The liver is the organ in charge of purifying all those toxic substances that enter our body, either through food, the skin, or the respiratory system. However, some bad habits can cause the liver to lose part of its functions, and our health is harmed.
Therefore, and taking into account that this organ conditions the well-being of the rest of the body, it is essential to try to take care of it as much as possible, especially by cleaning it through food. In this way, we will guarantee its correct functioning and keep our body better purified. At FastlyHealwe offer you a list of foods to cleanse your liver.
Table of Contents
Vegetables to cleanse the liver
Vegetables are perfect for taking care of the liver since they help purify it and revitalize it. Don’t forget that they also contain many nutrients that will help keep you as healthy as possible. Here are the vegetables that cannot be missing from your diet:
- Green leafy vegetables: artichokes, spinach, and broccoli are ideal for purifying your body since they increase the production of liver enzymes and facilitate the elimination of toxins.
- Carrot: this vegetable has a high content of flavonoids and beta-carotene, which makes it highly nutritious, and its diuretic properties will also allow you to avoid liver problems.
- Beetroot: in addition to stimulating liver function and promoting detoxification, this vegetable has a high content of antioxidants, which help keep our cells young.
Fruits to cleanse the liver
Fruits are also essential to carry out this cleaning process since they not only have multiple nutrients such as vitamins and minerals, but they also provide water and fiber, which is very suitable for taking care of our digestive system:
- Grapefruit: it is one of the richest fruits in vitamin C and antioxidants, essential to cleanse the liver. Naringenin, one of its flavonoids, stimulates this organ to eliminate fats from the body.
- Lemon: This fruit is one of the best known to cleanse our bodies. It is also a source of vitamin C, antioxidants, and water, making it highly diuretic. Try starting your day with a glass of water with lemon juice on an empty stomach.
- Apple: this food has many benefits. In our case, it should be noted that it favors the elimination of toxins from the body and prevents the appearance of problems such as stones in the liver and kidneys.
Infusions and teas to cleanse the liver
Have we ever talked about medicinal herbs and their contribution to the care of the digestive system? In this case, they also collaborate to eliminate all kinds of toxins and prevent fluid retention. Here are some of the most effective:
- In addition to its diuretic and cleansing properties, dandelion is also famous for promoting intestinal transit and improving cholesterol levels. Two cups a day will help you cleanse the liver.
- Green tea: specialists recommend green tea thanks to its antioxidant power that helps prevent the accumulation of fats in the liver and helps to ensure its proper functioning.
- Garlic: we cannot forget about this food, which enhances the purifying function, improves the state of the kidneys, and fights fluid retention, among many other benefits. Try it infused with a bit of lemon.
Other foods to cleanse the liver are whole grains, oily fish, or aloe vera also help keep our liver clean. On the contrary, keep in mind that red meats, fried sausages, and alcohol are the least recommended for the health of this vital organ. Could you take note and start taking care of him?
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Foods to cleanse the liver , we recommend that you enter our Digestive System category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.