One of the most common consequences of gastroenteritis with vomiting or diarrhea is dehydration, caused by a lack of water and minerals in the body. Most of us know the importance of drinking water when we find ourselves in this situation, but sometimes this is not enough.
The most recommended to combat dehydration is the serum, a liquid that helps replace the water and the lost nutrients that we can take orally. This product can be found in any health center, but it is still straightforward to prepare it at home. At FastlyHealwe discover how to make the homemade oral serum.
Symptoms of dehydration
Before starting, we believe it is convenient to inform you about the symptoms that can occur in a dehydration situation so that it is easier for you to identify them. Keep in mind that, in addition to being due to states of viral gastroenteritis or food poisoning, the body can also become dehydrated due to excess heat. Severe dehydration in an adult is usually characterized by:
- Dry mouth and thirst.
- Tiredness, fatigue, and drowsiness.
- Dizziness and headache
- Drop-in blood pressure and sometimes fainting.
To alleviate all these symptoms, it will be necessary to replace enough water and minerals, and oral serum is ideal for this since, in this state, the body is weakened, making it difficult to eat food.
Preparation of homemade oral serum
The recipe to make oral serum at home is very simple and does not require too many ingredients or tools:
- First, prepare 1 liter of water in a bottle or jug. We advise you to do it with bottled water, but if you opt for tap water, start by boiling it so that you eliminate any element that could worsen your condition.
- Once the water is placed in the container, add the juice of one lemon. This fruit will provide the necessary vitamins to the mixture and a more pleasant flavor.
- Next, add a teaspoon of salt and another teaspoon of baking soda. These two ingredients will allow us to recover all the mineral salts lost during vomiting and diarrhea. However, this mixture can be harmful in people with hypertension or heart problems, so it is best to see a doctor in these cases.
- Finally, add a tablespoon of sugar; This will sweeten the flavor of the serum and will provide us with glucose, which is also essential.
- Stir the ingredients well to make sure everything is adequately mixed. In a jug, it will be easier, especially with a good wooden spoon.
Once you have your mixture, you should take it several times a day to feel better. Intersperse a glass of serum with a glass of water so that you have had a minimum of two liters of water at the end of the day. The serum will help to rehydrate you and treat gastroenteritis and improve your health.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Making oral serum at home, we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.