Sagging breasts, sagging of the bust, or breast ptosis, as known medically, is a reasonably frequent aesthetic problem in women. Usually, it is part of the body’s natural aging process, which intensifies and becomes noticeable over the years.
This can occur at an early age when multiple factors come into play that directly affects the breasts’ firmness, such as changes in volume due to pregnancy and breastfeeding, sudden changes in weight, cigarette smoking, overexposure to the sun, and a sedentary lifestyle.
The solutions vary, including some physical exercises or a mastopexy surgical procedure. Any of these options allows you to firm and lift your breasts. If you want to know more about the causes of sagging breasts at an early age and the solutions available, keep reading this article from FastlyHeal.
At what age do breasts sag?
The passing of the years makes us acquire experiences and experiences and allows our bodies to evolve and transform as time goes by. It is an inevitable change from which no one can escape. No part of our body goes out of this pattern. The breasts will not be the same at 20 years of age as after 30. The older the skin, the less firmness, less elasticity, and more significant sagging, which occurs due to decreased collagen and elastin production.
At this age, from the age of 30, is when the effect of gravity intensifies and, consequently, the sagging of the breasts, diminishing even more in those women who have large breasts.
Sagging breasts during adolescence is rare. However, the odds increase for those with large breasts or who routinely exercise without wearing the proper bras. Other factors that can favor sagging breasts at an early age are:
- The hormones.
- The genetic.
Each woman’s breasts will have a specific size and characteristics. The growth of the breasts begins before puberty, from the nipple to the development of the glandular tissue, where the typical features of the adult breast will be acquired.
Causes of sagging breasts
As has been described, breast loss at an early age is uncommon. However, for this to occur, multiple reasons can influence, such as:
- Genetics: This is one of the reasons that can lead to sagging breasts at an early age. Genetics can bring issues that are not resistant to traction; this is reason enough to suffer from sagging breasts when very young.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: The volume variations during pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause the breasts to sag. The production of milk, in principle, conditions the appearance of stretch marks, affecting the tone and firmness of the skin. After childbirth, the skin hardly returns to normal, which causes the breasts to sag slightly, causing the appearance of emptiness in the upper part of the breast.
- Sudden weight changes: another factor that, in addition to damaging health, affects the skin are rapid and sudden changes in weight. Remember that the breasts, in addition to being made up of glands, are made up of fat, so weight loss is directly proportional to their loss.
- Sun overexposure: sun exposure, in addition to representing a high risk to skin health, prematurely ages it. This implies that collagen and elastin will be less likely to be produced naturally, essential for skin to appear rigid, firm, and free of sagging.
- Cigarette: the habit of smoking enhances the breasts’ sagging since it decreases collagen production, interferes with blood circulation, and decreases the skin’s elasticity.
- Having large breasts: the greater gravity and the greater weight that women with large breasts have makes them more prone to sagging.
- Sedentary lifestyle: it is not simply leading a sedentary life but also maintaining an inadequate body posture.
- Use of the wrong bra: it is a habit that is usually ignored, but that can affect the characteristics of the breast, generating sagging, which occurs due to not using the correct size bra or wearing it poorly adjusted. Ideally, it shouldn’t be too tight.
Saggy breasts: solutions
Usually, when the breasts are flabby and sagging, we have the habit of wanting to solve it with physical exercises. However, you should know that physical activity, if not done correctly, will make the muscle gain volume, but it will be different from the characteristics of normal breasts.
Exercises for sagging and flabby bust
- Place your hands parallel to each other in front of the wall at shoulder height and slowly bend your elbows without lifting your hands from the wall. Do at least ten repetitions, rest for a minute, and do them again.
- The other ideal exercise to lift saggy breasts is done by bringing your palms together, pressing one against the other, in front of the chest so that the pectorals become tense.
Wear a suitable bra
On the other hand, wearing the right bra helps improve the quality of the skin of the breasts and allows the ligaments and muscles in the area to work correctly. It is essential to consider the centimeters of the back and the measurement of the contour to find the perfect size of bra.
- Suppose the reason why your breasts have fallen at an early age is due to size. In that case, the possible solution is called reduction mammoplasty, indicated to eliminate excess fat, skin, and tissue. This will allow the breast to be raised considerably.
- Likewise, another surgical intervention to solve sagging breasts is mastopexy. It is mainly used to restore the shape and volume that the breasts had in the beginning, raising the breast to the original position.
How to avoid sagging breasts?
There are some remedies and recommendations to prevent breasts from sagging at an early age:
- Yogurt: with three tablespoons of yogurt, a teaspoon of powdered fenugreek, and a vitamin E capsule, you will get a practical mask that allows skin cells to regenerate. Apply it on your breasts for 30 minutes and rinse later with cold water. Perform this procedure at least once a week.
- Posture: try to keep your shoulders open as long as possible to keep your back upright and avoid, in turn, the sagging of the breasts quickly. In the following article, you can see some tricks to improve your body posture.
- Sun protection: you can sunbathe, but try to use the appropriate protection to avoid the loss of elasticity of the skin and its dryness.
- Olive oil: massage with this oil will help to firm sagging breasts. This product is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, and it also improves skin texture and tone.
Maintain the ideal skincare to avoid premature sagging of the breasts, drink enough water during the day, maintain a good posture, avoid smoking, avoid sudden changes in weight and try to wear sun protection daily.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Sagging breasts at an early age: causes and solutions, we recommend that you enter our category of Female reproductive system.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.