The lungs are essential not only for respiration, but they also fulfill immune, metabolic and pH balance control functions. With which, when they are sick, not only is that sector of the organism being affected, but the whole body, which is a whole, will be resented. That is why looking for natural ways to help the expulsion of secretions becomes important, you should not stop the cough, but you can stimulate the cleaning of the lungs.
Keep reading this FastlyHealarticle if you want to know how to clean your lungs naturally and how to improve your health.
When to clean the lungs?
The main function of the lungs is the oxygenation of the blood . In this process, “dirty” blood arrives from the heart and, as it passes through the lungs, they fill it with oxygen, which is necessary for the proper functioning of all processes in the human body.
Other lesser known functions of the lung are metabolic and acid-base balancing. The metabolic function consists of the secretion and inactivation of different substances in the lung, some come from the circulation and others are manufactured within this part of the respiratory system. This complex work can be impaired by excess toxins in the blood, even more so when the cleaning function of other organs, such as liver and kidney, are exceeded.
As for the acid-base balance, it is another complex process in which different body substances are used to maintain an adequate body pH.
When the lungs have been victims of a viral or bacterial infection, when they are irritated by different substances, when the allergy makes them more reactive or a tumor process or a chronic disease affects them, the defense mechanism of this organ is the production of mucus and coughing the way to expel it.
Therefore, it is so important not to stop the cough, but to find a way to help the body eliminate mucus , also correcting the root cause of the problem. Next, different ways to cleanse the lungs naturally will be explained.
Steam cleaning the lungs
This is one of the best home remedies to clean the lungs. The water vapor (not too hot in order to avoid damage) is excellent to help the respiratory system free from troublesome secretions. You can do this process with plain water, but you will find more benefits using:
- Saline solution : it can be serum (physiological solution) or water with salt (if it is marine better). By having a higher concentration of salts than pure water, it will help the entire respiratory tract to secrete what it does not need.
- Eucalyptus : this medicinal plant is of great help in both acute and chronic processes of the respiratory system. When inhaled, it deflates and helps to expel phlegm, vaporized in the environment has the property of cleaning of toxins. The leaves, branches and flowers should be boiled.
- Fir : you can also apply steam in the environment obtained from boiling 20-30 grams of pineapples in a liter of water.
Infusions to clean the lungs
You can choose one of these infusions, drink it for about 5 days and then switch to another. The important thing is to do it away from meals (1 hour before or 2 after) and not sweeten or, if you do, that it be with pure honey.
- Eucalyptus : 20 grams of the leaves, flowers and / or branches in pure water, it must boil for 5 minutes and rest for as long, then you drink up to 2 cups per day of that cooking.
- Ginger : anti-inflammatory and analgesic, its use for respiratory problems is key. Some fragments of the root are cooked in pure water for 10 minutes, then, let it rest for another 10 minutes and you can drink 2 to 3 cups a day.
- Licorice : 3 cups per day of an infusion prepared based on 20 grams in 1 liter of water. It is expectorant and diuretic, helping to cleanse the body.
- You can make an infusion of several herbs that work together: sage, yarrow, coltsfoot, ground ivy, and veronica . Using 5 grams of each in 1 liter of boiled water, steep and drink 3 to 4 cups each day.
- Linden – Hot linden infusion is excellent as an expectorant, sudorific, and soothing. Dried flowers are used.
- Fennel : you can also prepare an infusion with this herb and drink 2 cups a day. Helps reduce inflammation and expectorate.
You can see more options in the article Infusions to cleanse the lungs .
Foods to cleanse the lungs
The worst foods for lung problems are dairy and gluten. Wheat flour, especially refined flour and those derived from milk generate circulation of pro-inflammatory substances in the body, even when there is no allergy to them. That is why it is so important to make the decision to leave them if you really want to achieve a state of good health.
It is convenient to obtain minerals (especially the so precious calcium) and vitamins from fruits and vegetables, especially raw. Did you know that orange or spinach can help you provide the calcium your body needs?
On the other hand, to help expectorate and expel phlegm there are certain foods with very good effect that you should consume raw, in juice or whole, away from other foods. You can combine them with each other:
- You have to
Among the foods that do not help you eliminate secretions and worsen your health are:
You can replace these unhealthy foods with others such as: nuts, legumes and seeds (sprouted even better), fermented (such as sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir or kimchi). These foods are essential to achieve a body balance, since that balance begins with the intestines. It has been shown that people who suffer from constipation and have an altered flora (microbes of the intestine) worsen their immune system, including immunity at the lung level.
Honey water to cleanse the lungs
If you want a superfood to cleanse the lungs naturally, you must turn to honey. Not only does it have a large amount of vitamins and minerals, but it is anti-inflammatory, healing and helps to cough up .
Like other foods and medicinal plants, it is important to consume it away from other foods. You can dilute a tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm water and drink this preparation several times a day. You can also add it to the infusions that you prepare.
Quitting tobacco to cleanse the lungs
All the irritants to which the airway is exposed do not contribute to its healing. Environmental pollution, agrochemicals, substances for occupational exposure, but there is one that is the worst and on which a full decision is made: tobacco.
Smoking worsens any lung process and, over time, only leads to chronic diseases of the lung (COPD, cancer) and the rest of the body (heart problems, hypertension, etc.).
In the following video, we give you good advice to quit smoking without anxiety.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to clean the lungs naturally , we recommend that you enter our Lung and respiratory tract category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.