Baking soda is very popular due to the many benefits it offers, ranging from neutralizing bad odors to relieving gastric diseases. This natural ingredient, combined with lemon juice, produces an alkaline substance that helps neutralize the acid in food and transforms fat into energy and muscle.
Due to the property of both substances to balance the acid-base ratio of the body, many people use lemon and sodium bicarbonate to lose weight , burn fat, accelerate metabolism and better absorb nutrients from food. If you want to know how to lose weight with baking soda and lemon, we invite you to continue reading this FastlyHealarticle.
Benefits of lemon and baking soda for weight loss
Currently, the use of sodium bicarbonate with lemon to lose weight has become very popular due to the actions that this combination exerts in the body and that we mention below:
- It fights excess acid in the body, allowing the body’s alkalinity to increase and the body to transform fat into energy. Remember that a body with a high level of acidity burns muscles and stores a greater amount of body fat.
- It allows the body to use more of the belly fat for energy when walking.
- It purifies the body of toxins and accumulated waste since it helps the kidneys to eliminate uric acid in a better way and to filter the blood.
- It improves digestion, fights acidity and reduces flatulence.
- It deflates the abdomen and the body thanks to its diuretic effect.
- Reduces altered levels of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- It acts as a natural catalyst that helps the liver to cleanse the body of toxins and accumulated fat more effectively. For this reason, it also stimulates the correct absorption of the nutrients and vitamins that we receive through food.
- In the following article you will find 8 medicinal uses of bicarbonate that will surprise you .
How to take lemon and baking soda to lose weight
To lose weight with lemon and sodium bicarbonate, the ideal is to prepare a liter of water with both ingredients to drink this drink throughout the day and that, in addition to purifying the body and balancing acidity, serves as a way to keep the body hydrated during the weight loss process.
Lemon water and baking soda
- 1 liter of water.
- The juice of 3 lemons.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Preparation : pour the liter of water into a plastic bottle or thermos with this capacity, then add the lemon juice and the teaspoon of bicarbonate and mix until the ingredients are well integrated. Drink the full liter of water during the day.
Baking soda and lemon on an empty stomach
If you do not like the taste of water with sodium bicarbonate and lemon or do not get used to drinking this drink throughout the day, you can choose to drink it on an empty stomach in a more concentrated way, the results will not vary.
- 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- The juice of 2 lemons.
Preparation : mix all the ingredients until they are integrated and drink before having breakfast, since the stomach will be empty and you will be able to better absorb all the properties of this natural remedy to lose weight.
The consumption of lemon and baking soda is very effective in helping people lose weight, in fact it is believed that you can even lose 1.7 kg per week. However, for this home remedy to be successful it is also important to take care of your diet and exercise, so it is recommended to eat healthy, avoid fat and increase your intake of vegetables, as well as practice at least 60 minutes of physical activity 5 times a week.
Side effects of lemon and baking soda
There are few side effects suggested by taking lemon and bicarbonate to lose weight, however, it is always important to consult with our doctor before using these home remedies since in some cases it may occur:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach ache.
- Swelling in the legs.
- Urine with blood.
- Body weakness
If any of the above symptoms occur, it is important to stop the consumption of lemon with baking soda and consult a specialist. Also, due to the sodium property of bicarbonate and its power to combat acidity in the body, the consumption of this drink is not recommended for hypertensive people or those suffering from gastritis.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Lemon and sodium bicarbonate to lose weight , we recommend that you enter our category of Aesthetic treatments .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.