Have you ever looked in the mirror and noticed that you have white spots on your body? These white spots on the skin are generally the result of exposure to sunlight, and their presence is more common in people with sensitive skin or over 40 years of age.
White spots caused by the sun are harmless and are only treated aesthetically. However, other causes may be related to possible white sites in the dermis from the sun that we should know about and tips to prevent the appearance of spots and how to remove them.
In this FastlyHealarticle, you will learn much more about the sun’s white spots on the skin: its causes and how to remove them.
Table of Contents
Why do white spots appear on the skin in the sun?
White spots on the skin from the sun usually appear due to a deficit of melanin, which is responsible for the coloration of the skin. In addition to melanin, other causes explain why white spots appear on the skin after sun exposure.
It is essential to know them to determine the exact origin and thus treat them correctly:
Excessive sun exposure
This white spot on the skin is due to the constant incidence of UV rays on the skin. This can occur due to natural light or excess sun. It also usually happens in exposure to tanning beds.
It is essential to take care of the skin outside and inside with natural remedies to protect the skin from the sun.
Sun allergy in fair-skinned people can trigger the appearance of spots on the skin from the sun. Some of the symptoms that accompany white spots on the skin are:
- Redness on the skin.
- Burning on the skin.
- Edema in the area of the locations.
- Blisters in the holes.
Learn more about sun allergy in the article Sun Allergy: Symptoms and Treatment.
Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis
This dermatosis is benign and of unknown origin, but exposure to the sun accentuates its appearance. These white spots on the skin are generally associated with age and people over 70 years of age.
People who have low levels of melanin have a high probability of white spots on the skin from the sun.
In some cases, some people suffer burns on the skin after being exposed to the sun’s rays without significant consequences. Still, other skin types can develop a pigmentation reaction that gives rise to the appearance of white spots on the skin.
Some types of skin cancer can manifest themselves by the appearance of white spots on the skin in the sun. These are a consequence of constant exposure to the sun and lack of sun protection, giving rise to the appearance of these spots on the skin.
How to remove white spots on the skin from the sun
The white patches of skin can get attention because they generally are in visible places. Therefore, you must follow these recommendations so that you can remove white spots on the skin from the sun in the best way:
- Go to the dermatologist: he will make the corresponding diagnosis for your white skin spots and indicate the treatment you should take to eliminate them.
- Use sun protection: it is essential to control white spots on the skin or prevent their appearance. It would be best to put it on between 20 to 30 minutes before sun exposure. Likewise, it is essential to apply it every 4 hours so that the aforementioned protective effect can be maintained.
- Topical steroid creams: depending on the type of white spot on the skin and the area where it is, the specialist will indicate topical creams that contain steroids such as hydrocortisone.
- Topical Retinoid Creams: Other topical creams recommended by dermatologists include retinoids such as retinol and tretinoin. Its application stimulates cell regeneration and facilitates the removal of the outer layers of the skin.
- Dermabrasion: This procedure easily removes the outer layers of the skin and helps treat white spots on the skin that have been caused by the sun.
- Laser procedures: this technique directly attacks the pigment deposited on the skin, which allows the white spots on the skin to be gradually removed by the sun.
Remedies for white spots on the skin from the sun
If you want to avoid the appearance of white spots on the skin in the sun, you should keep these recommendations in mind:
Foods good for the skin
Maintain a diet rich in calcium, vitamin D, and E. The deficiency of any of them can cause the appearance of white spots on the skin. If you increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables, you will be able to increase the supply of calcium to the body and vegetables and vitamin C.
Keep the skin hydrated using products that repair and regenerate it. In addition to protecting your skin, it will improve the appearance of the spots that may appear. It is also necessary to drink a lot of water, especially when you are exposed to the sun’s rays.
Use sun protection to prevent sun exposure from having harmful effects on the skin. Apply it daily to the uncovered areas. Only then will you avoid the appearance of these white spots on the skin.
By following these tips, you will avoid the appearance of white spots on the skin from the sun since your body will be hydrated and protected, both inside and out.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor if you present any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to White spots on the skin from the sun: causes and how to remove them, we recommend entering our category of Skin, hair, and nails.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.