Arthritis is an inflammation of the membrane that covers the cartilage of the joints, responsible for protecting them from the pressure exerted on them. In most cases, it appears as a result of another medical condition, such as an infection caused by viruses and bacteria, a bone fracture, or an autoimmune disease. It occurs most often in those joints that suffer the most movement, such as the hands, feet, knees, elbows, hips, shoulders, or ankles. It is a disease that hinders the everyday life of those who suffer from it since it causes pain, stiffness, swelling, and lack of mobility that can be seen accentuated in the mornings. Despite the absence of definitive treatment for arthritis, there are a series of measures that alleviate the symptoms and contribute to greater well-being. Therefore, at FastlyHealwe want to explain some natural remedies for arthritis to improve people’s quality of life.
This plant has been used for hundreds of years in natural medicine for its anti-inflammatory properties, as well as other digestive and antioxidant properties. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties for being rich in curcuminoids, which act as inhibitors of certain substances that work against the body. Therefore, it effectively treats both arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome and alleviates their symptoms. It is an excellent option to use with other anti-inflammatory products to increase its effectiveness, such as bromelain, a substance found in pineapple and black pepper.
You can get this plant in many establishments in its packaged format since it is used for cooking as a condiment. For its consumption, to alleviate the symptoms of arthritis, you can have the following options:
- Add turmeric to your meals. You have to prepare a dish, such as rice, with some seasoning and add a little turmeric.
- Heat a glass of milk by adding a little turmeric powder. You can also choose to put a tablespoon of honey and give it a sweeter flavor.
- Boil some water and then a couple of tablespoons of turmeric powder.
Ginger has multiple properties, among which is its anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. Therefore, it can be a good home remedy to help relieve pain and swelling caused by arthritis. In addition, this plant is beneficial in alleviating gastrointestinal problems, improving circulation, eliminating bad breath, and fighting colds. However, care should be taken with its consumption in the case of having certain gastrointestinal diseases such as ulcers, gastritis, colitis, or Crohn’s disease. In the same way, those with high blood pressure, gallstones, or cases taking diabetes medications should avoid their consumption.
Some of how you can consume ginger as a home remedy for arthritis are:
- Prepare ginger tea. To do this, boil water for 10 minutes together with some peeled and cut ginger roots. Afterward, let it cool slightly and remove the ginger from the water.
- Another way to benefit from ginger to relieve arthritis symptoms is by placing a cloth soaked with ginger tea on the affected area. It is only necessary to follow the previous step to make the ginger tea and, later, wet the cloth and place it on the skin for a few minutes. When we detect that it cools, we repeat the step by soaking it again. Perform this home remedy every 6 hours.
Perform massages with olive oil or castor oil
Another good way to combat arthritis pain and swelling are to massage the symptomatic area with olive or castor oil. In addition to improving symptoms, it will allow you to relax and feel better.
Olive oil is impala frequently in Mediterranean food to add flavor to foods. This oil contains oleocanthal, which gives it anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that allow us to use them as a natural remedy for arthritis, reducing pain in the joints and the muscles. It is also effective to reduce weight, carrying out a Mediterranean diet, in addition to strengthening the immune system, and lowering blood pressure by containing antioxidants and healthy fats.
In the same way, castor oil, also known as castor oil, can serve as an ally in treating the symptoms of arthritis. First of all, pregnant or lactating women should avoid its consumption during menstruation or in case of appendicitis.
This oil contains a high content of omega three and alpha-linolenic acid, one of the essential oils most necessary for the proper functioning of the body. The fats provided by omega-three are concentrated in more significant amounts in the nervous system. They have an anti-inflammatory effect that would explain their use as a natural remedy for arthritis. Its consumption can be through food.
We can use these two oils externally to massage that part of the body with arthritis twice a day. Olive oil can be found in any supermarket, while castor oil is available in herbalists and some pharmacies.
Other home remedies for arthritis
Next, we show you other home remedies that you can use for arthritis, and that are very simple to do. Remember that we are not trying to solve the original problem but to alleviate the symptoms that the disease presents, such as inflammation and pain.
- Apple cider vinegar . It allows to disinfect the skin, lose weight, cure cough, etc. In addition, it helps to relieve muscle cramps due to its high potassium content and reduces arthritis pain and the development of the disease. We can buy it in any supermarket, and its consumption can be by applying a couple of tablespoons in a glass of water to drink.
- Nettles . We can prepare an infusion of this plant to treat pain caused by arthritis. This plant is sold by herbalists and helps fight inflammation.
- Eucalypt . Another tool that nature provides us. In this case, its analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-rheumatic properties help treat the pain and swelling of arthritis.
- Epsom salts . It contains a high level of magnesium, which is beneficial for eliminating toxins, muscle control, and electrical impulses. It must be used externally, so the best way is to prepare a bath with these salts, which will benefit the proteins in the joints, reduce muscle cramps, and lower blood pressure. To do this, we must prepare a hot water bath and add two cups of Epsom salts. It is recommended to take a bath for 15 minutes three times a week.
This article is merely informative, at FastlyHeal .com we do not have the power to prescribe medical treatments or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to Home Remedies for Arthritis , we recommend that you enter our Bones, Joints and Muscles category .
I am a Surgeon with a diploma in comprehensive ultrasound and surgical care residency, an area I am specializing in. During the exercise of my profession, I have realized the need for patients to know the diseases they suffer, and I can tell you that a large part of their complications is due to a lack of information. Being a health web writer allows me to transmit my experience, without borders, to all those readers eager for knowledge, educate them in the prevention of diseases and promote a healthy lifestyle.