Did you know that coconut oil used in the right amount can be one of the best remedies for oily hair? This oil, so highly valued in beauty and aesthetics, can also help you reduce that excess sebum that causes your hair to look oily, caked, and dirty in a short time. In addition, coconut oil is a product that manages to control oil but at the same time hydrates and nourishes the hair fibers in-depth, avoiding dryness and other problems, such as split ends or frizz. If you want to get healthy and lively hair back, pay attention to this article by FastlyHealin which we explain the benefits of coconut oil for oily hair and how to use it step by step.
Coconut oil benefits oily hair
Is coconut oil good for oily hair? The truth is that this oil has properties that can help control the problem of excess fat in the hair and reduce the activity of the sebaceous glands. Still, in order not to achieve the opposite effect of accentuating the oily appearance, it will be essential to use it in the appropriate dose and carry out the treatments that we show in the following sections. First, let’s see what the benefits of coconut oil for oily hair are and how this natural product can improve the health and beauty of your hair:
- Thanks to its high content of vitamins E and K, proteins, and lauric and capric acids, coconut oil, unlike other fats, can penetrate deep into the hair fibers and repair them from the inside.
- It has potent antifungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help reduce excess sebum from oily hair and eliminate dandruff naturally. It reduces the symptoms of this condition, such as irritation, itching, and flaking.
- In addition, coconut oil can control excess fat without causing dryness in the hair. It acts as an excellent natural conditioner that deeply hydrates and nourishes the hair fibers while strengthening the roots.
- The combination of proteins, fatty acids, and antioxidant components makes it one of the best existing products to stimulate hair growth, repair damaged fibers, and prevent excessive hair loss.
In addition to all of the above, other benefits of coconut oil for hair are that it fights frizz or frizz, adds shine, protects hair from external damage, and facilitates styling.
How to use coconut oil for oily hair
Before you start using coconut oil for oily hair, you must purchase the correct oil. It is best to buy organic coconut oil as pure as possible; you can find it in health food stores or herbalists. The treatment that you must carry out is straightforward and consists of the following steps:
- The coconut oil will be in a solid state, so to apply it, you will first have to heat it a bit in the microwave. Put 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl and microwave it for a few seconds to turn it into a liquid. The amount of oil to use will depend on the length and density of your hair.
- Then, apply the coconut oil to dry the hair. The best thing is that you start at the ends, continue through the middle, and, finally, reach the scalp area. In this, do a small circular massage so that the product penetrates better in the hair follicles.
- Cover your hair with a towel or a plastic cap and let it act for approximately 20 to 30 minutes to enhance its effects.
- After that time, remove with plenty of warm water and wash your hair. You must use specific shampoos and conditioners for oily hair to make your hair look cleaner and looser.
Essential tips to avoid greasing your hair
- Do not use a large amount of coconut oil, as then you could make your hair even more greasy. Start by using a small amount and, depending on how you see your hair reacting to the treatment, increase it a little or not.
- This treatment is ideal for combating excess oil in the hair and at the same time hydrating and nourishing the middle and ends, so it can be an excellent option for those who have mixed hair with oily roots and dry ends.
- Perform the treatment once a week, and you will notice significant results in a short time; your hair will look healthier, beautiful, and hydrated. It is not advisable to carry out this treatment more days a week since excessive use could accentuate the problem of excess oil in the hair.
Coconut oil and Lemon for oily hair
Now that you know how to use coconut oil for oily hair, if you see its results and they convince you, we advise you to combine it with the astringent and antibacterial properties of Lemon to get another excellent remedy to reduce fat and fight dandruff. . Lemon also greatly refreshes the hair and gives it a clean look for longer. Take note of how to do this homemade hair treatment:
- Squeeze half of 1 lemon and reserve about three tablespoons of its natural juice.
- Mix the lemon juice with one tablespoon of organic coconut oil in a bowl. Remember that you must previously heat the oil a little to become liquid.
- Apply the mixture throughout the hair, distributing it well throughout all the strands.
- Leave on for about 30 minutes.
- After that time, rinse the hair and wash it as usual.
Other home remedies for oily hair
In addition to coconut oil, there are other natural remedies for oily hair that you can also try to reduce excess sebum and achieve hair that does not look oily or caked. Write down the following treatments, and do not hesitate to check how they work for you:
- Beer hair rinse: After washing your hair, use an alcohol-free beer rinse to fight oil, strengthen it and give it shine.
- Horsetail: Add two dried horsetail leaves to 1 cup of boiling water and steep for 15 minutes. Strain the liquid and apply it to damp hair after applying and rinsing the shampoo that you usually use.
- Peppermint and rosemary: boil a handful of mint leaves, and rosemary leaves in water and use the liquid from this preparation to rinse the hair after washing.
- White clay: make a mask by mixing four tablespoons of white clay with the juice of 1/2 lemon and a little water. When you have obtained a homogeneous paste without lumps, apply it to the scalp and the rest of the hair. Leave on for 20 minutes before rinsing off.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Coconut oil for oily hair: benefits and how to use it , we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.