Many people present or have presented red dots on the face, also called ruby points, and confuse them with the presence of pimples, blackheads, or moles. However, there is no reason to worry if you do not treat them and look for the cause that gave rise to their appearance.
Red spots on the skin, specifically on the face, can appear from the moment of birth and, in some cases, as a characteristic hereditary mark. At the same time, they can come out unexpectedly. The presence of these red dots on the face is not dangerous. Generally, they are small and regular in appearance, and they even appear very frequently on the cheeks, nose, and hairline. It is essential to mention that these injuries do not cause complications.
In the following FastlyHealarticle, we explain why red spots appear on the face and how to eliminate them.
Table of Contents
Why do red dots appear on my face?
Red spots on the face can appear due to multiple factors, such as:
- Hormonal changes: it is one of the leading causes of red dots on the face. In women, they are hormonal disorders or the stages where you are more exposed to the highs and lows of hormones, such as childbearing age or during pregnancy.
- Skin aging is another cause capable of triggering the appearance of red spots on the face due to age (between 35 and 40 years), constant exposure to the sun, and lack of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Diseases such as rosacea or systemic lupus erythematosus give rise to the appearance of these lesions on the face and other parts of the body. In this case, the lesions appear in the form of a rash on the skin.
- Pictures of anxiety and depression are triggers in some cases of this type of lesion on the skin of the face.
- Bad eating habits: high consumption of processed or packaged food can subject the body to toxic agents that, on many occasions, compromise the skin of people who are sensitive to these products.
- Sunburn: constant exposure to the sun without any protection can increase the risk of the appearance of these ruby spots on the face.
- Alterations of the vascular system: capillary weakness due to age and some types of skin can precipitate the appearance of these lesions on the skin of the face. However, they can appear in different parts of the body.
Diagnosis of red dots on the face
The appearance of red dots on the face usually draws the attention of those who suffer from it and the people around them, so it is necessary to go to a dermatologist. He will corroborate the presence of these injuries on the face or in different parts of the body through a thorough physical examination to identify the cause that led to the appearance of the damage.
It is essential to consult with the doctor in those cases in which there are changes in the color, shape, and size of the lesions to treat them in time and, with this, rule out that they are other types of conditions.
How to remove red spots on the face
To eliminate red spots on the face, techniques can be applied in the medical office to eradicate the lesion by burning them to make them disappear in case they generate uncertainty about:
- Its origin and diagnosis.
- The appearance or changes that the injury has presented.
- In cases where the red dots bleed frequently.
- When the red dots cause disagreement in the patient’s appearance.
Several alternatives exist to eliminate red spots on the face; among them are:
- Vascular laser: it is a technique used with laser with which the sclerosis of the walls of the capillaries is achieved so that the blood stops flowing through the vein and, in this way, with time, the redpoint disappears. The most widely used is pulsed light because it acts directly at the blood vessel level, does not damage the surface, and provides a better aesthetic appearance.
- Electrosurgery: consists of removing ruby points through the application of heat. The electrosurgical knife is required; it has a metal tip, which heats up and burns it until it disappears when it comes into contact with the injury, burns it until it disappears. The result of this procedure will depend on the equipment used and the doctor’s skill in applying the technique. Its application is recommended when the lesions are extensive, bulky, or in those where a study is needed.
- Conventional surgery: this surgery is not recommended except when there is a suspicion that it is a malignant tumor.
- Chemical sclerosis: it is used in larger lesions with excellent results. Its combination with the laser is frequent.
Each one separately or a combination of them is an excellent option in treating red spots on the face.
Tips to prevent the appearance of red dots on the face
- The main thing is to maintain a healthy diet, with the contribution of nutrients necessary for the body to function correctly.
- Water consumption should be increased to keep the skin hydrated, drinking a minimum of 2 liters of water a day.
- Increase the consumption of fruits, vegetables, and fiber; in this way, the body is kept free of toxins. It is essential to increase the consumption of avocado, olive oil, and Omega 3 or 6.
- The skin must be kept clean and free of impurities, especially before and after performing any cosmetic procedure to remove ruby spots.
- It is recommended to apply sunscreen according to the type of skin and the activity carried out; with this, in addition to avoiding the appearance of injuries, premature aging is avoided.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Red dots on the face: why do they appear and how to eliminate them, we recommend entering our Skin, hair, and nails category.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.