The skin can be frequently affected by various lesions, especially red spots, appearing in different parts of the body. They are evident in the neck, can occur throughout life, without distinction of age or sex, and are related to other diseases or conditions.
Sometimes, the spots on the neck are usually alarming. Therefore, they should be taken to warn that something is happening in the body. Consequently, it is essential to go to the doctor to establish a precise diagnosis and start treatment according to your symptoms.
FastlyHealIn this article, we inform you in detail about m wide red neck: why go and how to remove them.
Why do red spots appear on the neck: causes
Red spots on the neck can appear for different causes, among which we can mention:
- Urticaria is one of the most common causes of red spots on the neck. These lesions can result from allergic reactions to foods, such as fish, shellfish, eggs, chocolate, chemicals, or medications, such as antibiotics, pain relievers, or anti-inflammatories.
- Angioedema: this alteration has the exact origin of urticaria, but it is much more severe because it involves the innermost layers of the skin and mucous membranes. It is characterized by red spots on the neck without itching and swelling of the neck and airways, which can cause shortness of breath due to glottis edema or severe asthma. If the necessary measures are not taken, it can lead to anaphylactic shock.
- Contact dermatitis: as its name implies, this occurs when the skin comes into contact with irritants or allergies to these substances. Contact with metals (nickel, silver, gold, chromium, cobalt), poisonous plants, perfumes, latex, cosmetic soaps, etc., can trigger an extensive rash accompanied by itching, burning, cracks, or blisters. These manifestations will depend on each patient and the contact established with the substance or element.
This alteration usually occurs in adults due to excess fat produced by the sebaceous glands in some areas, such as the scalp, face, neck, and ears. It is characterized by the presence of red spots in these areas and other symptoms that we explain in detail in the article Seborrheic dermatitis: causes, symptoms, and treatment.
There are several diseases of this type capable of producing these red spots on the skin of the neck and in other parts of the body. Among them are:
- Rubella or measles: in this case, the areas are small, discreetly raised, accompanied by itching. They spread throughout the body and can last for about three days.
- Zika virus: Large, itchy punctate lesions appear three days after the mosquito bite. These spots start first on the face and neck. They pass to the rest of the body, lasting approximately five days.
- Insect bites: Mosquito bites can cause extensive hives on exposed body skin, such as the face, neck, arms, or legs. The size of the welts can vary depending on the patient’s sensitivity to insect bites.
- Mycosis on the skin: these spots can be large, affect well-defined areas of the skin of the neck. They can be accompanied by scaling and the presence of blisters and their reddish color.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: these spots are flat or raised and reddish. They appear anywhere on the body, especially on the neck of women.
- Psoriasis: these spots are red, dry, scaly, which differentiates them from the others.
- Environmental factors: extreme temperatures such as heat can give rise to the appearance of these red spots on the neck and the rest of the body.
- Stress and the intake of alcoholic beverages: Nerves, anxiety, and excessive alcohol consumption can be triggered by the appearance of spots on the neck.
- Sunburn: When the skin is exposed to the sun for prolonged periods, burns often appear on the exposed parts of the body, especially the face and neck.
Symptoms of red spots on the neck
In the vast majority of cases, the presence of red spots on the neck is accompanied by other symptoms, such as:
- Redness of the affected area.
- They were peeling off lesions.
- Increase in volume in the place where the stain is located.
- Eczema is accompanied by fluid.
How to remove red spots on the neck: medical treatment
Once the presence of red spots on the neck is evident, you should go to the dermatologist, the specialist in charge of giving the precise diagnosis and indicating the treatment according to the symptoms you present.
This treatment will depend on the cause that is giving rise to the appearance of the red spots on the neck:
- In cases where it is the product of hives or allergic reactions, you should take antihistamines or corticosteroids, apply them locally or take them orally.
- In the case of infectious infections, it is crucial to have up-to-date vaccinations. With this, you will avoid this condition and the presence of red spots.
- In cases where the areas are the product of a fungal infection, an antifungal medication should be prescribed orally or locally to apply to the spots.
Tips to remove red spots on the neck
If you want to remove stains on the neck and heal the skin more quickly, you must take specific measures into account :
- Apply creams that hydrate and soothe the itching, burning, or pain these spots may generate.
- Stay away from substances or allergens that can trigger the presence of red spots on the neck.
- Eat more foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Maintain hygienic measures when handling skin lesions, wash hands before and after being in contact with lesions to reduce the risk of complications.
- Protect the skin from the sun by implementing sunscreen with an appropriate factor for your skin type throughout the year.
- Keep the skin hydrated and chemical-free.
The presence of red spots on the neck is synonymous with something happening in your body, so you should go to the dermatologist to indicate the treatment to follow and give you the necessary guidelines to avoid these red spots on the neck.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Red spots on the neck: why they come out and how to remove them, we recommend entering our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.