Do not worry, because you are not the only person whose face has been quite irritated after facial cleaning, but stay calm. This does not have to happen again.
After facial cleansing, the skin should be fresh, radiant, not too dry or too oily, and not at all tight. If this is not your case, it is because there is something that you are not doing right. To keep your skin in excellent condition, it is necessary to consider some factors, such as the products you use, how you use them, the water temperature, the number of times you clean, etc.
In this FastlyHealarticle, you will find everything you need to know about facial cleansing and whether it is normal for pimples to appear after a facial cleansing or not.
Pimples after a skin cleansing, is it normal?
Proper skincare is something that not many take into account. Soft, smooth skin with a natural glow requires particular external and internal care.
Facial cleanings are essential for skin care. They help remove impurities, flaking dead cells, pollution, makeup residues, or other substances to which the face is exposed.
Facial cleansing should be appropriate for each case, but these are often done improperly. In those cases, unwanted effects such as redness, burning, and even acne are likely to appear.
So, when asked if it is normal or not that after facial cleansing, pimples appear, let me say no. It is not normal or desirable for significant redness, acne, blemishes, or any other lesion to appear after cleansing your face.
To avoid this type of problem, the most appropriate thing would be that you carry out a dermatological consultation before starting with treatments and facial cleansings, especially if you plan to use specific products for it.
There are many cleaning agents: toners, creams, gels, mousses, kinds of milk—all with different properties that do not serve all people equally. Some products can be combined, and others that cannot.
That is why before spending money on one of these products, you must get good advice, based on your skin type, your background, the effect that certain substances have on your skin if you suffer from allergies if you have undergone treatments previously, and even if you suffer from diseases and take medication for it.
As you can see, there is a lot to know before choosing one product or another. And there is something I do not want to forget! The most expensive products are not necessarily the best because, as we have been seeing, this depends more on your skin and your body.
Take care of the skin from the inside.
We must not overlook that you must bear in mind that your skin reflects how your body is. We often think that we have problematic skin, that spots or acne appear just because, but the truth is that the skin is a visible warning that we should not ignore and only treat products externally. It has been shown in numerous scientific studies, for example, this one from the University of Calgary in Canada, that better digestion helps reduce various skin problems, including acne 1.
You must know that by integrally improving your body, your skin will realize it, and this is achieved through:
- Good habits.
- Good nutrition.
- Adequate rest
- Emotional and mental stability.
Why do pimples appear after a facial cleansing
There are some reasons why pimples can appear after a facial cleansing:
- Your skin is too sensitive for the products you use.
- You use cleansers without first moistening your face.
- You use products that are too irritating (even if your skin is not sensitive).
- You use the cleaning pads or wipes with too much pressure.
- You do not clean your skin well after applying the facial cleanser.
- You do not do the amount of cleansing your face requires: it is appropriate to clean it twice a day, in the morning and at night. If you overdo it, you irritate it, and if you are not constant, your skin can accumulate sebum, clog pores and facilitate the formation of blackheads.
- You don’t use facial toner: it is usually necessary to balance your skin’s pH and often leaves it ready to receive other products.
- You abuse exfoliants: these substances should not be used more than twice a week, and if they are more intense like peeling, they should be spaced even more and, of course, be indicated and performed by qualified professionals.
- You use boiling water to cleanse your skin. Too cold is not advisable either. It should be warm.
How the skin looks after a facial cleansing
Proper facial cleansing should leave your face fresh, not tight, dry, or oily, and ready to receive other products if you want to apply them.
Therefore, if you notice that your skin is red, sensitive, or pimples appear after the cleansing process, it is likely that you are not doing the routine you need or are using products that do not suit your skin type.
Sometimes the substances can be too vital for you, very abrasive, or even contain something that favors acne in skin susceptible to it. Herbal preparations should also be suitable for each skin type.
Once again, I recommend: getting a professional consultation to find out what is best to cleanse your skin.
How to reduce redness after a facial cleansing
A minor irritation can appear the first time you clean your face, mainly if your skin is not used to it, but it should not be too noticeable.
This redness usually disappears only after a few minutes. You can help yourself with tonics, as they balance the pH. Of course, the remedy should be the right one if you can’t worsen the situation.
On the other hand, something worth clarifying is that you must use a clean towel to dry your face and do it with small touches. If you dry it roughly, it is likely to become more congested.
You can also use some home remedies to reduce redness more quickly:
- Cucumber: it is anti-inflammatory par excellence. You can apply a few slices on your skin when it feels very congested.
- Potato: its starch and minerals make it a powerful decongestant. You can place a few slices of a freshly peeled and cut potato on your skin for a few minutes. It can also be used in petite massages after washing the skin, precisely to reduce acne.
Also, remember that your skin will improve notably if :
- Your diet contains less unhealthy fats, fried foods, processed products, alcohol, excess meat, and dairy, and it is rich in seasonal fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes.
- You practice exercise according to your physical condition, neither little nor too much.
- You get adequate rest at night.
- You try to balance your emotions and quiet your mind.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Is it normal for pimples to appear after a facial cleansing? We recommend that you enter our category of aesthetic treatments.
- Wood TE, Sibley CD. The emerging utility of the cutaneous microbiome in treating acne and atopic dermatitis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2020 Jan; 82 (1): 222-228. DOI: 10.1016 / j.jaad.2019.08.078. Epub 2019 Sep 6. PMID: 31499149.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.