHealarticle in which we talk in detail about argan oil for hair: benefits and how to use it.
Argan oil for hair: benefits and properties
Argan oil has an ideal composition for caring for and repairing hair. Nutrients are essential for hair health in this composition, such as vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-9). These provide constant nutrition to the hair fibers and result in a much more hydrated, silky, and shiny mane. Take note of what are the main benefits of argan oil for hair:
Hydration and hair repair
Due to the unsaturated fatty acids, it contains, this oil penetrates deep into the hair fibers, hydrating and nourishing them from the inside.
With this, it is possible to combat dryness, restore the most damaged parts of the hair, combat split and brittle ends and show off the hair that is much more radiant and soft to the touch. For this reason, argan oil for curly hair is excellent, as it eliminates frizz, makes it more manageable, and facilitates styling.
Balances the scalp
It is very rich in polyphenols, and among these is ferulic acid, which is excellent for improving blood circulation in the scalp and helping nutrients reach the hair follicles.
For this reason, it manages to oxygenate the hair from the roots to the ends, helps the hair grow much more robust, healthier, and more flexible and combats conditions such as dandruff or dermatitis on the scalp.
Prevents hair aging
Due to its richness in vitamin E, other properties of argan oil for hair are antioxidants, which prevent premature graying of hair and prevent its oxidation. This nutrient conditions the hair, providing protection against all external agents and pollutants that can damage it and also promotes its growth, hydration, and natural shine.
Thicker and denser hair
It contains lupeol, a component that improves keratin production in the hair, resulting in a much thicker, fuller, and denser mane.
Other benefits of argan oil for hair
- On colored hair, it helps to prolong the duration of the color.
- Protects hair from sun damage, preventing its rays from penetrating the hair fibers.
- Straighten the hair.
Where to buy argan oil for hair
Argan oil can be easily found in many supermarkets and department stores, but if you want to play it safe, it is best to go to an herbalist or stores specializing in the sale of natural products. Always make sure before purchasing that it is as pure as possible to take advantage of all its properties.
In these shops, you will also find other products made with this oil, such as soaps, creams, shampoos, etc.
Argan oil for hair: how to use and apply it
To maximize the beauty of your hair and make it look hydrated, soft, and shiny, we recommend using argan oil for hair by following the steps listed below:
- Pour the argan oil into a container and heat it slightly in the microwave (about 10 seconds) to activate all its properties.
- Apply the oil throughout the hair evenly, focusing primarily on the scalp and the ends if they are severely damaged.
- Massage the head in circular movements so that the oil penetrates well into all the hair fibers. Do it for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a towel and wrap all the hair with it but without removing the oil.
- Leave the towel on your head for at least 30 minutes to nourish all your hair.
- After that time, remove the towel from the head and run a barber comb through the hair to detangle it.
- Finally, rinse with plenty of warm water or wash your hair as you usually do.
When you dry them, you will see that your hair is much softer and shinier than usual. It is best to apply argan oil to your hair 1 or 2 times a week for long-lasting results.
Apply argan oil according to hair type
Although the previous treatment is the most effective to notice the benefits of argan oil on the hair, you can also apply it in different ways depending on your hair type or the state in which it is. Take note of the following tips to find out which application is best suited to the exact needs of your hair:
- Parched, damaged, and split ends: apply a little of the oil only on the part of the ends and let it rest for about 2 hours. After that time, rinse and wash as usual. Repeat the treatment two times a week.
- Oily hair: in this case, you should avoid applying it to the scalp area. Apply only from medium to ends, comb to distribute it throughout all the locks, and leave for 20 to 30 minutes. Perform the treatment once a week or every ten days.
- Dry or flaking scalp: apply the product only to the scalp, massage in circular motions and let it sit overnight. The following day, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Argan oil hair masks
In addition to using argan oil for hair in isolation, you can also combine it with the properties of other natural products that are also beneficial for the health and beauty of your hair. Write down the following recipes:
Argan oil, honey, and egg mask
This argan oil mask is perfect for hair that is very abused, damaged, and dry, as the hydration and repair that is obtained are unmatched.
Beat 1 egg, add one tablespoon of honey and 1/1 tablespoon of argan oil. Stir and apply the mixture all over the hair, wrap it with a hot towel and leave it to act for 30 to 60 minutes.
Argan oil and avocado mask
Combining these two ingredients is ideal for repairing dry and damaged hair and promoting hair growth.
With a fork, mash the pulp of 1 avocado and add one tablespoon of argan oil. Apply the mask obtained throughout the hair from roots to ends and leave for about 30 minutes.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Argan oil for hair: benefits and how to use it, we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.