Menopause is the stage in a woman’s life when her body undergoes a series of changes that cause the menstrual periods to stop. During menopause, the woman stops producing eggs, and the ovaries secrete a much lower amount of the female hormones progesterone and estrogens. These changes are responsible for the woman experiencing the symptoms of menopause.
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms that women experience during this process. They are more frequent at night and occur specifically due to the decrease in the hormone estrogen, which causes the body’s temperature to rise dramatically. There are many alternatives to relieve intense hot flashes. Among them, the infusion of sage stands out, a natural remedy that, thanks to the properties of this plant, allows you to control body temperature. For this reason, in this FastlyHealarticle, we explain how sage infusion works for menopausal hot flashes.
Benefits of sage for menopausal hot flashes
Sage has been used from ancient Rome to the present day as a medicinal plant to offer relief from symptoms of various conditions such as treating infertility, healing ulcers, healing wounds, and, of course, flavoring delicious foods, since this plant is widely used in the cuisines of the world due to its great aromatic power.
Sage is a plant that dramatically helps a woman’s health, especially during menopause. One of the main properties of sage is to calm the typical hot flashes of this stage of female life. This action can be carried out as it is composed of estrogens, vitamin B, vitamin C, saponin, vegetable oil, potassium, and enzymes. Compounds.
Due to its content in phytoestrogens, sage can be used as a natural alternative to replace hormonal therapy with synthetic estrogens, a treatment for menopause that has been proven to offer many side effects that can be dangerous for the health of the woman. Woman. Phytoestrogens are substances that, when ingested, behave and are assimilated by the body as female hormones.
As sage contains natural estrogens, it acts in the female body by balancing the deficit of this hormone which, although it will not stop the climacteric, allows to regulate the body temperature and thus combat hot flashes of menopause, nausea, headaches, night sweats, and vertigo.
Other properties of sage for health
- In addition to relieving menopausal hot flashes, Sage is an antioxidant plant that helps reverse cell aging caused by free radicals.
- It helps treat any inflammation, so its infusion is also widely used in people with arthritis or rheumatic diseases.
- Due to its high content of vitamin B, sage helps control the functions of the nervous system and improves memory.
- Sage is used in aromatherapy to offer a relaxing and delightful smell to the senses. The fragrance of this plant provides stress relief.
- It helps heal ulcers and wounds due to its healing power if its leaves previously boiled in water are applied on an injury and left to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- It offers relief from sore throat, cools the mouth, and prevents gingivitis and halitosis.
In the following article, you can learn about the different medicinal uses of sage.
Sage tea for menopausal hot flashes
To relieve menopausal hot flashes with sage infusion and take advantage of all its benefits, it will be necessary to go to an herbalist searching for sage extract or buy fresh sage leaves in the market. Once you have the sage, you can prepare the infusion by following these steps:
- Heat a cup of water in a saucepan over high heat.
- When the water boils, add two teaspoons of sage or a handful of fresh sage leaves.
- Let the sage cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Strain the preparation.
- Serve in a cup and drink.
- You can take sage infusion for menopausal hot flashes two times a day.
Other infusions for hot flashes of menopause
Linden also helps alleviate menopausal hot flashes and night sweats while offering a relaxing effect to help a woman fall into a deep, comfortable sleep without interruption. Prepare the linden infusion by following the steps of preparing the sage information. The recommended dose is 10 grams of linden flowers per infusion.
Witch hazel infusion
Witch hazel also helps women be more relaxed at this stage while fighting menopausal hot flashes and night sweats. The ideal is to prepare the witch hazel infusion with 10 grams of dried leaves and drink a cup one hour before sleeping.
Tips for treating menopausal hot flashes
- Eating a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables will allow you to feel much fresher and keep your body temperature under control. Remember that when we eat heavy meals, digestion requires more energy, increasing the temperature a bit.
- Wear cool, loose, cotton clothing.
- Take a fan with you to cool off in the moments of heaviest sweating.
- Drinking cold water throughout the day also helps ease menopausal hot flashes.
- Avoid drinking infusions very hot, preferably at room temperature.
- Stop smoking, and smoking is proven to make hot flashes worse.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Sage infusion for hot flashes of menopause, we recommend that you enter our category of Female reproductive system.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.