Did you know that baking soda is an excellent remedy to naturally reduce inflammation of the stomach? It acts as an excellent natural antacid that helps neutralize stomach acids and, therefore, combat discomforts such as pain, inflammation, gas, burning, heartburn, heaviness, etc. An inflamed stomach is an ailment that various factors can cause. We find lousy eating habits, the type of food we eat, or conditions like gastritis, anxiety, reflux, irritable bowel, etc. First, it is essential to identify the exact cause of the problem to start an adequate treatment if necessary.
In this FastlyHealarticle, we will focus on the power of baking soda to relieve an upset stomach. Specifically, we’ll show you how to take baking soda for an inflamed gut in detail.
Table of Contents
Benefits of baking soda for the stomach
Baking soda acts as a powerful natural antacid and helps neutralize stomach acids, which can help fight a variety of stomach upsets. Let’s see below what are the main benefits of baking soda for stomach health and how it can help you reduce inflammation:
- Baking soda has cleansing properties that help remove all toxic substances from the body that can affect your health in the short and long term.
- It neutralizes stomach acids effectively and can destroy fats more quickly, so they will be easier to digest and will not cause stomach upset later.
- It helps restore the pH balance in the body and improves the functioning of the digestive system. In the following article, we talk about baking soda to alkalize the body.
- It is excellent to relieve stomach discomfort associated with indigestion, heaviness, gas, heartburn, pain, and stomach inflammation for all the above.
How To Make Baking Soda For An Inflamed Stomach
Suppose you want to take advantage of all the above properties and relieve stomach inflammation. In that case, one of the best natural remedies is to dissolve the baking soda in water and add a little lemon juice. When mixed with water, the bicarbonate creates an enthusiasm that facilitates the expulsion of gases, reduces the feeling of bloating, and relieves an upset stomach. Lemon, for its part, is excellent for alkalizing stomach acids and preventing heartburn. Take note of how you should prepare this mixture of bicarbonate and lemon to reduce inflammation of the stomach.
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- One glass of lukewarm water
- Add the baking soda first and dissolve in a glass of warm water.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix again.
- Drink this preparation little by little when you feel discomfort, and repeat the process every 3 or 4 hours if the problem does not disappear.
Another good home remedy for an inflamed stomach is the one that combines the properties of bicarbonate with apple cider vinegar properties, as this final natural product helps regulate stomach acids and improves digestion, being an excellent option to relieve stomach pain and avoid heaviness and bloating after eating.
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- One glass of lukewarm water
- In a glass of warm water, add the baking soda.
- Then add the apple cider vinegar little by little and stir.
- The preparation will begin to bubble, and once those bubbles go down, you should drink it little by little.
- You can take this remedy up to 3 times a day if stomach upset persists.
If you want to discover other natural treatments like these, do not miss the ones we show in the article Home remedies for stomach inflammation.
How to make baking soda for stomach pain
In addition to taking sodium bicarbonate for an inflamed stomach, you can also use it as a remedy to relieve pain in the pit of the stomach that can be caused by different factors or conditions, such as poor digestion, stress, accumulation of gases, reflux, gastritis, etc.
In this case, we propose two other remedies with baking soda for pain in the pit of the stomach. Pay attention!
Baking soda and cold water
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda to 1/2 glass of cold water.
- Stir the mixture well until the baking soda has completely dissolved.
- When the fizz has set in, take small sips of the preparation.
Baking soda and honey
Honey is a natural substance that also helps to deflate the stomach and prevent stomach infections thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- In a glass of warm water, add one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add one teaspoon of organic honey.
- Stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Drink the preparation little by little to get relief.
The recommended dosage of bicarbonate for an inflamed stomach
It is essential that when preparing sodium bicarbonate for an inflamed stomach or to relieve any stomach ailment, the following doses are respected so as not to suffer adverse effects:
- Adults can take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of baking soda every 3 to 4 hours.
- Children over six years old can take 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Baking soda is not recommended for children under six years of age.
Likewise, its consumption is not advisable in the following cases:
- Liver, kidney, or heart problems.
- People who are taking diuretic drugs, antibiotics, antacids.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
It is always advisable to consult with the doctor in advance if said natural remedy is suitable for our state of health.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Baking soda for an inflamed stomach, we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.