For many men, the state and appearance of their semen represent a cause for concern frequently. This is due to the difficulty of defining what is expected and what is not. The semen that comes out as white jelly can become a condition that, for many, seems abnormal. The good news is that, in general, there is no reason to worry because it is not usually a pathology unless other symptoms accompany it.
In this FastlyHeal article, we explain why the semen that comes out as white jelly is due to and when you should worry about it and go to a specialist.
Jelly-like semen, is there a need to worry?
The reasons why semen comes out as white jelly are diverse, but in no case are they a cause for concern unless there are specific symptoms that we will list later.
The seminal fluid is whitish and usually dense. This allows that when the liquid enters the vagina not leave it quickly, and at the same time, it manages to defend itself and stay within this area that has very high acidity. Thus it is achieved that, with all the given conditions, fertilization occurs.
For many men who do not know what the semen should look like, a dense and jelly-like appearance is cause for concern. However, this may be due to everyday factors that do not represent any problem, for example:
- Higher density of semen due to low fluid intake. If you drink little water, it is normal for your semen to be much thicker, so to make it more liquid, you must hydrate correctly by ingesting at least 2 liters of water a day. If you have difficulty consuming this amount, the tips in the article Tips for drinking more water every day can help.
- More concentration of semen due to a not very active sexual life, the more ejaculations, the more fluid the semen is, so if you have not ejaculated for a long time, it is normal for it to be thick. In the following article, you can discover more signs that your body can reveal to you due to lack of sex.
When should you be concerned about white, jelly-like semen?
If your sperm is white and thick, it is thick semen without any other symptoms, there is no reason for concern, and it is even likely that only increases the amount of water you drink will make it more liquid. However, it is crucial to go to the urologist if other symptoms occur, such as:
- Pain or burning when ejaculating.
- Blood in the semen.
- Brown-colored ejaculations.
- Bad smell of seminal fluid.
- Lumpy sperm or balls.
These symptoms are usually a sign of both urinary and other infections, so consulting a urologist is essential for a detailed diagnosis and being able to receive the appropriate treatment in each case.
Thick semen: causes
As we have already pointed out before, several causes can cause thick semen. On the one hand, we have the frequency with which it has been ejaculated. Still, there are also other more serious conditions such as specific alterations in some areas of the male reproductive system and an infection in that same area that ends up influencing the characteristics of the semen and causes semen with lumps.
Here we explain what the main causes of thick semen or jelly-like sperm are :
- High sperm concentration: generally, in each ejaculation, between 15 and 200 million sperm come out for each milliliter. However, depending on how long you have not ejaculated, this amount may be higher. Also, if there is not enough fluid, the density of semen with a lot of sperm will give it a jelly-like and very thick appearance.
- Prostate problems: specific alterations, whether in the seminal vesicles or the prostate, will vary the composition of the sperm. In these cases, it is necessary to go to the doctor.
- Infections: There are certain infections of the male reproductive system that can also alter the density and volume of semen. It is necessary to go to the urologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
As we have just seen, these causes of clumps in semen or jelly-like sperm are of varying severity. While some should not be important, others do have some seriousness. That is why it is unnecessary to be overly alarmed if your semen comes out like jelly. However, it is always recommended to go to a specialist to diagnose and start treatment if necessary. There are even more reasons to visit the doctor if you have other symptoms such as discharge, pain, or other symptoms.
This article is merely informative. At FastlyHeal .com, we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any kind of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Semen that come out as white jelly, we recommend that you enter our category of Male reproductive system.
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.