Psoriasis is a skin disease of unknown origin; due to this, the benefits of nature have been used to maintain healthy habits that improve and provide benefits to the quality of life of people who suffer from it.
The natural treatment for gouty psoriasis is an excellent option to provide an alternative to live for patients who suffer from it, taking advantage of the nutrients and benefits of each of the products used in this natural therapy.
The control of this skin disease should be carried out by a professional dermatologist, who will indicate the treatment according to the patient’s symptoms. In this FastlyHealarticle, we explain the natural treatment for gout psoriasis.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of gouty psoriasis
Gouty psoriasis or guttate psoriasis is a variety of psoriasis, a skin disease. It is characterized by presenting drop-shaped skin lesions, which vary from reddish to pinkish. Its size can vary from millimeters to approximately 2 centimeters in diameter.
Its presentation on the body can vary from splashes on the skin in the form of plates or more significant extensions that can cover the body.
Location of lesions
The lesions of this disease are at the skin level, specifically on the trunk, extremities, and scalp. They are red spots that have the shape of drops, hence their name, and that can spread to other parts of the body in the form of scaly patches that cause itching and stinging.
Causes of gouty psoriasis
It is not known for sure what is the cause capable of causing this disease. However, several factors can intervene in the appearance of gout psoriasis, such as:
- Genetic and hereditary factors.
- Infectious process of the respiratory tract produced by streptococcus bacteria.
- Viral infections ( rubella, chickenpox, or roseola).
This disease occurs in children and adolescents, although its appearance is frequent at any age without distinction of sex.
Natural treatment of gout psoriasis
There are natural treatments to fight psoriasis without causing side effects. A wide range of products obtained directly from nature can provide the patient with the best benefits. Among the home remedies for gout psoriasis, the following stand out:
Saltwater: the best saltwater is that obtained from the sea. To take full advantage of its benefits, the affected skin should be soaked daily for approximately 20 minutes; this will help unclog the pores and eliminate bacteria present on the skin.
- Sunlight: sunlight contains vitamin D, one of the best nutrients for the treatment of psoriasis that, in addition to caring for the skin, increases the production of a protective substance for the skin. Exposure to the sun should be daily between 10 and 15 minutes before 9 in the morning.
- Warm Shower Application – A warm shower soothes skin irritation. Cold compresses can also be applied to relieve injuries more quickly.
- Phytotherapy: natural plants such as horsetail provide the nutrients required to alleviate skin lesions. You can purify the liver and blood by taking infusions of plants such as dandelion, boldo, or milk thistle. The changes will be evident in a short time.
- Garlic and aloe vera: can be found in the form of extracts in drops. Both products contain vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that works by eliminating viruses and bacteria present on the skin.
- Chamomile tea: relieves the effects of psoriasis skin lesions. You can take it or apply it with compresses on the skin.
- Keep the skin hydrated: the skin should be hydrated to reduce redness and itching, increase water intake and apply dermatological creams that hydrate and relieve symptoms of dry skin.
- Nutritional supplements: such as omega 3 and 6 stimulate wound healing. In addition, they help improve the functioning of the immune system and reduce inflammation due to their high antioxidant power.
Under any circumstance, it is recommended to go to the doctor; he will be in charge of guiding the patient. If its indications are followed in a short time, you can achieve relief of symptoms and improve your quality of life.
Other tips for treating gouty psoriasis
- Changes in eating habits: a diet rich in raw fruits and vegetables should be followed to take advantage of all the nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and enzymes present in metabolic processes. In addition, they strengthen the immune system, which is very important in treating psoriasis. You should avoid consuming fats of animal origin, in addition to caffeine, alcohol, and refined sugar. Sometimes only dietary changes can alleviate symptoms. The following article shows what a diet should look like to fight psoriasis.
- It is also necessary to implement the practice of physical exercise since it stimulates the body to function correctly, in addition to strengthening the immune system and allowing toxins to be released. Sports like cycling and swimming are great for people with this disease.
- Control stress: learn to manage the pressures of day to day, since only then can we stay relaxed and calm, which will have a positive impact on skin lesions.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Natural treatment for gouty psoriasis , we recommend that you enter our Skin, hair and nails category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.