The appearance of pimples in the anus is a frequent alteration and, on many occasions, it can be difficult to discuss it with family, friends, and even with the doctor because of discomfort or shame, which can lead to complications of the same due to not having a diagnosis precise and treatment according to the symptoms that are presented. The anus is the last portion of the rectum, and, due to its location, the presence of pimples in this area turns out to be very painful and uncomfortable, so it can limit the activities that are carried out daily even some such basic ones sitting and walking. The presence of this injury can indicate an alteration in your body, so the idea is that in this case, you go to the doctor and that you also know much more about the subject. We invite you to read the following FastlyHealarticle in which we tell you about why are bulges in the anus and their treatment.
Table of Contents
Why do pimples appear in the anus?
The appearance of lumps in the anus occurs for different reasons. Among the causes of pimples in the anus are:
- Hemorrhoids – This is the most common cause of spots in the anus. They are produced by constant dilation of a vein, so an increase in volume appears in the anal region. The dilation of this vein can give rise to characteristic symptoms of this alteration, such as pain when evacuating or blood in the stool. Learn more about this in this other FastlyHealarticle about Hemorrhoids: types, types, symptoms, and treatment.
- An anal abscess can cause an increase in volume in the anus; this is produced by an accumulation of pus product to an infection in the anal region due to a sexually transmitted disease or by blockage of a gland.
- Allergies: pimples caused by an allergic reaction are found near the anal region due to a skin allergy to a food or chemical, characterized by itching and stinging in the area.
- Anal wart: These lesions in the anal region are caused by the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV); this infection is frequent in people who practice unprotected anal sex, especially when you have more than one partner sexually. Here we explain more about warts in the anus: causes and treatment.
- Perineal injury: these injuries are evident in cyclists, people who suffer from chronic constipation, personnel who work in construction, and patients with interventions carried out in the perianal area; they are at risk of suffering from pimples in the anus.
- Folliculitis: it is an inflammation of the hair follicle in the anal area and often occurs when shaving the hair in the anal region.
- Seborrheic folliculitis: in this case, it occurs due to infection and inflammation due to excess fat in the area; it can be affected by the use of poorly breathable clothing, poor hygiene, increased humidity, or sweating in the anal region
- Molluscum contagiosum: This problem occurs on the skin due to the Poxvirus virus; it gives rise to the formation of tiny bumps located in the perianal region. This happens especially when you have unprotected sex. In this other FastlyHealpost, you can consult the Symptoms and treatment of molluscum contagiosum.
- Anal cancer: the appearance of a nodule in the anal region is not frequent; however, its presence is usually solemn; It requires an early diagnosis; in this way, successful treatment can be guaranteed. In addition to the increase in volume, there may be itching and difficulty in defecating accompanied by blood in the stool.
- Lipoma: it is an increase in volume due to the presence of fat in the area; it is not an entire lesion of the anal area, it can occur in other parts of the body.
- Dermoid cyst: this lesion is benign; it occurs in the testicles. However, they can be located in the perianal region between the anus and the scrotum. It is presented as an increase in volume in this region.
Pimples in the anus: symptoms
The symptoms of grain anus vary according to the cause that is giving rise to the occurrence of the injury, but some of them are:
- Lump in the anus.
- Redness of the anal area.
- Volume increase in the region.
- Appearance of ulcers.
Pimples in the anus: medical treatment
A doctor should treat the pimples in the anus with treatment according to the symptoms that appear and the cause that gave rise to the injury. These are the most common medical treatments for pimples in the anus, depending on the cause:
- If it is an infectious process, what is indicated is the medical prescription of an antibiotic to treat the bacteria in addition to analgesics and anti-inflammatories to alleviate the symptoms of this alteration.
- When the grains are the product of the HPV virus, the doctor will recommend the application of substances such as Cidofovir or Trichloroacetic Acid to treat the lesions.
- The anal abscess should be treated after medical evaluation. If severe, a surgical resolution should be carried out, it will be drained, and antibiotics, analgesics, and anti-inflammatories will be indicated to treat the infection and pain in the anal area.
- When it is a product of the presence of hemorrhoids, the treatment will depend on the severity of the injury. It begins with symptomatic treatment, but if the lesion persists, treatment is surgical.
- Surgical resolution is recommended in the case of injury to a gland in the anal region.
Home remedies for pimples in the anus
Among the recommended home remedies for pimples in the anus, there is a great variety:
- Tea tree oil: has excellent antibacterial and antiseptic properties; it is a perfect home remedy to treat pimples or increases in volume in the anus. It should be applied after cleaning the anal area with soap and water; then, it is used with a cotton ball. It is left in the place for approximately 10 minutes.
- Turmeric: This natural product has an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, antiviral, and healing effect, making it the ideal remedy to apply in cases of pimples in the anus. Turmeric powder mixed with water is prepared in the form of a paste to be applied to the region of the anus where the lesion is located. It should be left for about 15 minutes, then removed with plenty of water; its daily application.
- Garlic: due to its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, it helps to eliminate pimples in the anus; it is recommended to place a crushed garlic clove in the area where the grain is found after washing the area. It should be applied several times a day to get excellent results.
- Aloe vera: this plant is used for its multiple benefits; significantly, it reduces itching, burning, and inflammation, and it is beneficial for the symptoms of pimples in the anus. A leaf of aloe vera must be cut and peeled, and the content of the pulp or gel is applied. This procedure must be repeated several times a day; the relief will be immediately ideal for treating hemorrhoids.
In addition to home remedies, sitz baths or hot compresses should be used. These methods will calm the pain due to their anti-inflammatory effect; it is necessary to apply 3 or 4 times daily. The heat must be bearable without affecting the area where the injury is more.
How to prevent the appearance of pimples in the anus
To avoid the appearance of pimples in the anus, some measures should be put into practice that you will know below:
- Follow a healthy diet, that is, avoid the intake of coffee, cola drinks, alcohol, citrus fruits, chocolate, foods that contain spicy, and those capable of causing diarrhea.
- Getting more exercise as a daily routine promotes better digestion and blood circulation.
- Maintain proper hygiene in the anal area.
- Avoid irritating substances like bubble baths, genital deodorants, scented soaps, and wipes.
- Take specific steps if you need to use public restrooms.
- Change underwear frequently if you feel a lot of sweat in the anal area; it is preferable to wear loose cotton clothing.
- If you use the pool frequently when leaving it, you should take a shower and dry the anal area very well; this will prevent contamination by bacteria in this area.
- If you have anal, oral, or vaginal sex, you must have protection to avoid any contamination or contagion.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Pimples in the anus: why they come out and treatment , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.