The dizziness is a feeling we’re going to pass out. Anyone can suffer from it on occasion and it does not have to be linked to a serious health problem. In fact, it is not a disease but a symptom. It can be caused by lack of sleep, low blood pressure, or lack of food. In FastlyHealwe will see what are the home remedies for dizziness.
Table of Contents
First steps for motion sickness
- One of the home remedies for motion sickness that you can do is to stretch and elevate your feet to facilitate blood flow to the head. It is one of the most used techniques when someone is away from home, such as in the subway, and there is no access to drinks or other resources that can alleviate motion sickness.
- Drink water. In many cases, dizziness is due to dehydration, so a glass of water will help rehydrate . Also, you can easily get water wherever you are.
- Look at a fixed point . When we have the sensation that everything is spinning around us, concentrating our eyes on a certain object helps us forget about the environment around us.
- Take a deep breath . By breathing we oxygenate our body and relax in case we suffer an anxiety attack. Inhaling through the nose and exhaling through the mouth can help us recover from dizziness.
The apple has properties that help us to eliminate dizziness, since it provides us with vitamins, minerals and energy . We can drink a glass of apple juice when we feel dizzy and in this way alleviate the discomfort .
Eat foods high in sugar
This advice is especially recommended for people with diabetes . Chocolate contains a high level of sugar . People with diabetes experience low blood sugar that can lead to fainting. When we get dizzy we feel a similar sensation, so eating chocolate helps us regulate our blood sugar level.
Mint and ginger
Other home remedies for dizziness are peppermint and ginger. The peppermint helps reduce symptoms of dizziness for its strong aroma and flavor. Taking a few mint leaves with sugar can solve the discomfort in 5 minutes.
The ginger is one of the most effective home remedies for motion sickness because it blocks serotonin receptors , responsible for the nausea. In addition, it stimulates blood flow in the digestive system. Just add a tablespoon of ground ginger to a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.
It is a type of pepper known for its medicinal properties . We can put a little of this pepper in a cup of hot water and sip it. In addition to solving dizziness, cayenne pepper stimulates the production of gastric acids that improve digestion, combat constipation due to its laxative components and help the healing of stomach ulcers.
Recommendations to prevent dizziness
Although we cannot predict dizziness, we can take some actions that will help us prevent it in case we are prone to it:
- Not getting up quickly. Many people get dizzy when they get up from the sofa or chair. This is due to a sudden drop in blood pressure. It is advisable to get up more slowly .
- Bring a candy . If we have a drop in sugar, carrying a candy on top can be very useful to balance the levels.
- The consumption of cigarettes or alcohol can cause dizziness, since they are toxic products that cause disorders.
When to go to the doctor?
Depending on how long the dizziness lasts or the frequency with which we have them , we will have to go to the doctor more urgently. In case of frequent dizziness, it is best to visit the doctor as soon as you detect that these are repeated and do not stop. In the same way, if you do not suffer from dizziness frequently and you suffer from dizziness for a long time, going to the doctor will be the best solution.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home remedies for dizziness , we recommend that you enter our Brain and nerves category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.