Are you at your ideal weight? If you have doubts, in this FastlyHealarticle, we help you solve them with the famous table of recommended weights. This table is based on the body mass index (BMI), a simple mathematical formula dividing your weight in kilograms by your height in meters. Next, we will discover the ideal weight table for women and men, but we will also tell you how you can calculate the BMI effectively.
The ideal weight table of the World Health Organization
Before consulting this table, you will have already realized that we must consider a series of determining factors, such as age and gender. An ideal weight table for women and men that you can consult with complete and absolute confidence since the World Health Organization has prepared all these data.
The table shows our height in different international measurements and the ideal weight for that height. So interpreting this table is incredibly simple. You have to weigh and measure yourself and then compare your measurements with the numbers in the table.
How to calculate Body Mass Index
To know your state of health is, it is also recommended that you learn to calculate the Body Mass Index (BMI), a metric that manages to establish whether or not a person is at their ideal weight.
To calculate it, you will only have to divide your weight in kilos (for example, 59) by your height in meters squared (for instance, if you are 1.60, you will have to divide it by 3.2). The resulting number must be compared to a chart that records whether you are at your ideal weight. Is the next:
- If the BMI is less than 18.5: you are below your ideal weight. Therefore, it would be good for you to gain some weight.
- If the BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9: congratulations because you are at your ideal weight, you do not have to go up or down.
- If the BMI is equal to or greater than 25: you are slightly overweight, you would have to lose between 2 to 5 kilos to be healthier.
- If the BMI is greater than 30: we are talking about being more severely overweight or even obese. It is essential that, for health reasons, you begin to change your habits and bet on a healthier and lower-calorie life.
You have to know that this index is only designed for people over 18 years of age because, in adolescence, a series of physical and hormonal changes are experienced that can alter our weight; However, at this time, we do not have to worry too much, we only have to bet on healthy lifestyle habits, that is, eat healthily and play sports.
How to achieve the ideal weight in women and men
Now that you have been able to check the ideal weight table for women and men and learn how to calculate your BMI, you must consider a series of critical tips to be healthier and lose those extra kilos if you are overweight.
If, in the table and the BMI, it appears that you are living with a few extra kilos, you have to know that it is essential that you begin to make a series of changes in your life so that, thus, you can regain your health and be in a state of enviable shape. How? Following these tips:
- Eat healthier: food is the basis of well-being since it is from food that we obtain the necessary energy and nutrients to function correctly. But if we eat poorly or in large quantities, those excesses of toxins accumulate in the body, causing us to gain weight and worsen our health. Therefore, the trick is that you bet on a healthy and balanced diet where fruits and vegetables abound and where you reduce fats, fried foods, sweets, and excess salts.
- Do sports: In addition to eating well, you must put on your sports shoes and go out to exercise 4 or 5 times a week. You can do the exercise you want. You don’t have to go to the gym to do machines, therefore, from dancing, aerobics, swimming, paddle tennis … whatever you want!
- Reduce alcohol: although there are diets such as the Mediterranean that allow the consumption of 1 glass of red wine a day, the truth is that we must limit its intake quite a lot because this drink is included within the so-called “empty calories”, that is, we they provide a large number of calories and very few nutrients. Therefore, get used to drinking water (2 liters a day) and reducing the habit of alcohol to lose weight and achieve your ideal weight.
In this other FastlyHealarticle, we discover a healthy and balanced diet to lose weight with a weekly menu that will help you better organize your routine.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to the Table of ideal weight in women and men, we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.