The uric acid is created when our body tries to break down purines that are found in foods like mackerel, sausage, anchovies, liver and beer. This chemical dissolves in the blood and goes to the kidneys where it is discharged in the urine, in case this does not happen or the uric acid content in the urine is very high, it can cause serious injuries, since it will begin to accumulate in the joints, tendons, kidneys and other organs. The normal values of uric acid should be between 3.5 and 7.2 mg / dL. At FastlyHealwe give you some natural remedies to reduce uric acid .
The first thing we must take into account to lower uric acid is our diet and hydration, so it is recommended:
- Reduce the salt in your meals and avoid cold cuts, pickles, chips and soy sauce.
- Drink two liters of water a day.
- Decrease the consumption of foods rich in purines such as shellfish, organ meats, red meat, lentils, peas, tuna. Cauliflower, spinach, asparagus and mushrooms also contain this substance, but in less quantity.
- The foods to lower uric acid are eggs, milk, potatoes, rice, artichokes, zucchini, pears, kiwis, apples, vegetables that do not contain many purines such as chickpeas and beans. In case of having high cholesterol , the dairy you consume should be skimmed and only three eggs a week.
- Homemade vegetable broths help remove uric acid from the blood.
- Reduce the consumption of refined sugar, whether in processed juices, soft drinks or pastries.
- Avoid alcohol consumption because it prevents the elimination of uric acid.
- In case of overweight, before doing any diet, you should normalize your uric acid levels and consult with your doctor, since he is the only one who can help you follow a suitable plan.
Apple tea with lemon
The apples are ideal to help our digestive system , but also the combination of these and lemon activate the production of hydrochloric acid, ideal for creating an alkalinity in our body that help neutralize uric acid . Cut an apple into pieces (without removing the skin), put it to cook in a glass of water, add the rind of a lemon and a cinnamon stick, boil for 20 minutes. Strain it and drink it after your meal, without adding any sweetener or sugar. You can also have a green apple for breakfast.
Strawberry and lemon juice
This juice is ideal if in addition to having high uric acid , you suffer from arthritis or gout. Strawberries have diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties, and it is also considered a natural aspirin because it helps relieve joint pain. Boil 10 clean strawberries in a glass of water, when they are soft add the juice of half a lemon and take it to the blender until the mixture is homogeneous. Drink it after your meal.
Lemon and honey infusion
When our body assimilates honey and lemon, an alkalinity is produced in our body that helps it to expel purines as waste. This infusion is another natural remedy to reduce uric acid and you can drink it throughout the day. Heat a liter of water and add the juice of a lemon and its rind, let it cook for 20 minutes, strain it and add three tablespoons of honey. Drink the first warm cup on an empty stomach, the next after lunch and the last will be 30 minutes after dinner.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Natural remedies to reduce uric acid , we recommend that you enter our Food category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.